2018 VFL season

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks impressive from the street. Hope the Tigers kick on.

Big, well located pokies venue should ensure they're sweet. I know Franga's went bust, but the facility is literally tucked away in a quiet backstreet. Port's aren't doing too well, but Port is hardly a pokies demographic anymore. Willi's joint in Newport seems to do a roaring trade. As far as I'm aware they're the only clubs with pokies.

Funny how I started talking about this and the VFL goes and puts up the schedule a day later:

http://vfl.com.au/2018-practice-match-schedule/

Games that will be interesting to see the result of IMO:

Casey vs Willy
Casey vs Port
North vs Willy
Footscray vs Essendon

Those games have the main teams I see challenging next year, along with Richmond (who don't really have any major threats in their games).
So 3/4 games done and it makes interesting reading. North>Willy>Casey>Port from that viewing, but Footscray got pumped by an understrength Box Hill a few weeks ago. Box Hill are one of the favourites in the betting, something I didn't expect but their Praccy matches suggest they'll be good. North are excellent value at $34 on sportsbet.

Haha I swear someone high up at Essendon VFL must have run over someone high up in AFL Vic's dog or something. Twelve fixture amendments made and yet Essendon still have FIVE clashes with the senior side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hoping my old mate Leigh Adams does well for Coburg throughout the year.
I like his appointment, but we still have a very young list, hoping to see some exciting footy and avoidance of the spoon.

So another batch of results this weekend

Richmond defeat Preston comfortably
Collingwood managed to beat Box Hill
Essendon had a good win against an inexperienced Werribee
North beat a spirited Coburg by a comfortable margin
Willy smashed Sandringham
Frankston kicked very accurately to defeat a strong Port Melbourne side by 21
Geelong had 16 AFL listed players in their win over Footscray

So 3/4 games done and it makes interesting reading. North>Willy>Casey>Port from that viewing, but Footscray got pumped by an understrength Box Hill a few weeks ago. Box Hill are one of the favourites in the betting, something I didn't expect but their Praccy matches suggest they'll be good. North are excellent value at $34 on sportsbet.

Dont think the Dogs will be as strong as previously but for the Box Hill game very few if any AFL listed Dogs players played as the Club was in camp at Ballarat and Hamilton that weekend. Long injury list already at AFL level already wont help.

Any predictions for Sunday's season opener? For me Geelong are going to win by plenty. Werribee look very inexperienced. Porter, Hooper, Aylett, Munro, Hanson, Coughlan and Collins look to be vital for the Tigers.

So I see that the likes of the VAFA board run tipping each week, is anybody interested in doing similar for the VFL? I'll collate all the tips. If you miss a tip you get all the away sides. I'm pretty sure most people would have picked Geelong to win yesterday, so I'll give everyone who enters one pick. Just put your tips in for the upcoming week in this thread

Port Melbourne vs Richmond
Preston vs Collingwood
Frankston vs Essendon
Sandringham vs Footscray
Coburg vs Casey
Williamstown
vs Box Hill

Remove this Banner Ad

Back