Society/Culture Rate the Australian Capital cities.

the best and the s**t

• Sydney

Votes: 10 12.5%
  • Melbourne

Votes: 48 60.0%
  • Perth

Votes: 18 22.5%
  • Brisbane

Votes: 8 10.0%
  • Adelaide

Votes: 15 18.8%
  • Darwin

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Hobart

Votes: 11 13.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

YEWNIT

Cultural Agitator Esq
Nov 22, 2017
Vic
AFL Club
West Coast
Fairly straight forward proposition, which is the greatest Australian city, and which is the worst.

Melbourne
0A31E581-E669-4959-B46F-3D988ECACF70.jpeg

Each has there pros and cons....Melbourne has culture and sport and architecture sewn up, but the delightful Apex scum are doing there best to turn the suburbs into mini Jo’burg by night. And Daniel Andrews is a rabid hard leftist and appears to loathe traditional Australian culture.

1E285E58-9398-4E35-813F-3E10C07CE03E.jpeg

Sydney
3C2DCB92-283E-457C-A2C5-B0F750D2DE92.jpeg

Sydney has the harbour, the opera house, the name....but it’s also an over priced, over policed and over regulated nanny state, unless you are a Lebanese organised crime figure, or ISIS sympathiser of Middle Eastern appearance. And all the women appear to be vacuous, fake tanned, fake breasted, imbeciles.

3DE8A3B3-9EE0-46C6-B866-A28FB1E23EF2.jpeg

Brisbane
5FAC3471-EB0D-42D5-9840-AAAE36A68EDF.jpeg
Brisbane is kind of well, ‘meh’.

Lots of bikies, roid head gym sleeve tatted junkies and meth heads apparently.

Only been once so find it hard to comment.

071F8B49-9F75-4D7F-8628-4797553DA8CF.jpeg

Perth
47A03754-2D75-4C74-A0D1-6B8FFB07EE74.jpeg
Perth is rapidly changing into a large city, has beautiful clean beaches, great climate, but unfortunately in addition to being grotesquely over priced, it’s city streets resembling a combination of a day on the set of a meth fuelled spin off of The Walking Dead, and it’s inner city parks and open spaces (as well as suburban low income hellholes like Armadale/Midland/Balga etc), a fruity Lexia fuelled pension day in Alice Springs.

38DBF736-3ABA-4A0B-AFE5-4A532824229D.jpeg

Adelaide
1C896BFF-2894-46CE-97C9-19748BFA6191.jpeg
Adelaide, strikes me as well planned, pretty, well ordered, if somewhat insulsr city, but with a seedy underbelly of child killers and well healed, rohypnol wielding, sado masochistic sexual deviants and dirt poor, bogan, fringe dwellers pushing around abandoned shopping trolleys whilst undertaking there latest ‘bumper run’.

833ED7C2-14A8-408E-BEFC-3225DAE31418.jpeg

But maybe that’s just my perception?

Hobart, and Darwin I can’t say I’ve been too.

Interested to hear the thoughts of others?

Last edited:

I struggle to count Hobart, Darwin and Adelaide as cites.
Seem like big country towns at most.
Sydney is a horrible city but love the harbour.
Brisbane is a bland, relaxed city.
Melbourne best city in world if you love sport.
Traffic in Melbourne is destroying what used to be a good thing.

Sydney is the best city I have lived in out of Sydney, Perth and Darwin at least in a social context.

Best to Worst.

Hobart
Adelaide
Perth
Melbourne
Darwin
Brisbane
Canberra
Sydney

But if I had to rate the states / territories as a whole, then best to worst would be.

Victoria
New South Wales
Tasmania
Queensland
ACT
Western Australia
South Australia
Northern Territory

Fairly straight forward proposition, which is the greatest Australian city, and which is the worst.

Melbourne
View attachment 463615

Each has there pros and cons....Melbourne has culture and sport and architecture sewn up, but the delightful Apex scum are doing there best to turn the suburbs into mini Jo’burg by night. And Daniel Andrews is a rabid hard leftist and appears to loathe traditional Australian culture.

View attachment 463625

Sydney
View attachment 463616

Sydney has the harbour, the opera house, the name....but it’s also an over priced, over policed and over regulated nanny state, unless you are a Lebanese organised crime figure, or ISIS sympathiser of Middle Eastern appearance. And all the women appear to be vacuous, fake tanned, fake breasted, imbeciles.

View attachment 463626

Brisbane
View attachment 463618
Brisbane is kind of well, ‘meh’.

Lots of bikies, roid head gym sleeve tatted junkies and meth heads apparently.

Only been once so find it hard to comment.

View attachment 463627

Perth
View attachment 463617
Perth is rapidly changing into a large city, has beautiful clean beaches, great climate, but unfortunately in addition to being grotesquely over priced, it’s city streets resembling a combination of a day on the set of a meth fuelled spin off of The Walking Dead, and it’s inner city parks and open spaces (as well as suburban low income hellholes like Armadale/Midland/Balga etc), a fruity Lexia fuelled pension day in Alice Springs.

View attachment 463628

Adelaide
View attachment 463624
Adelaide, strikes me as well planned, pretty, well ordered, if somewhat insulsr city, but with a seedy underbelly of child killers and well healed, rohypnol wielding, sado masochistic sexual deviants and dirt poor, bogan, fringe dwellers pushing around abandoned shopping trolleys whilst undertaking there latest ‘bumper run’.

View attachment 463632

But maybe that’s just my perception?

Hobart, and Darwin I can’t say I’ve been too.

Interested to hear the thoughts of others?

Sounds like the Australian Antarctic Research Station is the place you want to be. Doesn’t have any of the “issues” you pointed out above.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you can afford a house on the harbour and own a yacht, who cares if a bunch of bars in the city aren't open past 10pm.
me thats who and pretty much everyone else under the age of 40 who likes to have a good night. And i want access to big sporting events and I dont want to be surrounded by utter ugliness. If i had a yacht i certainly wouldnt be wasting my free time sitting on it in some polluted shark infested harbour. The only point of a yacht is to take it away from the cities.

me thats who and pretty much everyone else under the age of 40 who likes to have a good night. And i want access to big sporting events and I dont want to be surrounded by utter ugliness. If i had a yacht i certainly wouldnt be wasting my free time sitting on it in some polluted shark infested harbour. The only point of a yacht is to take it away from the cities.
Probably why you don't have a yacht.

What a mega-fail of a thread....Prefaced as it is upon ignorance & racism....And to top it all off, the O/P then flouts their own idiocy in making a complete hash of differentiating the poll.

Sydney is easily the worst & most Soulless, followed by Canberra.

All of Melbourne (Apart from the traffic) Perth & Hobart are great.

Adelaide & Darwin are fine, but I wouldn't want to live in either.

Adelaide seems to get whacked as lot for some reason. I have never minded the place.

They have even managed to evolve pass the once prevalent chip on the shoulder mentality much better, in comparison to Perth.

Adelaide seems to get whacked as lot for some reason. I have never minded the place.

They have even managed to evolve pass the once prevalent chip on the shoulder mentality much better, in comparison to Perth.

While they still have Tex Walker as Captain, then that chip ain't going anywhere.

Back