Harry Kane

Remove this Banner Ad

Salah is in that 6-10 bracket in the world right now, along with guys like Aguero, Lewandowski, Suarez etc. I think he will drop off next season though, similarly to Mane. Managers will figure him out. That’s why Hazard is the best in the PL. He has been unplayable for years. The only way to stop him is by fouling him and kicking the s**t out of him. If Salah copped the attention Eden does his output would be reduced considerably. Sides just don’t respect him enough yet.

As for Firmino, he’s a B grader. I have him on the same level as Morata, Lukaku, Aubameyang, etc. He’s below the truly elite but can lead a line for a big club. He’s having a good season, but I don’t think any other top six side would swap their striker for Firmino. Comparing Kane and Firmino is like comparing Dustin Martin with Ben Cunnington. One is elite, the other is very good, but the gap between them is significant.
I know you love Hazard mate but Salah right now is clearly better than Hazard. Seasons gone by mean jack s**t. What matters is right now and right now Salah is on another level compared to Hazard.

Salah is in that 6-10 bracket in the world right now, along with guys like Aguero, Lewandowski, Suarez etc. I think he will drop off next season though, similarly to Mane. Managers will figure him out. That’s why Hazard is the best in the PL. He has been unplayable for years. The only way to stop him is by fouling him and kicking the s**t out of him. If Salah copped the attention Eden does his output would be reduced considerably. Sides just don’t respect him enough yet.

As for Firmino, he’s a B grader. I have him on the same level as Morata, Lukaku, Aubameyang, etc. He’s below the truly elite but can lead a line for a big club. He’s having a good season, but I don’t think any other top six side would swap their striker for Firmino. Comparing Kane and Firmino is like comparing Dustin Martin with Ben Cunnington. One is elite, the other is very good, but the gap between them is significant.

Hazard is fickle tho, depends if he likes the manager whether he is world class. Probs why Real have been scared off.

But firmi doesn't just score goals he does the dirty work for salah to score.

That's the thing that a lot of non-LFC supporters don't understand/see with Firmino.

The pressing, the movement, the decision-making, the vision of the game, the touch, the perfect weight on the passing etc. And on top of all of that he still scores plenty of goals. He is a rare player.

Kane is a better pure goalscorer but Firmino is the Swiss (Brazilian) Army knife that is central to the way Liverpool play.

That's the thing that a lot of non-LFC supporters don't understand/see with Firmino.

The pressing, the movement, the decision-making, the vision of the game, the touch, the perfect weight on the passing etc. And on top of all of that he still scores plenty of goals. He is a rare player.

Kane is a better pure goalscorer but Firmino is the Swiss (Brazilian) Army knife that is central to the way Liverpool play.
He is in a similar mould of Henry in ways.

I know you love Hazard mate but Salah right now is clearly better than Hazard. Seasons gone by mean jack s**t. What matters is right now and right now Salah is on another level compared to Hazard.
Have you ever watched us play? Hazard carries our side. Salah scores more goals but Hazard does more over the pitch. Hazard already has the most MOTMs ever recorded in a PL season. He also averages a higher whoscored rating. He would have Salah covered in 90% of key statistics for a forward as well. He doesn’t score much, but neither did Ronaldinho. Hazard is a victim of his own high standards.

Seasons gone by are also relevant. Is Aspas a better player than Griezmann? Aspas has scored double the amount of goals Griezmann has.

I rate that analogy, and completely agree. Well put. It doesn't make Firmino any less good, he's just a step below the elite.

Anyone that seriously thinks Kane is just a 'goalscorer' hasn't watched him play. He's not the biggest, but his hold up play is incredible. He's not the fastest, but he gives any defender trouble in a foot race in behind. He doesn't have the best technique, but his touch under pressure is almost always perfect. He doesn't have the most graceful strike of the ball, but he can hit a team mates instep while he's in full stride from the other side of the pitch. He doesn't jump the highest, but his heading his powerful and accurate.

Every part of his game (aside from goalkeeping) is at least an 8/10, with his finishing, work rate, movement, and pure hunger all 10/10. He just doesn't have a weakness in his game.

On a football podcast I was listening the other day they were actually comparing him to the likes of De Bruyne, Coutinho, Firmino etc, guys who have such a natural flow to their movement, their touch, and the way they strike the ball. Almost like they were born with it. Kane, on the other hand, looks mechanical by comparison. He's no less effective, but you can tell that his technique isn't the sheer natural beauty of the others, but developed through hours and hours and hours of practice on the training ground.

People do realize that Firmino is a #10 playing as a striker, right? His goalscoring exploits despite playing out of his natural position are nothing to be sneezed at and his pressing/link up play are both elite. He isn't on Kane's level as a striker but calling him a B grader is ******* stupid.

Well said as usual, haven't seen you post on here for a while.

I think most people on here only watch motd highlights so don't really see the whole picture of a game.

Klopp has said many times firmi is out best player and the most underrated player in the world.
This is a team that's 2nd in the EPL and quarter finalists of UCL, yet they call him b grader lol.

