List Mgmt. 2018 List Management: Contracts, Trading, Drafting, Academy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
What are peoples thoughts on the OOC players and their options.
Fairly similar thoughts:
  • Davis & Greene the priorities, & 2-3 year extensions would be minimum, prefer slightly longer for Toby
  • Cumming surely a priority with Wilson having left, 2 years early in the year hopefully
  • Agree with Griffen & Mohr as retirees - although would be happy to take Mohr back as a rookie for another year or two to on-field coach in NEAFL
  • Tiziani may be in the crosshairs if Matt Walker from the GWS Academy is perceived as a better or equivalent player & Tiziani doesn't break through for a first grade spot (that would be the minimum 3 list spots opened up)
  • I'd keep Finlayson as a mobile tall defender another 1-2 years extension (can't cull too many at once, and need experience in the extended squad even if it's only NEAFL
  • O'Keefe or Simpson are possibilities to be cut end of year depending on how things go this year, so will be late decisions (but probably only one to leave)
  • I like Sproule's game & think he might be a chance to upgrade to the main list depending on other squad moves
  • The other rookies' fate will depend on how things go this year for both the team & other players
  • Hopefully we have so Wilson-type surprises from the contracted players.

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Not sure if I missed it or there will be an article in the next few days but in a tweet (Mark Stevens) it was mentioned that former Dogs assistant Brett Montgomery was going to join the club but i think it was going to be around recruitment and not coaching

Not sure if I missed it or there will be an article in the next few days but in a tweet (Mark Stevens) it was mentioned that former Dogs assistant Brett Montgomery was going to join the club but i think it was going to be around recruitment and not coaching

be interesting choice for that type of role, not completely left field, but zero recognition in the field as far as I know?

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Manchester City, Collingwood AFLW
I know we're a fair way out but I'm hopeful we can get big Bailey Williams from Dandenong Stingrays this year, Massive unit that dominates the ruck and has shown he's mobile enough to play forward as well. Would set us up for a decade
https://www.afldraftcentral.com.au/player/bailey-williams/

Oct 12, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
And here is Stevo's tweet about it

But normally the forward scout is going to support the coaching staff and players prepare for up coming games and have a focus on game patterns, line structures and individual player assessments, etc

Has a lot of assistant coach experience so wouldn't be surprised if next year he has a new role. Some of the current assistants already had contracts for this year before end of last season so changes were unable to be made.

Vic pokiesmon

All Australian
Jul 16, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
1. Nice
2. nothing from the club yet (usually all over this kind of thing)
3. McCarthy & Pickett both did this too. Doesn't necessarily mean a lot.
Situation was different in a lot of ways with both those players.Still gives us a bit more leverage if hypothetically he changes his mind in a year or two.Great he has chosen to re -sign

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Melbourne radio reporting Toby has signed for 6 years at $6M. Announced today or tomorrow.....

2582fd9725ecc4cc0f320a495c8666bd.gif
7f05a2b42c844e17afce478df41e9ba9.gif
be7f48ed6f2f88864b2984f59736e432.gif

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Snookers

Club Legend
May 4, 2017
AFL Club
GWS
A less classy bloke wouldn't come in to say I told you so...

However, I'm not classy....

I TOLD YOU SO!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

That seems more reasonable. I coughed a bit hard at the $1m a year, given it was reported Jezza is only on $800k pa on his current deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back