Hey Hey This is Queensland

Remove this Banner Ad

Mr Cashie

Team Captain
Jan 26, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
I’ve had enough of my family, I’ve had enough of my job and I’ve had enough of Melbourne.

Given that things are pretty grim for me down here (some things cannot be undone) there’s no better time to pack my bags, jump in the car and start again.

I prefer coastal QLD for the most part but not looking to settle in a larger metropolis. Obviously that means anywhere from Bundy to Cairns.

I’ll probably go on the dole and supplement my income with punting, arbing and casual labouring jobs up there to keep me going.

Found something nice for $230 PW up in Mackay which is around the price range of what I’m looking for. Out of all those coastal cities north of SE QLD which of those provide best bang for buck, lush, within 10kms of the coast and quiet, comfy housing at an affordable price?

I’ve had enough of my family, I’ve had enough of my job and I’ve had enough of Melbourne.

Given that things are pretty grim for me down here (some things cannot be undone) there’s no better time to pack my bags, jump in the car and start again.

I prefer coastal QLD for the most part but not looking to settle in a larger metropolis. Obviously that means anywhere from Bundy to Cairns.

I’ll probably go on the dole and supplement my income with punting, arbing and casual labouring jobs up there to keep me going.

Found something nice for $230 PW up in Mackay which is around the price range of what I’m looking for. Out of all those coastal cities north of SE QLD which of those provide best bang for buck, lush, within 10kms of the coast and quiet, comfy housing at an affordable price?
What do you do for work? Or what did you do? Supplementing your income gambling is very risky. Why are you making that move? You’ll also need cash to keep you going, pay bond etc. Longer term plans?

• Banned
Got 10s of thousands just sitting in high interest savers and betting accounts so money is no issue over the next 12 months.

I am just disgruntled down here due to personal issues and wanna start fresh. I work in a printing factory but can do most types of labouring.

I see Rocky has some nice places at a very low cost. Might be time to pack the car.

• Banned
Go to southern gold coast/northern nsw. Between say palm beach and yamba somewhere

Byron and Coffs were options also but the rents were quite pricey. Perhaps they rentals I’ve seen are right on the coast and it may be cheaper say 5 ks inland?

There plenty of labouring up there for a fairly hard 30 yo man that is no stranger to 12 hour days?

Seems like a fairly hasty move but if you are determined to move Gladstone has the cheapest rent in Australia atm due to the end of the boom. You can get a decent place for under 200 a week.

• Banned
Seems like a fairly hasty move but if you are determined to move Gladstone has the cheapest rent in Australia atm due to the end of the boom. You can get a decent place for under 200 a week.

You clearly weren’t joking about Gladstone. Amazing quality considering the prices. End of year I’m gone...

• Banned
Gonna have to get used to the rain though. Been absolutely pissing even in Townsville which seems to often miss out compared to Cairns or Mackay.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back