Harry Kane

Remove this Banner Ad

Morgan is a full *******.

I do also find it funny with all this Liverpool goo about their players, they’re still behind United in the league who apparently have donkeys like Lukaku, Pogba, Martial, Lingard etc.

It could be a flash in the pan type season for Salah. Every chance he drops off next season considering he has never produced anything near this type of quality. It will be hard to maintain, especially after an off-season where managers have more of an opportunity to figure him out. Look at Mahrez for example. Never got back to the level he was at throughout Leicester’s title winning season. Even Mane has dropped off this season, so you should be familiar with how easy it is for a player to stagnate or regress. The world’s best consistently put together world class seasons. That’s why it is borderline insulting for Liverpool fans to compare Salah to Hazard. One has the runs on the board and has had an extremely decorated career, the other is having a great season, but that is all. I’m guessing you think Clayton Oliver is a better player than Scott Pendlebury, Nat Fyfe and Gary Ablett? Oliver arguably had the better season than all of them, so does your cherry picking of one small sample of form apply to AFL players as well?

Liverpool supporters love blowing their loads as soon as one of their players finds form. Lukaku has been one of the most prolific strikers in the PL for years. Aubameyang, well his goal scoring record speaks for itself. It’s funny that you Pool supporters get so fixated on goals scored for Salah but as soon as Firmino’s goal scoring record is brought up you all start referring to his other qualities. It’s quite humourous. Morata has struggled for continuity due to injury but he started off with a bang and was every bit as impressive as Firmino is now. He’ll also lead the line for Spain while Firmino plays second fiddle to a 20 year old tap in merchant.

I rate Liverpool’s front three but they have a lot to prove. Unfortunately once they’re completely proven they tend to move on.
Yep. Every chance that Salah is the Egyptian Michu.

Old Piersy has a short memory

Henry left Arsenal in 2007, since then I'd say the likes of Ronaldo, Bale, Suarez, De Bruyne, Hazard, Toure, Aguero, Van Persie and Kane have been between Henry and Salah level of performance across a season or more and you could make a case for say Costa, Vardy, Mahrez and Payet too for a season or so.

Henry left Arsenal in 2007, since then I'd say the likes of Ronaldo, Bale, Suarez, De Bruyne, Hazard, Toure, Aguero, Van Persie and Kane have been between Henry and Salah level of performance across a season or more and you could make a case for say Costa, Vardy, Mahrez and Payet too for a season or so.

You've gone too far the other way now. Payet lol.

Could throw Gerrard and Torres in there too. Lamps as well.

I think piers should know as he would’ve seen so much of Henry. GN is a manc twat who hates Liverpool.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Oh mate drop the woe is me attitude. It's become tiresome. You'll find Neville is very balanced, and along with Faith, you seem to be the only one who agrees with Piers. Congratulations.

Salah has had a great year, and might keep going at that rate but we don’t know yet. Kane has been at this level for years now.

On Piers idiotic statement, as good as Salah has been this year, he isn’t even favourite to win player of the year, let alone player of the last decade.

Salah has had a great year, and might keep going at that rate but we don’t know yet. Kane has been at this level for years now.

On Piers idiotic statement, as good as Salah has been this year, he isn’t even favourite to win player of the year, let alone player of the last decade.
If Salah isnt the favourite though, Im not sure who is. KDB has tapered off a bit and Kane has maybe one more goal and is an out and out striker.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Salah isnt the favourite though, Im not sure who is. KDB has tapered off a bit and Kane has maybe one more goal and is an out and out striker.
De Bruyne is $1.25 with the bookies and rightfully so. He’s been unstoppable and led a team to the title. Salah has been great, but not as good as KDB

It could be a flash in the pan type season for Salah. Every chance he drops off next season considering he has never produced anything near this type of quality. It will be hard to maintain, especially after an off-season where managers have more of an opportunity to figure him out. Look at Mahrez for example. Never got back to the level he was at throughout Leicester’s title winning season. Even Mane has dropped off this season, so you should be familiar with how easy it is for a player to stagnate or regress. The world’s best consistently put together world class seasons. That’s why it is borderline insulting for Liverpool fans to compare Salah to Hazard. One has the runs on the board and has had an extremely decorated career, the other is having a great season, but that is all. I’m guessing you think Clayton Oliver is a better player than Scott Pendlebury, Nat Fyfe and Gary Ablett? Oliver arguably had the better season than all of them, so does your cherry picking of one small sample of form apply to AFL players as well?

