Arsenal FC: Out of control

Remove this Banner Ad

So what are you saying SM? Arsenal fans should sit back and be giddy over 6th place in the Prem?

Are you giddy about 5th?

Are you burning epigraphs of Roman because you've had a bad season that hasn't met expectation?

Or are you somewhere in between?

2nd-4th is still a passable position because you make CL. Arsenal are not only miles behind the leaders but the top 4.

Being miles behind the top 4 is the unacceptable part. If they were in the top 4 at least there would be less carrying on I reckon.

How did you guys feel when you went through that period of poor form outside the Top 4? Obviously anger and frustration with the owners and managers, but were you decrying the death of your club?

How did you guys feel when you went through that period of poor form outside the Top 4? Obviously anger and frustration with the owners and managers, but were you decrying the death of your club?
They won't "die" but you can feel them getting further and further away from the rest of the top 6 the longer Wenger is there. Getting him out seems the hard part.

We didn't wait 6 years too long to sack Rodgers.

How about after 21 years fans just feel like a change is due to freshen it up? It’s not as though he wins a title every 2-3 years like Fergie was. Also bear in mind the fans were told moving to the new stadium would make them competitive with any club in Europe. Wenger could be paying the price for those promises. If I were a Goona (makes me feel unclean just saying it) I’d feel a new start is needed, even if it isn’t guaranteed to be for the better. It would revitalise the club - the bloke has been there way too long

Are you giddy about 5th?

Are you burning epigraphs of Roman because you've had a bad season that hasn't met expectation?

Or are you somewhere in between?
They've won titles recently. How are the two situations even comparable? We're not talking about one bad Arsenal season.

If people can't understand that a historically large club in the late part of last century, and early part of this century, who was among the front runners in the league nearly every season, has now suddenly turned to s**t under the same manager who refuses to change and fans want and expect more, then you're never going to get it.

The club you're facing next in Europe is really the perfect counter point to this. They dominated not just Italy but Europe since the 90's and after their last title win under Allegri, they went to s**t, and I mean really went to s**t. The fans said they deserved better and all that s**t but they were never going on about their club dying. And I'd wager that Milan were a lot closer to doing a Leeds than what a lot of people realize too.

Saying Arsenal are underachieving isn't wrong but saying your club is dying and going down the drain is a completely ******* different story.

I can guarantee if Spurs had have had Arsenal's success in the late 90s/early 00s and were where we are now, they'd not be happy either. A guarantee.

And I can guarantee if that this was Spurs fans I'm cracking the shits at then I'd be melting a lot harder.

They've won titles recently. How are the two situations even comparable? We're not talking about one bad Arsenal season.

And Arsenal have won trophies in three of the last four seasons, have already made a Cup final this season, played in Europe every year for the last 20 years, etc. etc.

The club you're facing next in Europe is really the perfect counter point to this. They dominated not just Italy but Europe since the 90's and after their last title win under Allegri, they went to s**t, and I mean really went to s**t. The fans said they deserved better and all that s**t but they were never going on about their club dying. And I'd wager that Milan were a lot closer to doing a Leeds than what a lot of people realize too.

Saying Arsenal are underachieving isn't wrong but saying your club is dying and going down the drain is a completely ******* different story.

And I can guarantee if that this was Spurs fans I'm cracking the shits at then I'd be melting a lot harder.

This guy gets it. No one is saying Arsenal fans can't be calling for change, being angry about Wenger still being there, being angry at underachieving, etc. It's the carrying on about the death and destruction of the club that is garbage.

And Arsenal have won trophies in three of the last four seasons, have already made a Cup final this season, played in Europe every year for the last 20 years, etc. etc.
The League is the pinnacle of what the big clubs try to achieve. Cups are nice but the league is always paramount.

Chelsea is in no way the same situation as Arsenal.

The League is the pinnacle of what the big clubs try to achieve. Cups are nice but the league is always paramount.

I don't quite understand the point you're trying to make, perhaps you're misunderstanding what Established and I are saying?

This guy gets it. No one is saying Arsenal fans can't be calling for change, being angry about Wenger still being there, being angry at underachieving, etc. It's the carrying on about the death and destruction of the club that is garbage.

