Game Day JLT2 - Melbourne v St Kilda, Thursday 8 March, 7.05pm, Casey

Remove this Banner Ad

What do we want to see?

Personally...

- Viney and Tyson to play
- Frost in the lineup
- Continued forward pressure
- More Max

Would like to see Wagner cement his spot in the back half. Not sure why most supporters are assuming Lever will be a walk up start.

Would like to see Wagner cement his spot in the back half. Not sure why most supporters are assuming Lever will be a walk up start.
Uhh, what? One of them is coming off an All-Australian squad season and the club just shelled out 2x first rounders and a monster contract for, while the other struggled for a game for much of last year.

Because he's been paid enough to guarantee a start even if he played two shockers in the lead-up.

Would like to see Jetta play. Want him fighting fit for round 1, definitely one of our best players. Also would like to see another full game for Fritsch, he might be cementing a round 1 debut.

Goody mentioned in his presser after the game that he expects Tyson and Jetta to play against the Saints.
I actually doubt there's anything wrong with Jetta, he played AFLX, more likely a management thing.

Cannon's bait getting a few bites. na na na na na na na na Fishing

Starting a new season is refreshing because players and BigFooty posters alike are still getting match-ready and need game time / a few decent threads under their belt before they hit form.

What do we want to see?

Personally...

- Viney and Tyson to play
- Frost in the lineup
- Continued forward pressure
- More Max
ANB and Harmes to carry on their good form.
Joel Smith and Balic to get games and to play well.
Trac to kick six to rub some more salt into the Aints wounds.
Fritsch to play well again and put himself in our round one side.

I’m in two minds.
Half of me wants to see the most likely round one team. Too see how it works and get them to gel before round one especially for our back line with lever in.

The other half of me wants the fringe players to keep playing incase we have injuries and they’re exposed to the position they’d be replacing a player in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m in two minds.
Half of me wants to see the most likely round one team. Too see how it works and get them to gel before round one especially for our back line with lever in.

The other half of me wants the fringe players to keep playing incase we have injuries and they’re exposed to the position they’d be replacing a player in.
I want us to forfeit and preserve our unbeaten 2018 status

I’m in two minds.

Its only one more game and we need to get some run into Tyson and Viney, plus its as good a dress rehearsal as any.

I say play 'em.

Im thinking if Fritta plays well and keeps hid spot, the Weed will have some competition for his spot in the forward line

Not really competing for the same spot though, Weid is 2nd/3rd tall and Fritsch is a HFF. Fritsch and Hannan is a better comparison, although I think we can play both.

Literally I dare someone to show me one game we’ll lose this year
Round 1 v Cats - Albert, Selwood and Dangerfield to get 150 disposals and 10 goals betwern them.
Round 3 v North - It’s North
Round 9 v Carlton - they always drag us down to their standard
Round 11 v Bulldogs at Jihad - forget about it.

We have a soft start to our draw. Would want to be well ahead on the win/loss ratio by round 12 if we are going to do anything this year.

Round 1 v Cats - Albert, Selwood and Dangerfield to get 150 disposals and 10 goals betwern them.
Round 3 v North - It’s North
Round 9 v Carlton - they always drag us down to their standard
Round 11 v Bulldogs at Jihad - forget about it.

We have a soft start to our draw. Would want to be well ahead on the win/loss ratio by round 12 if we are going to do anything this year.

Did you miss us beating the Dogs there by 11 goals last year? Perhaps it doesn’t count because Watts and Tyson were both great that day.

What do we want to see?
For me it's the same thing as always when the Saints play.

Long-term injuries to their key players and a demoralising loss for their supporters.

As for the Dees: Bugg kicking 6, Gawn contesting the ruck with a durrie, no offensive Stringer-esque haircuts and Hogan playing half a game in the midfield.

Seriously though, I'd love to see Brayshaw best on ground.

Not really competing for the same spot though, Weid is 2nd/3rd tall and Fritsch is a HFF. Fritsch and Hannan is a better comparison, although I think we can play both.

Yeh I think both can play, Fritsch can seen as taking the spot Watts vacated.

And if that happens then it's Bugg who has to force someone out of the team, because he obviously did not play the last few rounds last year.

I guess the one question on Fritsch, which we don't really know the answer too yet, is his defensive work as a forward. Those who watched Casey last year would have a better idea obviously.

I guess the one question on Fritsch, which we don't really know the answer too yet, is his defensive work as a forward. Those who watched Casey last year would have a better idea obviously.

If he was taking up a trade as an electrician, fair to say he won't be interested in doing any dirty work.

Can't believe some of you let cannon bait you. Couldn't have picked 2 more players with opposing fortunes for his bit.
I think we were fine on a Saturday, but really would have benefited from tyson’s elite disposal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back