Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only way the cows will have a facility next to AO will be if someone is stupid enough to pay for it. They've ridden on the back of the SANFL for so long that they've grown a sense of entitlement larger than Mt. Everest.

No not really. They cant just build anything they like at AO, with or without the money.

I couldn't care less if the Crows move to the city at some point they wont get a footprint anywhere near AO itself so who gives a ****

Adelaide already have a place in the city.

Supreme-Court-Adelaide-copy.jpg

Rucci does like to stir them up
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...n/news-story/d445c065c4566fd151aa1f17591cde9e
Port Adelaide has learned this with the fall-out from losing its “Shed” equivalent, the “Game Day Village”, at Memorial Drive last season. The Power will regain this concept this year - and knows how vital it has become to the fans’ “match-day experience”.
Fagan ruffled the feathers of his club’s fan base last year when he pointed out there was no shortage of pubs around Adelaide Oval for Crows supporters. And the reaction since reaffirming to radio FIVEaa on Friday that the push for a new “Shed” is “nothing that has ever stacked up for me”.
If we happened to be born from a social club environment, we’d be nurturing (the push for a city social base for Crows fans),” said Fagan, adding a new “Shed” is not the “best way to spend limited dollars” at the Adelaide Football Club.
Adelaide declared on Thursday an operating profit of $3.4 million - quite a significant result for a not-for-profit organisation.

Fagan did learn at the members’ information meeting at Adelaide Oval that the Crows fans at the profit announcement are more interested in regathering their social hub than becoming Twitter followers or devotees of the Crows’ eSports franchise.

There is a clear message from the fans. They want their club to use their money on their team - and on them as members. It is the long-standing premise of a traditional sporting club rather than a franchise.

Adelaide lawyer Kym Ryder last week failed in his bid to become a Crows director to add, as he put it, the members’ voice around the board table

#notofthepeople #notforthepeople #profitsbeforepeople

Last edited:
THE GWS Giants are expected to announce a massive contract coup on Tuesday, with All-Australian forward Toby Greene reportedly signing a massive multi-year deal to stay with the club.
The Giants have called a press conference for midday on Tuesday where “two major announcements” will be made. It’s expected that a new six-year deal for Greene will be confirmed, as well as new sponsorship for the club.

Triple M’s Tom Browne reported on Tuesday morning that Greene, who has developed into arguably the club’s biggest barometer and one of the league’s most polarising figures, had penned a six-year deal that could be worth as much as $6 million. Browne said the deal was around $800,000 to $1 million per year.
https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/re...s/news-story/05c4a4e5cc49e50cda18d81b4f519a4a

Fagan ruffled the feathers of his club’s customers last year when he pointed out there was no shortage of pubs around Adelaide Oval for Crows supporters. ...
Peter Hurley's influence still strong at West Lakes.

After the recent changes. The new AFLPA reps

- Dangerfield President (quit AFC for Geelong)

- Docherty Vice President (quit Brisbane for Carlton)

- Davis (quit AFC for GWS)

- McPharlin (quit Hawthorn for Fremantle)

- Sloane....

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

THE GWS Giants are expected to announce a massive contract coup on Tuesday, with All-Australian forward Toby Greene reportedly signing a massive multi-year deal to stay with the club.
The Giants have called a press conference for midday on Tuesday where “two major announcements” will be made. It’s expected that a new six-year deal for Greene will be confirmed, as well as new sponsorship for the club.

Triple M’s Tom Browne reported on Tuesday morning that Greene, who has developed into arguably the club’s biggest barometer and one of the league’s most polarising figures, had penned a six-year deal that could be worth as much as $6 million. Browne said the deal was around $800,000 to $1 million per year.
https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/re...s/news-story/05c4a4e5cc49e50cda18d81b4f519a4a
I have GWS as clear favourites this year, people are ridiculously underestimating them based on the final last year!

I have GWS as clear favourites this year, people are ridiculously underestimating them based on the final last year!
Very good point.

They could go off this year and win 20 games or something honestly. I wouldn’t have them as favourites currently, for me that would be Adelaide but they are definitely in my top 4.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...n/news-story/d445c065c4566fd151aa1f17591cde9e
Port Adelaide has learned this with the fall-out from losing its “Shed” equivalent, the “Game Day Village”, at Memorial Drive last season. The Power will regain this concept this year - and knows how vital it has become to the fans’ “match-day experience”.
Fagan ruffled the feathers of his club’s fan base last year when he pointed out there was no shortage of pubs around Adelaide Oval for Crows supporters. And the reaction since reaffirming to radio FIVEaa on Friday that the push for a new “Shed” is “nothing that has ever stacked up for me”.
If we happened to be born from a social club environment, we’d be nurturing (the push for a city social base for Crows fans),” said Fagan, adding a new “Shed” is not the “best way to spend limited dollars” at the Adelaide Football Club.
Adelaide declared on Thursday an operating profit of $3.4 million - quite a significant result for a not-for-profit organisation.

Fagan did learn at the members’ information meeting at Adelaide Oval that the Crows fans at the profit announcement are more interested in regathering their social hub than becoming Twitter followers or devotees of the Crows’ eSports franchise.

There is a clear message from the fans. They want their club to use their money on their team - and on them as members. It is the long-standing premise of a traditional sporting club rather than a franchise.

Adelaide lawyer Kym Ryder last week failed in his bid to become a Crows director to add, as he put it, the members’ voice around the board table

liked cos you posted the meat of the article and not a nondescriptive link to a shitty paywall

Apart from the likely absence of North, Saints, Suns Lions and Carlton, it's anyones guess how the top eight will pan out.
1, Adelaide
2, GWS
3, Ports
4, Richmond
5, Sydney
6, Geelong
7, Melbourne
8, probably Essendon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Toby Greene is worth it just for his invisibility to the umps and the MRP.

I’m ‘underestimating’ them based on the fact that they’ve lost Mumford, Smith, SJ, Wilson, Kennedy, Williams and Setterfield for the year and replaced them with pretty much nobody.

I’m ‘underestimating’ them based on the fact that they’ve lost Mumford, Smith, SJ, Wilson, Kennedy, Williams and Setterfield for the year and replaced them with pretty much nobody.
If any team has #organicgrowth in it. It's GWS!

I tend to agree, but how many games did Griffen, Deledio, Coniglio, Finlayson and Hopper play last year?

I still expect they will be top 4, not because they are exceptionally good, but because they are better than 14 other teams.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...n/news-story/d445c065c4566fd151aa1f17591cde9e...

Elderly football fans would rather go to a club than follow a competitive video gaming mob? Why is that something to be learnt and not the default position?

Wow....

#shitclubnohistory

Keep doing what you're doing Andrew, we love it.

Kane Cornes: ‘I wanted to kill him’
PORT Adelaide great Kane Cornes has revealed another chapter to one of the AFL’s lowest and most infamous sledges.
The Power great has opened up on the dressing room reactions to the infamous Will Minson sledge about his son Eddy during a 2008 AFL match.
In a round 14 clash between Port Adelaide and the Western Bulldogs in Darwin, Cornes has previously said Minson turned to him in the middle of the game and said: “Shouldn’t you be home with your dying son?”
At the time, Cornes’ four-year-old son Eddy was “fighting for life”.

Cornes on Tuesday opened up about Minson’s sledge to defend Warner’s actions towards de Kock during their stairwell confrontation during the First Test in Durban.
More ...
http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/ka...m/news-story/9ab4cbc75e5e08d781d8ac0cd9240ef9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back