Universal Love Charlie ‘Chook’ Constable

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will now be processing applications to join the fan club.

Surprising he wasn’t originally selected for JLT1 but definitely looks the goods as a modern mid.

Tank and strength can only improve, but his positioning and ability to find it is clear from day 1.

Considering he apparently has a poor tank, I was super super impressed with how he just kept on going.
One of those that seems a footballer, will be a monster in a couple of years as well.

And even though he gave away the free for taking out the legs, I absolutely loved the manic attack on the ball when he flew in for that ground ball.

Looks clean by hand, probably more a Clayton Oliver type that will get in and get dirty then release the outside runners by hand

Hopefully he can repeat.

Ive learned the hard way not to get excited about first year players who have a a great first practise game. Djurreka, Jansen, Tenace all come go mind. All arguably played there best games for the club in the pre season comp in their first year.

Please don't even mention Jansen by comparison apart from size there is none.
He eclipsed anything Jansen ever did yesterday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definitely took me by surprise. For some reason I expected him to be an outside player, just a half back flank or a wing, but my expectations were completely wrong.

Already a pretty good size & doesn’t mind throwing his body into the packs, the main one I remember is when he threw himself in to get the ball first against 1 or 2 Suns players & he ended up giving away a free kick for taking out their legs which was fair enough, but the attack on the ball from him looked great.

Interested to see how he goes in the VFL this season pushing for senior games. Should get some good midfield time.

Another one like him please Wellsey.
Main thing is, "leave him in the middle." on ball.
Don't try fixing what's not broke.
nonsense, he looks a natural ball magnet inside mid....

so lets try him in the back pocket :D

nonsense, he looks a natural ball magnet inside mid....

so lets try him in the back pocket :D

I'm was thinking if Thurlow or Kolo fails some bright spark might suggest....you know what!
Well bad luck l say, find someone else.:D

Cats website has him listed at 191cm and 86 kgs , which is a great size to go with his inside game with excellent hands. I'd like to see him put on another 10kgs of solid muscle over the next 2-3 years and turn into our version of Josh Kennedy (Swans) ...

Definitely took me by surprise. For some reason I expected him to be an outside player, just a half back flank or a wing, but my expectations were completely wrong.

Already a pretty good size & doesn’t mind throwing his body into the packs, the main one I remember is when he threw himself in to get the ball first against 1 or 2 Suns players & he ended up giving away a free kick for taking out their legs which was fair enough, but the attack on the ball from him looked great.

Interested to see how he goes in the VFL this season pushing for senior games. Should get some good midfield time.
Anderson said he rated him top 5, said he was close to being the Cripps of his year (another one he picked and all the carlton fans melted over it, hindsight eh).

He also won his School Best and fairest ahead of Brayshaw (pick 2) LDU (pick 4) and Bonar (pick 11) once he was moved to this midfield this year.

Anderson said he rated him top 5, said he was close to being the Cripps of his year (another one he picked and all the carlton fans melted over it, hindsight eh).

He also won his School Best and fairest ahead of Brayshaw (pick 2) LDU (pick 4) and Bonar (pick 11) once he was moved to this midfield this year.
Im glad someone else went the Cripps call.

Im not willing to go there yet but its certainly clear to see how he got it.

As for the Smithy comparisons - he did keep running all game. Now granted, some of that running was technically on the same spot literally up and down but still running.

GO Catters

Ill be the negative nancy. Count me out of the fan club. Certainly finds the ball but I'm not sure how useful he is with it. Was my query on him in the under 18s, yesterday looked no different.

Kelly and Fogarty though, I'll put my application in for their fan club.

Ill be the negative nancy. Count me out of the fan club. Certainly finds the ball but I'm not sure how useful he is with it. Was my query on him in the under 18s, yesterday looked no different.

Kelly and Fogarty though, I'll put my application in for their fan club.
The other issue is how we develop him. Is a pure midfielder and will be fighting with parfitt and cockatoo for midfield minutes

I was happy to use our first pick on him , so for us to get him p30 something is like getting 2 picks in the 20's for mine..maybe even better. There were a lot of kids that slipped this year so probably all the clubs could make the same comment... but I strongly get the feeling that people will look back in a couple of years and ay how did this kid slip to there..after all he showed what he could do in big games in the tac..

I watched the game noticed he found a bit of it. Was serviceable and willing to do the grunt work. Thought he looked like a solid prospect. His 22 touches though with limited game time has given some false hysteria around here. His touches didn't influence the game massively. The new Joel Corey i even had the pleasure of reading. Great first up effort though.

Sent from my SM-A300Y using Tapatalk

He’s a genuine ball magnet, had a number of 40+ possession games at schoolboy level. I didn’t realise until yesterday how much of a hard nut he is too. Lots to like, and great to see these young outsiders putting themselves in consideration for round one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back