He is clearly as you said not as good a finisher as Kane, but much better than Kane in everything else.

People do realize that Firmino is a #10 playing as a striker, right? His goalscoring exploits despite playing out of his natural position are nothing to be sneezed at and his pressing/link up play are both elite. He isn't on Kane's level as a striker but calling him a B grader is ******* stupid.
Well what is the level between A and B then, dipsh*t?

Have you ever watched us play? Hazard carries our side. Salah scores more goals but Hazard does more over the pitch. Hazard already has the most MOTMs ever recorded in a PL season. He also averages a higher whoscored rating. He would have Salah covered in 90% of key statistics for a forward as well. He doesn’t score much, but neither did Ronaldinho. Hazard is a victim of his own high standards.

Seasons gone by are also relevant. Is Aspas a better player than Griezmann? Aspas has scored double the amount of goals Griezmann has.
Oh well that settles it then. Hahaha. :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Salah has scored over 30 goals so far. When do you think other sides will start showing him respect? 40? 50? Goals
As for lumping firmino in the same group as morata, lukaku and auba, well that is just plain mean

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Liverpool fans are delusional enough to believe Firmino is better than Kane?

Colour me shocked. :rolleyes:

Well what is the level between A and B then, dipsh*t?
Something like A- or B+ ;)
Liverpool fans are delusional enough to believe Firmino is better than Kane?

Colour me shocked. :rolleyes:
To be air it’s pretty much 1 fan and she’s reknowned for trolling and/or making stupid comments.

Salah has scored over 30 goals so far. When do you think other sides will start showing him respect? 40? 50? Goals
As for lumping firmino in the same group as morata, lukaku and auba, well that is just plain mean

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
It could be a flash in the pan type season for Salah. Every chance he drops off next season considering he has never produced anything near this type of quality. It will be hard to maintain, especially after an off-season where managers have more of an opportunity to figure him out. Look at Mahrez for example. Never got back to the level he was at throughout Leicester’s title winning season. Even Mane has dropped off this season, so you should be familiar with how easy it is for a player to stagnate or regress. The world’s best consistently put together world class seasons. That’s why it is borderline insulting for Liverpool fans to compare Salah to Hazard. One has the runs on the board and has had an extremely decorated career, the other is having a great season, but that is all. I’m guessing you think Clayton Oliver is a better player than Scott Pendlebury, Nat Fyfe and Gary Ablett? Oliver arguably had the better season than all of them, so does your cherry picking of one small sample of form apply to AFL players as well?

Liverpool supporters love blowing their loads as soon as one of their players finds form. Lukaku has been one of the most prolific strikers in the PL for years. Aubameyang, well his goal scoring record speaks for itself. It’s funny that you Pool supporters get so fixated on goals scored for Salah but as soon as Firmino’s goal scoring record is brought up you all start referring to his other qualities. It’s quite humourous. Morata has struggled for continuity due to injury but he started off with a bang and was every bit as impressive as Firmino is now. He’ll also lead the line for Spain while Firmino plays second fiddle to a 20 year old tap in merchant.

I rate Liverpool’s front three but they have a lot to prove. Unfortunately once they’re completely proven they tend to move on.

Goal no.150 in his domestic club career and moves into 7th all time scorer for THFC with that winner.
Just imagine if he stopped missing sitters like he did last night. Has probably missed 10 very easy ones this season

It could be a flash in the pan type season for Salah. Every chance he drops off next season considering he has never produced anything near this type of quality. It will be hard to maintain, especially after an off-season where managers have more of an opportunity to figure him out. Look at Mahrez for example. Never got back to the level he was at throughout Leicester’s title winning season. Even Mane has dropped off this season, so you should be familiar with how easy it is for a player to stagnate or regress. The world’s best consistently put together world class seasons. That’s why it is borderline insulting for Liverpool fans to compare Salah to Hazard. One has the runs on the board and has had an extremely decorated career, the other is having a great season, but that is all. I’m guessing you think Clayton Oliver is a better player than Scott Pendlebury, Nat Fyfe and Gary Ablett? Oliver arguably had the better season than all of them, so does your cherry picking of one small sample of form apply to AFL players as well?

Liverpool supporters love blowing their loads as soon as one of their players finds form. Lukaku has been one of the most prolific strikers in the PL for years. Aubameyang, well his goal scoring record speaks for itself. It’s funny that you Pool supporters get so fixated on goals scored for Salah but as soon as Firmino’s goal scoring record is brought up you all start referring to his other qualities. It’s quite humourous. Morata has struggled for continuity due to injury but he started off with a bang and was every bit as impressive as Firmino is now. He’ll also lead the line for Spain while Firmino plays second fiddle to a 20 year old tap in merchant.

I rate Liverpool’s front three but they have a lot to prove. Unfortunately once they’re completely proven they tend to move on.
Overreactions such as this is the problem.

One is stating his opinion. The other is playing the man.
Not hard to see who’s right here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back