Draft Profile Early reports on new draftees...

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure if you've noticed, but this is a thread asking for reports on the new draftees, so guess what, I saw a report and I shared it.

I haven't mentioned Clavarino or Paton or Langlands, and talked them up anywhere, I was sceptical of Long last year and don't remember having ever spoken about Phillips- let alone relentlessly talked him up- and so-on, so whoever the hell you are (I don't remember anything you've ever said, so you're obviously very unmemorable), how about you just please crawl back under whichever rock it is you've come out from to have that pathetic whinge.

Your posts in this thread have contributed basically nothing but crap.
Awesome savagery

Reckon he could become a forward/second ruck whilst learning under Ryder?

From what I saw last year I thought he'd be a couple of years away from that point.

Haven't seen him at all this preseason to change that, but apparently did do well in the scratch match.

Loved the look of Sam Hayes, in the trial game held his own against Paddy Ryder, will take time to develop so need to be patient. Will fill a massive need for us.

Well, that's not too bad a start.

Since we started talking about not picking up ruck-men early in the draft haven't things shot out, although CCJ was picked up at #20

Hayes at #47 still seems a little odd to me. We'll see.

Well, that's not too bad a start.

Since we started talking about not picking up ruck-men early in the draft haven't things shot out, although CCJ was picked up at #20

Hayes at #47 still seems a little odd to me. We'll see.
CCJ is being groomed as forward/2nd ruck than a pure ruckman.

Has been clunking his marks at training and at times looks exciting, but needs a couple of years to put on some size as he just gets outbodied by our bigger defenders.

Won’t see him in the seniors for a couple of years I wouldn’t think.

Loved the look of Sam Hayes, in the trial game held his own against Paddy Ryder, will take time to develop so need to be patient. Will fill a massive need for us.

I reckon Hayes be seen in time as a Massive Steal by Port

He's an absolute steal! He reminds me of a smaller Tim Membrey.
Have liked what I've seen from him in the AFLX and the first JLT game. Craig Jennings who coached our AFLX team and is the game analyst at the club mentioned that if Fritsch was on our list last year he would've played some games for our senior side. Reckon he could have a similar impact like Hannan (another mature-aged medium forward) last year when he played most of the season and showed his ability at ground level and in the air.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Worpel & Moore for the Hawks will be up there aswell IMO

Can but I did not rate them as 1st Rounders.

Bit Like Collingwood saying Nathan Murphy was a Steal at Pick #39

LDU signed on for an additional 2 years.

That is the Thing Teams seem to be doing Now. Trying to add 2 Years more to Top Pick Contracts.?

Collingwood are in Discussion with Stephenson to add another 2 years to his Contract

That is the Thing Teams seem to be doing Now. Trying to add 2 Years more to Top Pick Contracts.?

Collingwood are in Discussion with Stephenson to add another 2 years to his Contract
Get them signed up cheap when they still feel like they've got to prove themselves a team player. Clever by the clubs but the managers shouldnt be letting it happen.

This is what Lindsay Gilbee was quoted as saying in response to a question on Coffield and Clark in a recent podcast on the St Kilda website:

"Super excited. I've been in footy a fair while and these two kids are as special as I've seen. Hunter's ability to get the ball to his team mates, and really think for his team mates, by putting the ball in the position where they need to receive it. He's very good left and right foot. Really slows the game down for everyone. He's quite special. And Nick, you can't split them, I believe, on how good they can be. They obviously got to have the want and the drive and the will and the work ethic to get to where they want to get to. But Nick's special. He's got some real take off pace. Uses the ball well. I like him, in that he backs his ability, takes the game on, and uses the ball really well."

Fair sort of wrap, given all the talent he would have seen over the journey. Armitage also described Clark's hands in close as being "Bont-like" during the telecast of one of our X games the other night.
This is the same Lindsay Gilbee that bought an apartment and proceeded to move in to one on a different floor by accident, right? Not sure I can trust his word... :D

This is what Lindsay Gilbee was quoted as saying in response to a question on Coffield and Clark in a recent podcast on the St Kilda website:

"Super excited. I've been in footy a fair while and these two kids are as special as I've seen. Hunter's ability to get the ball to his team mates, and really think for his team mates, by putting the ball in the position where they need to receive it. He's very good left and right foot. Really slows the game down for everyone. He's quite special. And Nick, you can't split them, I believe, on how good they can be. They obviously got to have the want and the drive and the will and the work ethic to get to where they want to get to. But Nick's special. He's got some real take off pace. Uses the ball well. I like him, in that he backs his ability, takes the game on, and uses the ball really well."

Fair sort of wrap, given all the talent he would have seen over the journey. Armitage also described Clark's hands in close as being "Bont-like" during the telecast of one of our X games the other night.
They looked the goods and whilst they might not change the fortunes of the Saints by too much this year they look the type of high end talents that will take the team back to the top. Coffield might transition to midfield in the future or play midfield and fold back, he has backline general written all over him. Clark has special midfielder ability. Very early days but I think they are the very good and very complete players the Saints rebuild was needing and will take the pressure off Paddy, Gresham and Billings.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back