MFC Fans Only 2017/2018 Summer sports talk

Remove this Banner Ad

A QC bought a house across the road from one of the home grounds of the club I used to play for in Sydney and had a local rule brought in that if a ball was hit over the (large baseball style) fence, it was a dot ball instead of 6. That fence went from about mid on to square leg on one side of the ground. I've seen a guy get 98 with two "dot balls" and numerous players get out because instead of tanking one out of the park, they tried to ease the ball into the fence and got caught by the man on it.

At our other home ground, a resident had a similar style fence put up on the part of the field right in front of their backyard because Big Dicky Cheeks smoked 4 or 5 maximums off onto their property one quiet Saturday.
What a preposterous rule. In a way that 98 has more character than a century & is a good talking point.
You played with Chee Quee? He was one of my favourites watching the Mercantile Mutual Cup in the 90's.

Holy crap! i just learnt there was a Twenty20 game yesterday.

I did not see one promo or ad for it, or any posting on social media from CA. Literally nothing was said or noticed

Holy crap! i just learnt there was a Twenty20 game yesterday.

I did not see one promo or ad for it, or any posting on social media from CA. Literally nothing was said or noticed
The only reason I knew it was on was when I accidentally turned on Ch9 instead of Fox8 about 10mins prior to start and saw it coming up next. Was a pretty good game in the end, solid collapse from the Poms when it looked like they were going to put on about 200, and Maxwell's innings was entertaining.

What a preposterous rule. In a way that 98 has more character than a century & is a good talking point.
You played with Chee Quee? He was one of my favourites watching the Mercantile Mutual Cup in the 90's.

No, he was playing for the other mob, and I was playing several grades lower. Nice bloke - our main ground has hosted a few GFs and the like and he's hung around afterwards helping us clean up and the like.

No, he was playing for the other mob, and I was playing several grades lower. Nice bloke - our main ground has hosted a few GFs and the like and he's hung around afterwards helping us clean up and the like.
Wow an opposition player helping clean up at an away game. At my club the home team doesn't clean up after themselves!

Wow an opposition player helping clean up at an away game. At my club the home team doesn't clean up after themselves!

Yeah, that's generally the case. His side had won as well, so normally its smash over a quantity of beers and get out and about, but he was quite helpful. Apparently also not shy about busting the guitar out at any given opportunity and reliving 6 and Outs greatest hit(s).

Not a summer sport, but it's on at the moment. The Winter olympics. We all know it's not quite as good as the summer, but still a big event and all the competitors are truly deserving of the medals they win (Looking at you Cam McEvoy)

So what i'm leading into here, is much like anything they do on their network channel 7 is covering it half assed. I enjoy watching it, But unlike the AusOpen it's relegated to one channel. AusOpen has 7, 72, and sometimes brought 7mate in for channel changes. Winter Olympics are relegated to the Main Channel, which is kinda good, because it's on the main but the scope is smaller. If the one saving grace was that it's on the main channel, it gets moved to 7mate at 5pm to make way for the chase Australia and the 6pm news. In what universe does THE OLYMPICS give way to a game show. If i lived in the US i could understand maybe giving way to wheel of fortune because Americans only give a s**t about their own sports they can crown themselves world champs at. FFS i'm still peeved that our ANZAC day eve game got moved for the "drama bitch fight with occasional cooking show". If you're gonna say we've got the most comprehensive coverage of the olympics back it up! as your slogan may as well be "we've got the only coverage of the olympics so deal with it", same goes for "we love the footy"

If you can't be bothered reading, here's the summary. * channel 7

Not a summer sport, but it's on at the moment. The Winter olympics. We all know it's not quite as good as the summer, but still a big event and all the competitors are truly deserving of the medals they win (Looking at you Cam McEvoy)

