MFC Fans Only Non-Dees AFL thread: 2018 Edition: Weighed in the balance, who will be found wanting?

Remove this Banner Ad

Eh i wouldn't read to much into Essendon's loss yesterday. As much as i want them to crash and not make the 8, two things. It's only preseason and Essendon had gastro going through the club in the leadup to their first game

Eh i wouldn't read to much into Essendon's loss yesterday. As much as i want them to crash and not make the 8, two things. It's only preseason and Essendon had gastro going through the club in the leadup to their first game
Just watching the replay now ... Stringer must have had the bug really bad, he's just casually jogging around spectating.

Just watching the replay now ... Stringer must have had the bug really bad, he's just casually jogging around spectating.
Pretty sure Stringer is in his own world of bad

Sympathetic as I am to sufferers of the squitters, gastro goes through their entire team??? All of them??? All 40???

What on earth are they doing over there? Sleeping with each other?

Sympathetic as I am to sufferers of the squitters, gastro goes through their entire team??? All of them??? All 40???

What on earth are they doing over there? Sleeping with each other?
NTTAWWT

Lol at everyone on this board who kept saying the Bombers were better than us last year just because they snuck into finals. Had an incredibly soft draw and beat three top 8 teams inc Port and WCE at Etihad. They’re a joke of a footy club

They finished above us because they had a better year, not sure why you’re debating this. We did beat one more top 8 side than them but to be fair they can’t play themselves, I think we will go past them this year but they still make finals. Eagles out and us in is the only top 8 change we will see imo. Dogs are the next best chance but no Morris + unknown forward output makes them hard to predict. Saints are too vanilla, Hawks past it and Pies are s**t at both ends of the ground with a midfield that runs one way.

They finished above us because they had a better year, not sure why you’re debating this. We did beat one more top 8 side than them but to be fair they can’t play themselves, I think we will go past them this year but they still make finals. Eagles out and us in is the only top 8 change we will see imo. Dogs are the next best chance but no Morris + unknown forward output makes them hard to predict. Saints are too vanilla, Hawks past it and Pies are s**t at both ends of the ground with a midfield that runs one way.
They finished top 8 because their points difference was +30 better than ours. Which, given how much softer their draw was, isn’t really a surprise. It was hardly indicative of them having a better year

They finished top 8 because their points difference was +30 better than ours. Which, given how much softer their draw was, isn’t really a surprise. It was hardly indicative of them having a better year

They finished above us, they had a better year. Draw argument doesn’t work when it was one of the most even years in recent memory, no game was easy.

They finished above us, they had a better year. Draw argument doesn’t work when it was one of the most even years in recent memory, no game was easy.
They barely beat Fremantle in R23 to make finals after the Dockers lost their previous two games by a combined margin of +200 points.

They barely beat Fremantle in R23 to make finals after the Dockers lost their previous two games by a combined margin of +200 points.
I’m with you. They have some very good players dotted about, but I can see them dropping out of the 8. They really miss a Jobe Watson at his best type player. It will be interesting to see what Woosha does with them. He is a premiership coach, but his flag came with a very very strong midfield. This current Bombers outfit is a different proposition

I'm still annoyed we didn't go for Adam Saad. Kid is a bloody gun

Rate him highly, but we put too much into Lever to trade another defender in. We’ve not really gone to the draft in recent years and needed to get some 18 year olds developing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m with you. They have some very good players dotted about, but I can see them dropping out of the 8. They really miss a Jobe Watson at his best type player. It will be interesting to see what Woosha does with them. He is a premiership coach, but his flag came with a very very strong midfield. This current Bombers outfit is a different proposition
I think yesterday showed what they are going to be. If their inferior inside mids can win enough ball to let their outside game take hold, they will look brilliant. If it can't (as it couldn't against the Tiges) they'll look really average. Yes, they didn't have Hooker or Hurley but I don't think those two are enough to change the above. The big miss was Zerrett for 75% of the game.

And Schache's heart isn't in it. Will be retired by 2021.

That seems really unfair. Give him a go in his home state before you write him off. He was good enough to sign that essentially null Lions contract to take the heat off the club.

He might end up no good, but you have to train pretty bloody hard to get to AFL level and even harder to keep up. Lucas Cook is a recent example.

The Melbourne: Adelaide Campus is in action right now, with Watts, Trengove and Barry all playing West Coast.

Barry kicked Port's first goal, Watts laid a nice chase down tackle, and Trenners just tried to kill a bloke barrelling into some blokes head.

The Melbourne: Adelaide Campus is in action right now, with Watts, Trengove and Barry all playing West Coast.

Barry kicked Port's first goal, Watts laid a nice chase down tackle, and Trenners just tried to kill a bloke barrelling into some blokes head.
Expect it wont take long for goody to be vindicated regarding watts

If Fritsch plays early and gets more than five touches in his debut, I'll call the trade a roaring success.

And re: the us better or Essendon better debate... we should have had a better year than them but didn't show up when the season was on the line. Consistency was a serious issue for us. Anyway, seems a pointless debate who had the better year when we flattered to deceive and they were pretty meh as well.

The narrative around him has been interesting ... he's gone from being an underwhelming, inconsistent early pick playing for us, to a damaging weapon all over the ground ,capable of delivering Port a premiership.

The narrative around him has been interesting ... he's gone from being an underwhelming, inconsistent early pick playing for us, to a damaging weapon all over the ground ,capable of delivering Port a premiership.

The media loved playing up the melbourne wasted a 1st draft pick story for years, and now they will play the melbourne traded away a superstar right when he came good card, but I don't think it's got much legs

The media loved playing up the melbourne wasted a 1st draft pick story for years, and now they will play the melbourne traded away a superstar right when he came good card, but I don't think it's got much legs
If this game is anything to go by it won't. I haven't watched it too closely, but he's been fairly underwhelming from what I've seen. He's used it well as usual, but hasn't gotten it much at all, and have seen him fumble a few times at costly moments which he did a fair bit last year.

As if to prove my point ... post game the commentators reviewed his 9 disposal, 1 goal (a cheap one over the back walking into the goal square) described his performance as "Workmanlike" ... I highly doubt they'd have been so complimentary if he were still playing for us.

As if to prove my point ... post game the commentators reviewed his 9 disposal, 1 goal (a cheap one over the back walking into the goal square) described his performance as "Workmanlike" ... I highly doubt they'd have been so complimentary if he were still playing for us.
No one more blue collar than Jack Watts

If this game is anything to go by it won't. I haven't watched it too closely, but he's been fairly underwhelming from what I've seen. He's used it well as usual, but hasn't gotten it much at all, and have seen him fumble a few times at costly moments which he did a fair bit last year.
Was a classic 'Jack Watts' moment in the 3rd where he fumbled the ball heading towards the forward 50, turned it over and followed it up with a half arsed tackle which was easily broken.

Barry was possibly their best player in the first half, was in everything

Remove this Banner Ad

Back