Can Richmond go back to back? # Did overconfidence cost them against Collingwood #

Did overconfidence cost Richmond the win against Collingwood?

• yes

Votes: 75 61.5%
  • no

Votes: 47 38.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
It's a huge ask. Not many teams replicate a triumph the previous year. But now that the Tigers have broken through they have enormous self belief and an almighty elephant off their back. They have a good spine and aBrownlow medallist who won everything in sight last year. Houli, Riewoldt, Cotchin and Rance play in important positions and lead accordingly. All are elite players of the game and are led by a coach who is as mentally tough and resilient as they come. They know what it takes to triumph in September and push through adversity.

Can the boys from Punt Road defend their title? Or will they flop and have a hang over like the hawks in 2009 missing the finals?

Will Richmond go b2b?

Last edited:

Odds are against them but without a genuine gun team in the wings they are a chance. As good a chance as GWS, Sydney, Geelong, Adelaide at least. Whoever is playing the best in September will win. Injuries will play a part too.

I think its a very good chance game stacks up and the players no what there role is no one isnt sure what is expected of them i see them a very good chance... will def be a feature in setemper they will not miss the 8

I'd be surprised if they're not up about again this year. Every season brings new challenges, but they have a good balance of A-graders and developing players who can go up a notch.

Edit: Another way to look things is to ask the question differently. Are there other sides which are more likely than Richmond to win the premiership this year? Probably not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I doubt they will miss the finals since they've got a settled defence, last two teams to have missed the 8 after a flag both lost important key defenders to injury and trades. Also they have an experienced core group of players, that being said it will be a big ask to go back to back and I'd have them around 4th at this stage barring injuries of course.

a lengthy injury to one of martin, cotchin or rance - and no way.

Same can be said for just about any club in the competition if one of their irreplaceable players goes down.
Stupid statement.
We've got a quality side but it will be extremely difficult to go back to back.
Sydney is my tip this year.

As always, same as already said. If the players stay fit and play with passion and discipline - yep they can win again.

As can about 5 other sides. Good even year by the look of it. No dominant side - as yet anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back