So what i'm leading into here, is much like anything they do on their network channel 7 is covering it half assed. I enjoy watching it, But unlike the AusOpen it's relegated to one channel. AusOpen has 7, 72, and sometimes brought 7mate in for channel changes. Winter Olympics are relegated to the Main Channel, which is kinda good, because it's on the main but the scope is smaller. If the one saving grace was that it's on the main channel, it gets moved to 7mate at 5pm to make way for the chase Australia and the 6pm news. In what universe does THE OLYMPICS give way to a game show. If i lived in the US i could understand maybe giving way to wheel of fortune because Americans only give a s**t about their own sports they can crown themselves world champs at. FFS i'm still peeved that our ANZAC day eve game got moved for the "drama bitch fight with occasional cooking show". If you're gonna say we've got the most comprehensive coverage of the olympics back it up! as your slogan may as well be "we've got the only coverage of the olympics so deal with it", same goes for "we love the footy"

If you can't be bothered reading, here's the summary. **** channel 7
Once you get past the ads, the App is a ripper, solves all the issues Ch7's coverage.

RSA vs Aus test series starts tonight

Aus 2-43

Smith/warner vs the RSA bowling attack should be good viewing

Glad they gave Bancroft ANOTHER chance ... :rolleyes:

To be fair, he's not even close to that run of form Tubby Taylor went through way back when in the 90s. Don't like Bancroft's chances of peeling off 300* though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon Tubby might've done a bit more to earn his stay or execution.

Bancroft is quickly heading towards reaching Marsh levels of unjustified trust.

True. It was barely related but my mind wandered off to other struggling openers and for some reason that popped up.

They'll probably drop Bancroft and bring Handscomb in. Rotate the two every other test.

Nothing annoys me more than batsman going out before lunch/dinner break

True. It was barely related but my mind wandered off to other struggling openers and for some reason that popped up.

They'll probably drop Bancroft and bring Handscomb in. Rotate the two every other test.
Get Renshaw on the redeye ffs. Was ordinary leading up to the Ashes, but has been in great form since the Shield season has restarted.

Get Renshaw on the redeye ffs. Was ordinary leading up to the Ashes, but has been in great form since the Shield season has restarted.

Will probably never play for Australia again.

How old are Shaun Marsh's kids?

Had almost forgotten there was a Test match on. One wicket needed to go one up, although I would love to see de Kock peel off a double century and win it for the filthy Boks.

Interesting thing I noted was that with one wicket to take in the 4th innings, in the entire match so far there has been one no ball (Starc) and no wides. With Morne Morkel playing. Clayton Oliver's unprecedented?

Had almost forgotten there was a Test match on. One wicket needed to go one up, although I would love to see de Kock peel off a double century and win it for the filthy Boks.

Interesting thing I noted was that with one wicket to take in the 4th innings, in the entire match so far there has been one no ball (Starc) and no wides. With Morne Morkel playing. Clayton Oliver's unprecedented?

I really can’t stand David Warner at all. When De Kock and Markram got going I found myself actually hoping they would knock of the runs and get the win just to see the reaction from Warner and a few others.

I really can’t stand David Warner at all. When De Kock and Markram got going I found myself actually hoping they would knock of the runs and get the win just to see the reaction from Warner and a few others.
Nathan Lyon piffing a ball at a prone batsmen wasn't really endearing either I thought. Then Warner getting stuck into a 5-gamer.

The Australian side really is filled with completely unlikeable douches. But that's pretty much a requirement I guess.

Nathan Lyon piffing a ball at a prone batsmen wasn't really endearing either I thought. Then Warner getting stuck into a 5-gamer.

The Australian side really is filled with completely unlikeable douches. But that's pretty much a requirement I guess.

But sledging a bloke about his mrs is ok?

The Aussies are a bunch of karmichaels hence why we’ve always been one of the best sides in the world. If sides come hard at us we don’t sook we just go go harder.

If warner sledged de kock about his partner I’m sure he would still be the bad guy.

If sides come hard at us we don’t sook we just go go harder.
Is 'going harder' what you call Warner's actions yesterday? He's an utter embarrassment.

Is 'going harder' what you call Warner's actions yesterday? He's an utter embarrassment.

His actions on or off the field?

Where is de kock being held accountable for he has said?

When I say go harder I mean in terms of sledging, not carrying on like a brat. Aussies are good at sledging unlike any other country IMO. When sides or players fight back the Aussies will target that player. Just like kohli has done in the past.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back