MFC Fans Only Non-Dees AFL thread: 2018 Edition: Weighed in the balance, who will be found wanting?

Remove this Banner Ad

As if to prove my point ... post game the commentators reviewed his 9 disposal, 1 goal (a cheap one over the back walking into the goal square) described his performance as "Workmanlike" ... I highly doubt they'd have been so complimentary if he were still playing for us.

I thought this would finish when he was traded.

Rate him highly, but we put too much into Lever to trade another defender in. We’ve not really gone to the draft in recent years and needed to get some 18 year olds developing.

Yeah we are/were lacking some young kids on the list to development. We almost had 40 blokes ready to play so I can see why we hit the draft but I reckon Saad is gonna explode this year. He's just as exciting as Hunt but people haven't seen it cause he played for GC

Sympathetic as I am to sufferers of the squitters, gastro goes through their entire team??? All of them??? All 40???

What on earth are they doing over there? Sleeping with each other?
Make no mistake PG. That wasn't gastro, that was Mark Neeld.

Probably wasn't all over it mate but I thought he was playing home games and avoiding travel essentially and there was a real suspicion he was put in cotton wool.
He injured his calf about 3 times mate.

They were perhaps more sensitive with making him travel at times, but that was because of his calf issues.

He injured his calf about 3 times mate.

They were perhaps more sensitive with making him travel at times, but that was because of his calf issues.

Ah the dreaded old man injury. I thought all calf nicks are a minimum 3-4 yet it seemed he was playing more often than that. Something was a bit fishy about it

Ah the dreaded old man injury. I thought all calf nicks are a minimum 3-4 yet it seemed he was playing more often than that. Something was a bit fishy about it
It could well have been a bit fishy - or, then again by all reports (well, Mark Thompson anyway) GAZ has always been noted for his refusal to play unless he regards his body as 100% right, so he could just have been asserting himself according to usual customs.

It depends on the severity. I've done one at training on a Monday, and been good to go come 2pm Saturday, albeit not quite 100%.

That said, a few situations certainly seemed a bit dodgy, tho he himself strikes me as a bit of an odd unit

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It'd want to be, because the skills from both teams are just awful.
I've just seen the score, please tell me the Aints are really that bad.

I've just seen the score, please tell me the Aints are really that bad.
Both teams look pretty bad ... but St Kilda looks horrendous. Obviously its JLT, but just so many basic skill errors, it's hard to decide what is making it harder to watch, the quality of the game, or the filtering Fox Footy has had to do to the footage to account for the poor lighting - because the lights are across the top of the grand stand, its causing some serious glare whenver they come into shot.

Didn't Port put in a stinker against the Saints in last years JLT? Yet made finals
Pretty sure that was Game 1 of 3 of the JLT for Port tho. They played their other two games in SA, so they phoned that game in big time.

Thank god thats over. Couple of the young recruits on display looked pretty good, but thats about the only thing of interest. Carlton looked alright in patches, but will be absolutely torn apart by a half decent team, which St Kilda looked a long way from being, with the only players of note missing being Billings and Bruce, it's only JLT, but geez I'd be worried if I were a Saints fan.

The Saints Game Thread is pretty entertaining, seems to be a 50-50 split of people who aren't concerned about JLT form, and people who realise this JLT is different from previous years, and both teams were pretty much full strength.
Exactly, it's only Billings and Bruce missing as you say. That side wouldn't be far from a best 22.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back