MFC Fans Only Non-Dees AFL thread: 2018 Edition: Weighed in the balance, who will be found wanting?

Remove this Banner Ad

The Saints Game Thread is pretty entertaining, seems to be a 50-50 split of people who aren't concerned about JLT form, and people who realise this JLT is different from previous years, and both teams were pretty much full strength.
I remember when this board self destructed after losing to the top ups in NAB Challenge
Thank god thats over. Couple of the young recruits on display looked pretty good, but thats about the only thing of interest. Carlton looked alright in patches, but will be absolutely torn apart by a half decent team, which St Kilda looked a long way from being, with the only players of note missing being Billings and Bruce, it's only JLT, but geez I'd be worried if I were a Saints fan.
Not to worried about Billings, but wtf happened to Bruce? He looked to have so much upside. Looked good in his first year with the Saints, but he's gone backwards. That vision of him hitting the post from less than 10 meters out sums up his season last year, in all honesty

I remember when this board self destructed after losing to the top ups in NAB Challenge

Yeah but then we lost to them in the real thing and our self-destruction was justified.

Also, i still remember that Saint fan last year who came on here after they Almost beat Sydney in a JLT Game and warned us to look out in round 1. Still gives me the lolz

Yeah but then we lost to them in the real thing and our self-destruction was justified.
Correct, i like to think of 2016 as the curtain falling on the s**t era. As good as some things where that year, losing to top ups in Round 2, than pissing away finals in front of Carlton and then to send Roosy on his way with his worst loss as a coach.

Although i guess last years heartbreak most would make a strong case for, but i like to think of it as a new dawn. As painful as it is

Correct, i like to think of 2016 as the curtain falling on the s**t era. As good as some things where that year, losing to top ups in Round 2, than pissing away finals in front of Carlton and then to send Roosy on his way with his worst loss as a coach.

Although i guess last years heartbreak most would make a strong case for, but i like to think of it as a new dawn. As painful as it is

Losing to North twice, Hawks when they were crap and Freo at the G when they were crap all little nods to the shitness of the club.

Losing to North twice, Hawks when they were crap and Freo at the G when they were crap all little nods to the shitness of the club.
I don’t know how we would cope without your naturally upbeat nature

In 06 we lost to the wooden spooners twice

Everyone loses to bottom teams at some point during the season, but we still do it way to often. Losing one of those would have been OK, two acceptable, but anymore is s**t.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon pies will be bottom 4 with brisbane and Carlton to surpass them
I'm tempted to get on them for the spoon after that. Forward line total trash, no depth whatsoever, back line not much better.

I'm tempted to get on them for the spoon after that. Forward line total trash, no depth whatsoever, back line not much better.
They were missing a lot of players to be fair, but how many of them will they have round 1 and into the season, and how much do they fix that trash when they’re back? Elliott, Fasolo and Wells are injured more than they’re fit, and I wouldn’t be shocked if we’d seen the last of Wells. If Treloar isn’t running inside 50 and having a shot he’s probably turning it over, Howe can intercept well, and hit targets when he feels like it, but can’t defend. Moore is being thrown to the wolves to learn how to be a defender in this team, that’s doomed to fail hard

I know the games mean nothing but if we lost to St Kilda next week I’d be a touch concerned, we looked about 10 goals better than them when you compare the games.
Absolutely agree. Even if StKilda and Collingwood are just cruising in 2nd gear, I much prefer our philosophy of trying to win every game we play in, the old “train like you play” and all that.

This disgustingly s**t pies team brings back alot of anger
This X2. Disgusting we lost to them with so much on the line and some of their best players out. Still fuming. Especially when I see how ordinary Collingwood looked tonight. Buckley to be gone by end of season..

They were missing a lot of players to be fair, but how many of them will they have round 1 and into the season, and how much do they fix that trash when they’re back? Elliott, Fasolo and Wells are injured more than they’re fit, and I wouldn’t be shocked if we’d seen the last of Wells. If Treloar isn’t running inside 50 and having a shot he’s probably turning it over, Howe can intercept well, and hit targets when he feels like it, but can’t defend. Moore is being thrown to the wolves to learn how to be a defender in this team, that’s doomed to fail hard
Its a fair point, but look at their 22.

B: Howe Dunn Goldsack
HB: Crisp Moore Scharenberg
C: Wells Pendlebury Varcoe
HF: Elliott Reid Fasolo
F: Daicos? Cox WHE
R: Grundy Treloar Sidebottom
Int: Blair Maynard Adams Greenwood

Yes, the inside brigade rocks. But those KPP stocks are average, and there's nothing behind them.

Reckon pies will be bottom 4 with brisbane and Carlton to surpass them

I hate Carlton and their filthy supporters after last year more than anything but I admire their list build. Stack it with KPP talent then attack the midfield. They'll win a few this year

Its a fair point, but look at their 22.

B: Howe Dunn Goldsack
HB: Crisp Moore Scharenberg
C: Wells Pendlebury Varcoe
HF: Elliott Reid Fasolo
F: Daicos? Cox WHE
R: Grundy Treloar Sidebottom
Int: Blair Maynard Adams Greenwood

Yes, the inside brigade rocks. But those KPP stocks are average, and there's nothing behind them.
I can't believe Cox is firmly a part of their best 22. It's like if Jack Fitzpatrick was your main full forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back