Chelsea are right outside the top 4, they can fix up what's wrong with them pretty quickly. Arsenal may take a few years to climb back up.

Chelsea are right outside the top 4, they can fix up what's wrong with them pretty quickly. Arsenal may take a few years to climb back up.

If Arsenal got Allegri or a manager of that class then they'd be top 4 again in one season. There isn't much of a gap between Spurs/Pool and Arsenal.

I don't quite understand the point you're trying to make, perhaps you're misunderstanding what Established and I are saying?
You were asking the Germinator whether he was carrying on about the death and destruction of Chelsea based off this season. He was never going to be because despite Chelsea having an underwhelming season, they are nowhere near as bad as where Arsenal currently are, on a long term/consistent basis.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Arsenal got Allegri or a manager of that class then they'd be top 4 again in one season. There isn't much of a gap between Spurs/Pool and Arsenal.
It may take more than 1 summer window to fix 3 of the back 4/GK/CDM/LW spots though.

Wenger has still got a contract until the end of next season too. The way it's going he may ride it out and sign another deal.

You were asking the Germinator whether he was carrying on about the death and destruction of Chelsea based off this season. He was never going to be because despite Chelsea having an underwhelming season, they are nowhere near as bad as where Arsenal currently are, on a long term/consistent basis.

Do you mean Flameboy?

He asked me if they should be happy which was a complete misrepresentation of the point being made.

If people can't understand that a historically large club in the late part of last century, and early part of this century, who was among the front runners in the league nearly every season, has now suddenly turned to s**t under the same manager who refuses to change and fans want and expect more, then you're never going to get it.

I can guarantee if Spurs had have had Arsenal's success in the late 90s/early 00s and were where we are now, they'd not be happy either. A guarantee.
You don’t get it. That’s ok.
Expecting more from a team devoid of ideas or any conceivable ability to play away from home is absolutely warranted.

That’s pretty indefensible.

It’s the accompanying melodrama, not necessarily on here either, that’s completely and utterly farcical. You, along with fans of 5 other clubs need to come to terms with the fact that 6 teams doesn’t go into 4 spots. Every season two quality clubs will miss top 4, something you’ve had a pretty good run at btw.

Comes across as petulant children who’ve been spoilt for success suddenly throwing the toys out of the cot. It’s funny you raise us it really is
I'm sure you could find proof of us hosting the top side in the league with half the seats empty...

You don’t get it. That’s ok.
Expecting more from a team devoid of ideas or any conceivable ability to play away from home is absolutely warranted.

That’s pretty indefensible.

It’s the accompanying melodrama, not necessarily on here either, that’s completely and utterly farcical. You, along with fans of 5 other clubs need to come to terms with the fact that 6 teams doesn’t go into 4 spots. Every season two quality clubs will miss top 4, something you’ve had a pretty good run at btw.

Comes across as petulant children who’ve been spoilt for success suddenly throwing the toys out of the cot. It’s funny you raise us it really is
I'm sure you could find proof of us hosting the top side in the league with half the seats empty...
I love the way in the middle of that run they can still stick five past Everton :p

Not sure why Cruyffy is being attacked here. ******* hell, mentioning no names but when we lose a game some of our fans crack the shits at Poch on our board. They’d be suicidal if they had an unremovable manager at the helm

20 odd years is to long for a manager to be at one club.
The only way it can happen is if you are Fergie at Man United or someone in a 1 team league with no ambition to manage better sides (eg Rodgers at Celtic).

It's strange because there was a decent vibe around the club considering we got some players in the transfer window and ozil re signing.

However now the club seems more toxic than ever.
I don't see how Wenger thinks he is still the man to turn it around.

Comparing Arsenal to Chelsea is ludicrous. If Arsenal has won two of the last three leagues and won the Champions League back in 2012 this thread would not exist.

Not sure why Cruyffy is being attacked here. ******* hell, mentioning no names but when we lose a game some of our fans crack the shits at Poch on our board. They’d be suicidal if they had an unremovable manager at the helm
At the end of the day, people don't want to get it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back