Game Day JLT1 v Norf - Kingston Twin Ovals, Hobart - Saturday

Remove this Banner Ad

Mate it's been when he's the last defender and instead of looking for a man he's been to focused on the play. Reckon he cost us 3 goals today because he lost Waite behind him
Need to be careful to use Lever the right way. We played him as a loose defender (7th or 8th). He is excellent in this role. When we had to play him on a third tall, he could get lost and confused. When we had to play him as a key defender a few times he had bags kicked on him. Was poor one on one.

Play him as an extra - he reads it well and has great hands. Was BOG in a few games for us with his intercept marking.

As an aside. Keeping Nathan Jones on the outside and using his vision and confidence to attack the corridor having not been battered in the midfield all day will really help our ball movement
Agree. He ball use will be very handy on the outside. Also a good kick for goal if he pushes forward. And we have some fantastic inside players to.

It was as if the Melbourne players up the field were all instructed to kick it to whoever was on Daw. At least 6 goals came from his inability to execute standard defensive practices. He shouldn't play AFL ever again. In fact, he should have been given the flick 3 years ago.
He’s athletic and a massive unit. But doesn’t seem to have the game sense and a lot of the time doesn’t seem to play with intensity.

He’s athletic and a massive unit. But doesn’t seem to have the game sense and a lot of the time doesn’t seem to play with intensity.

My mate and I had him responsible for 6 to 8 Melbourne goals yesterday.

His centre of gravity is so poor that a bull ant could knock him off balance, and he has the football brain of a garden snail.

Should have been delisted 3 years ago. If he plays a senior game this year then we are tanking.

It was as if the Melbourne players up the field were all instructed to kick it to whoever was on Daw. At least 6 goals came from his inability to execute standard defensive practices. He shouldn't play AFL ever again. In fact, he should have been given the flick 3 years ago.
I think the move to defence will be the last straw. Without blowing my own trumpet, I flagged it as a possibility months ago. It’s the logical progression when trying to find a place for someone who can’t read the play, let someone else take you to the ball. If this fails then that’s it for big Maj.

My mate and I had him responsible for 6 to 8 Melbourne goals yesterday.

His centre of gravity is so poor that a bull ant could knock him off balance, and he has the football brain of a garden snail.

Should have been delisted 3 years ago. If he plays a senior game this year then we are tanking.
Yeah he was responsible for about that amount of goals against I hate to say.

I think the move to defence will be the last straw. Without blowing my own trumpet, I flagged it as a possibility months ago. It’s the logical progression when trying to find a place for someone who can’t read the play, let someone else take you to the ball. If this fails then that’s it for big Maj.

My hunch is that we have only persisted with him on a cheap contract due to the Wyndham area and it's heavy sudanese population being in our academy zone, and for his work in "The Huddle" down at Arden Street. He has a poor centre of gravity that rules him out of standing man to man marking contests and he needs a 10 meter break to get up to decent speed. Something that's not easy to get these days. He has no natural footy instincts, and he can't play up the ground in more space because he has poor endurance. Opposition coaches have all worked out that if you impede his run at the ball, he becomes virtually useless. He's done.

Yeah I'm not gonna use the word scared or anything because he's a tough prick but he does look like a first year player again.

I blame Lewis and Salem as well, both of them walk into their chip kicks off a step when you need to gather momentum so both are prone to the odd underhit pass. Same as what Bray is doing. Nathan Jones is the only one on our list who can hit the one step kick perfectly and it's because he puts everything into it.
Melksham has a decent one-step kick as well

Melksham is a legend and needs to be immortalised with a statue
He is a strangely good fit for this team. No idea why I didn’t see it before

B281AB30-2C5A-41EE-AD2C-5815DC8A7F2B.jpeg

8E3E5569-A930-4E07-8315-ACD4DA84A320.jpeg

Levers defending has been pretty poor. I'll give him the grace that he is learning how we want to zone but he's been 20m from his opponent sometimes

Just some insight from an Adelaide supporter in Lever

Great intercept player and according to Champion Data is the #1 intercept defender in the Comp, Jake is also good at leaving his man and creating a 2:1 situation helping out his other defenders

However the knock on Jake is his 1:1 defending, when isolated 1:1 he can get exploded and I think Champion Data has him in the top 5% of defenders in losing 1:1 contest

At Adelaide Jake was fortunate to have players like Talia and Hartigan that we’re able to play the KPD shutdown roles that means that our structure could allow Jake to play to his strengths and not expose
His weaknesses, the MFC will need to do something similar because I can’t see him playing that KPD role

Good win yesterday and all the best for 2018

I wouldn’t worry about Brayshaw, he is a gun and will be lacking confidence, but he will come good I feel. Just needs 3 weeks or so without getting knocked out.

Do you think your mob is a little too top heavy with inside mids? Jones, Brayshaw, Oliver, Tyson, Viney and Lewis?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is a strangely good fit for this team. No idea why I didn’t see it before

View attachment 463312

View attachment 463313

You didn’t see it because at Essendon he was hopeless! when we signed I was confused as to why....and his first few games for us seemed to confirm my thoughts about him. Pure s**t

But I was completely wrong, his fantastic! his exciting and he never stops running and contesting. Now I owe a debt to him for speaking so much s**t
I guess I just don’t know footy lelelelelel

Do you think your mob is a little too top heavy with inside mids? Jones, Brayshaw, Oliver, Tyson, Viney and Lewis?
Potentially yes. But I think Brayshaw can play that outside role. He has great skills and is probably going to be safer spending more time outside. If Stretch and ANB come on then they can give that outside support. I’d like to see Hunt elevate his game to the wing if his kicking improves.

Lewis won’t play midfield and I expect will see VFL time next year, I also feel in two years time we will have traded one of Brayshaw/Tyson.

Hunt looks better when he lowers his eyes and goes for the shorter option.

His disposal improves with every game he plays I reckon, he stopped just bombing it ages ago.

Lewis won’t play midfield and I expect will see VFL time next year, I also feel in two years time we will have traded one of Brayshaw/Tyson.

His disposal improves with every game he plays I reckon, he stopped just bombing it ages ago.
If Tyson doesn’t improve this year and Gus keeps getting hurt then it could be on the cards, but we won’t be entering into any such discussions unless we are firmly (and I mean firmly) entrenched in the 8.

If Tyson doesn’t improve this year and Gus keeps getting hurt then it could be on the cards, but we won’t be entering into any such discussions unless we are firmly (and I mean firmly) entrenched in the 8.

We'll happily take either one of them off your hands for a reasonable price.:thumbsu:

Can I interest you in Majak Daw? He makes a brilliant calendar model?

What would you say is a fair price for either?

I doubt we could accommodate a draft pick trade. Our next couple of 1st round picks would be too high and our 2nd round picks would be bettered by someone else. We also have Kelly in the cross hairs again at the end of 2019, so that will be the overriding priority (2019 and 2020 1st round picks). It all depends on what the Dees would want in return for what will basically be a surplus player. If we could cough up pick 20-22 in 2019 and the Dees would be happy to let either player leave for better opportunities, then that would be a good deal for us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back