Unofficial Preview Round 1 vs Geelong - Alternate Realities - Opposition Supporters Welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

The message from Biff was even weirder than usual. Dangerfield. Ablett. Selwood. These are the challenges Melbourne has to face. These are the challenges we must overcome if we are to succeed. After confirming that no, he hadn't fallen off the wagon again, I asked him what was going on.

Meet me at Melbourne Central.

So there I was, standing under the Waltzing Matilda clock and ending up in 27 different tourist photos when my phone rang.

"Downstairs. The store you are looking for is on your left."

I walked through the crowd and I saw it...and immediately facepalmed.

Biff had sprayed the Dangerfield store red and blue.

I tried to ring back. My phone was dead. And then...I felt a tap on my shoulder.

'Nathan Ablett? Wha...'

Nathan looked around shiftily, as if he was trying to avoid committing to something.

'Nathan, I'm not the Geelong footy club, come on.'

'Follow me.'

We jumped in a car and headed east. A long way east. Nathan wouldn't say anything. We arrived at a lumber yard. And in front of me stood Biff, with two aprons. One red and blue, one blue and white. He handed them to us.

'Right, Striker. Your goal is to sell more wood than Nathan Ablett this afternoon.'

'But Biff, what does this have to do with the Dees?'

He walked away.

Selling wood is no easy feat. It's a bit luck - if you get a call from a builder. It's also a bit skill - knowing things about grain and strength. Fortunately I did know one thing that was extraordinarily important: how to create a lever in order to move large loads. And so, when the Punt Road construction company arrived with reports of severely damaged residential property near the Yarra River, I was quickly able to assist in loading their trucks.

Nathan looked at me, and kind of sulked. Then he took his payday and left.

My phone rang. It was Biff.

'Ready for Round 1?'

Melbourne by three logs.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome back for 2018 everybody. Sign-up thread is here.

Last edited:

We'll run all over them, they'll look slow, we'll spray a few and only win by 32 points, but it could have easily been 10 goals.

Welcome back Unofficial Preview, how I have missed you.
Dunno why. Everything I post I would like regarded as unofficial. I suspect I’m not alone.

Scary game, we have a real chance to get the chocolates but still Geelong is a powerhouse team with a strong midfield
If we can win prepare for the lids to be well and truly off

Reading a few threads on the Handbagger board its clear Geelong supporters (and quite possibly their players) possess absolutely no respect for the Melbourne Football Club whatsoever and expect this game to be a cakewalk, such is their unfettered arrogance and delusion.

I hope you absolutely pump them. Bonus points if you get Dangerflog to fake an injury or Selwood to spend most of the game bitching to the umps how he was only awarded 6 frees for high contact. Watching Scablett Jnr pop his shoulder again would be the icing on the cake but I'll settle for a 10 goal Dees victory with Geelong fans streaming out of the gates before full time the way they did when you ruined Enright's 300th. :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Front page of the age made me want to spew

That article is really weird. The first line reads:

There’s no need for three billboards outside the Geelong Football Club, on the Geelong Road or anywhere else, heralding the return of Gary Ablett.

Did they even see the movie? That's such a bizarre and inappropriate reference to make.

Reading a few threads on the Handbagger board its clear Geelong supporters (and quite possibly their players) possess absolutely no respect for the Melbourne Football Club whatsoever and expect this game to be a cakewalk, such is their unfettered arrogance and delusion.

I hope you absolutely pump them. Bonus points if you get Dangerflog to fake an injury or Selwood to spend most of the game bitching to the umps how he was only awarded 6 frees for high contact. Watching Scablett Jnr pop his shoulder again would be the icing on the cake but I'll settle for a 10 goal Dees victory with Geelong fans streaming out of the gates before full time the way they did when you ruined Enright's 300th. :D

How did it take you until last Friday to find our Rd1 opponent and post your undying lust for them and hatred for us?
You are slipping and quite frankly its embarrassing.

As for the game, we owe you one for ******* up Boris' 300th - and whilst we still laugh at 186 - its gonna be a very close game. I imagine the best bottom 6 will dictate the result.

GO Catters

How did it take you until last Friday to find our Rd1 opponent and post your undying lust for them and hatred for us?
Every artist enjoys knowing his work is appreciated

giphy.gif

and as for you good sir

giphy.gif

As for the game, we owe you one for ******* up Boris' 300th - and whilst we still laugh at 186 - its gonna be a very close game. I imagine the best bottom 6 will dictate the result.

GO Catters
You’ve paid us back for that. You beat us by 100+ in 2016 ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back