Discussion Finding your 'whale'

Remove this Banner Ad

Like a few members on the forum, I am looking for a St kilda yellow Guernsey from any year, preferably PI but retail will do as well. If anyone has one to sell please let me know
Cheers

Like a few members on the forum, I am looking for a St kilda yellow Guernsey from any year, preferably PI but retail will do as well. If anyone has one to sell please let me know
Cheers
I'm glad I got mine from the first match we wore them, as they are rare as hens teeth (Only 1 set numbered 1-52 were produced; Hammil wore #2 and #52 after getting blood on his original). Got Jason Cripps' and then chased him for a couple years before managing to get it signed.

I've been looking for a St Kilda guernsey from the 1996 Centenary Celebrations match. My parents didn't want to get me that version when buying me a jumper at that time, as they didn't think I would wear it again! Still spewing about that one!

I'm glad I got mine from the first match we wore them, as they are rare as hens teeth (Only 1 set numbered 1-52 were produced; Hammil wore #2 and #52 after getting blood on his original). Got Jason Cripps' and then chased him for a couple years before managing to get it signed.

I've been looking for a St Kilda guernsey from the 1996 Centenary Celebrations match. My parents didn't want to get me that version when buying me a jumper at that time, as they didn't think I would wear it again! Still spewing about that one!

There was one on eBay a few years back. I have a collingwood match worn from that game.
207fa517d734ad8ab61afb099c63cc3d.jpg

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Heres my whale, on the right. the Caroline Springs Lakers.
Why? Lived in Caroline Springs for 5 years before moving back to NZ.
I'd settle for a reasonably priced retail version - the club did offer me a Brian Lake-signed one for a coupla hundy. But sheesh I wanna wear it around and get it grubby.

View attachment 271096

so.. yeh... got my motherf**kin' Whale. Caroline Springs represent. $60au. http://www.carolinespringsfc.com.au/
Was able to buy it directly from the Lakers FC (thanks to those guys), who had excess team uniforms (last years sponsors, strip hasn't changed) Have friends who live in Caroline Springs, whom we just visited while they were on holiday in NZ, they were able to pick it up for me. Super stoked. Fits perfect. IMG_3999.JPG IMG_4001.JPG

Greek nightclub promoter from Melbourne who is known to be a huge Tiger fan was seen regularly in clubs in the early 2000's after a Tigers game in a longsleeve 1996 sportswool PI. Back when you could smoke in clubs, that jumper must have absolutely reeked of smoke the next day.

Sad react.

I've just stumbled upon this thread. Interesting read but I must ask the question: What is a 'whale' in the context of this thread? Excuse my ignorance :p

I've just stumbled upon this thread. Interesting read but I must ask the question: What is a 'whale' in the context of this thread? Excuse my ignorance :p
'The big one'. The one jumper that would complete your collection in a sense. Normally something stupid rare.

My Collingwood jumper collection is pretty lacklustre when it comes to exclusives, only purchasing Home and Clash guernseys every few years. However there is one jumper I would do anything for and I seriously hope they remake it in the future. That is the 'swooping Magpie' worn in the early 2000's.
ShaneOBree11AussieRulesAFLMatchWornShirt2004front_zpsbb9b1ffe.jpg
I have never been able to find one on Ebay and I doubt I ever will due to its age and exclusivity. I could always just ring up Adidas but I am much to slothful, plus it wouldn't be the same.

My Collingwood jumper collection is pretty lacklustre when it comes to exclusives, only purchasing Home and Clash guernseys every few years. However there is one jumper I would do anything for and I seriously hope they remake it in the future. That is the 'swooping Magpie' worn in the early 2000's.
View attachment 395241
I have never been able to find one on Ebay and I doubt I ever will due to its age and exclusivity. I could always just ring up Adidas but I am much to slothful, plus it wouldn't be the same.

There have been been plenty of these on eBay over the years, just keep checking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's just as offensive as the below.

has he worn it that much that the black is turning brown or is that stretchimg?

IMG_0746.JPG

Tony Schibechi with a long sleeve Jay Schulz centenary PI.

Was blabbing on about it on the radio and had no idea of the rarity or significance of it. Said he wears it around the house.

Makes me ill.

455a97de15d61f5fce39ca8a09d6af71.png

my whale is a Crows Grand Final guernsey
9dd04cb326c6555fa9b12c869b01e0c1.jpg

Considering how poor you guys were, I'd get it and burn it.
You should wait until you win a third premiership.
I know that its not worthy. But i have always loved the grand final badge on guernseys and have wanted a crows one for years
at what stage was Tex that happy on GF day??

must have been the 1st quarter.
i think it was after his first goal and we were still a chance of winning

Remove this Banner Ad

Back