Liverpool supporters love blowing their loads as soon as one of their players finds form. Lukaku has been one of the most prolific strikers in the PL for years. Aubameyang, well his goal scoring record speaks for itself. It’s funny that you Pool supporters get so fixated on goals scored for Salah but as soon as Firmino’s goal scoring record is brought up you all start referring to his other qualities. It’s quite humourous. Morata has struggled for continuity due to injury but he started off with a bang and was every bit as impressive as Firmino is now. He’ll also lead the line for Spain while Firmino plays second fiddle to a 20 year old tap in merchant.

I rate Liverpool’s front three but they have a lot to prove. Unfortunately once they’re completely proven they tend to move on.
He may very well drop off or he might not. It doesnt seem like a flash in the pan, he's quite obviously a hugely talented footballer. I cant see him completely dropping off. Michu was a flash in the pan and scored how many goals? 15? Salah could get 40+ this season. That's more than a flash in the pan.

Mahrez never had the same kind of season goals wise Salah is having and I'm not sure about this myth that is going around BF that Mane is having a down season or has regressed. He's scored more goals than he did last season and it's still February. It just seems like he has regressed because Salah and Firmino are having great seasons.

Also what's wrong with Firmino's goal scoring record? He's banging them in and it just so happens that he has a ton of other strings to his bow too.

Didn’t KDB get like 3 assists against Leicester last week?
7 goals and 14 assists for KDB for a total of 21.
23 goals and 8 assists for Salah for a total of 31.

KDB has been sensational but Salah is certainly in with a shout. But City winning the League Cup and the League as a minimum will ensure he wins it.

7 goals and 14 assists for KDB for a total of 21.
23 goals and 8 assists for Salah for a total of 31.

KDB has been sensational but Salah is certainly in with a shout. But City winning the League Cup and the League as a minimum will ensure he wins it.

What a ridiculously simplistic argument. Goals + Assists - football is so easy when everything is measurable against a statistic. De Bruyne influences a game like no other in the league and influence needs to be seen.

He may very well drop off or he might not. It doesnt seem like a flash in the pan, he's quite obviously a hugely talented footballer. I cant see him completely dropping off. Michu was a flash in the pan and scored how many goals? 15? Salah could get 40+ this season. That's more than a flash in the pan.

Mahrez never had the same kind of season goals wise Salah is having and I'm not sure about this myth that is going around BF that Mane is having a down season or has regressed. He's scored more goals than he did last season and it's still February. It just seems like he has regressed because Salah and Firmino are having great seasons.

Also what's wrong with Firmino's goal scoring record? He's banging them in and it just so happens that he has a ton of other strings to his bow too.
Come on Jod. Mane was much better last season. He has been a lot more selfish and less clinical this season. There have even been widespread calls for him to be dropped. Last season he set the PL alight and was named in the PFA TOTY. No one in their right mind would have him anywhere near the TOTY based on this season’s form. He has regressed. Don’t get me wrong, he’s still a very good player, but my point is that such good form is hard to replicate and it is what separates the men from the boys. I would just like to see Salah back it up once before we go making outrageous statements.

In the league Firmino has the same number as goals as Vardy and Lukaku and only three more than Wayne Rooney and Glenn Murray (whoever that is). He’s eleven behind the top scorer, Kane. He’s not exactly prolific. I’m sure he has beaten up on some no name sides in Europe or lower leagues sides in Cup games but his league goal scoring record is less than impressive for a striker who is supposedly the second best in the competition. Also, I am referring to his league record as it is a fair and consistent indicator as every team plays each other twice. For example, not everyone gets the pleasure of playing Porto in the round of 16 ;)

I also think you’re underselling Mahrez’s 15/16 season. He ended up with 17 goals and 11 assists in a side that sat back and would’ve created less than half the chances your mob does and with less the attacking talent around him. Remember, he was being fed by Danny Drinkwater, that bloke you’re shitting on in another thread. Credit where it’s due. Mahrez was electric when Leicester won the title.

Benjamin Franklin for POTY?
giphy.gif

Not sure what Hawkeye has to do with it but ok ;)

Yep. Every chance that Salah is the Egyptian Michu.

Get stuffed he was a beast in Italy for 2-3 years before joining Liverpool. Everyone who watches Italian football knew he was going to bitch it for Liverpool, especially under Klopp. The only reason he wasn't banging in the goals for Roma like he is now was because Spalletti had him spoon-feeding Dzeko and even then he was scoring a goal every second game. This "one season wonder" bullshit is annoying considering he's already done it at every club he's played at bar Chelsea.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back