Mega Thread The Welcome Thread - If you're new (or old) to BigFooty introduce yourself here

whiteside35

Debutant
Feb 6, 2018
corio
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
vegas golden knights,man utd
Long time fan of the pies and have finally decided to join big footy, went through the heartbreak of the 70's and early 80's grand finals (how did we lose them all), 1990 was just the greatest and 2010 was brilliant.Favorite players over these years include Mckenna,Dunne,Picken,Cooper,Daicos,Millane,B Taylor,Buckley,A Rocca,Didak,Swan.
Do get carried away while watching the pies,the highs and lows,but its all part of it,hopefully the club is heading in the right direction and can get back into the finals this year and push for a flag in the not so distant future.
Go Pies

Leftyitis

Bleeding black & white
Feb 7, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hey guys, Im known in these parts as Lefty, thanks to my partner Wrighty. Found out bout BigFooty 2-3 years ago, and although a little reserved in posting have enjoyed the endless amounts of information and quirky facts you all pass on.

Firstly, I bleed black and white. Pies first and always.

Was born in 78 and as the storey goes, an Aunty placed a Fitzroy knitted blanket on me. So I went for the Lions. (gets better - keep reading)

Must have been 8 years old and at the local shopping centre 'Gavin Brown, Fish and Sean White were participating in a Tip Top Bread Clinic. As a kid I was in awe of anyone seen on TV. At the clinic, players choose a kid (I was Browns choice), to participate in handball and kicking comp. I won a Collingwood sweathog jumper and a collingwood ruckle??? and that was it, I was hooked.

1990 GF was a great moment. When Brown ran back on and straight back into it, tops even the victory for me. The culture the club had, was something magical. Malthouse embrassing Licca after losing was just as powerful moment for me.

Always liked Rupert Betheras and Tarks as battlers. Loved Leigh Brown and the grunt he brought with him.

Well, thats enough from me. Love reading all the Collingwood posts and watch out for Maynard in 2018. Love this kid.

Onwards and upwards

Carnthepies18

Draftee
Mar 2, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hi everyone,

I’m not normally a forum user and am a bit hesitant about posting this, but I figure I’ve got nothing to lose so will give it a go...

I’m a Collingwood supporter and also a new Mum. I would love to put my son on the MCC membership waiting list, but I don’t actually know any full members to propose/second the application. I’m a North Queenslander (so not many members floating around here). I’ve done a lot of thinking/reading/researching about this problem but I’m stumped. I understand that there’s a lot of history and tradition there, but I would also love to give my bush kid this opportunity.

If any kind person out there with full MCC membership is willing to help out, I would be forever grateful (and would of course reimburse with your preferred beverage/chocolates/ etc). Please contact me.

To answer the suggested board questions:
1) Who do you barrack for? Collingwood
2) Who's your favourite Collingwood player? Steele Sidebottom
3) What is your favourite Collingwood moment? Heath Shaw’s smother in the GF replay.
4) How did you come to be a Pies fan? Through an old friend who is a supporter.

Thanks

P.S - I feel pretty educated about the pros/cons of MCC membership, benefits of club memberships instead, reciprocal rights of other ground members etc. Still, I would love to get him on the MCC list.

Apr 1, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hey all, just saying hello before the season starts and I chronically act out each weeks outcomes.
Can get salty over losses, a lot happier with a Pies win.

Favorite players were Leigh Brown , Jarrod Molloy , and Trav Cloke . Current list favorite - Tyson Goldsack.
Favorite moments Harry O's goal in the 2010 premiership replay and Darren Millane ending up with the ball in 1990 premiership.
3rd generation supporter. Was never not going to be...haha

Go Pies...Go Hard

Leftyitis

Bleeding black & white
Feb 7, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hey all, just saying hello before the season starts and I chronically act out each weeks outcomes.
Can get salty over losses, a lot happier with a Pies win.

Favorite players were Leigh Brown , Jarrod Molloy , and Trav Cloke . Current list favorite - Tyson Goldsack.
Favorite moments Harry O's goal in the 2010 premiership replay and Darren Millane ending up with the ball in 1990 premiership.
3rd generation supporter. Was never not going to be...haha

Go Pies...Go Hard

Reading your post has me thinking. Who was part of the 'beaks'. I can only remember Trav and Goldy at the moment. Help me out. Please.

Reading your post has me thinking. Who was part of the 'beaks'. I can only remember Trav and Goldy at the moment. Help me out. Please.
I thought the same thing - is Cam Wood our poster??

May 27, 2008
Wherever I May Roam
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Socceroos, Melbourne Victory
Hi everyone,

I’m not normally a forum user and am a bit hesitant about posting this, but I figure I’ve got nothing to lose so will give it a go...

I’m a Collingwood supporter and also a new Mum. I would love to put my son on the MCC membership waiting list, but I don’t actually know any full members to propose/second the application. I’m a North Queenslander (so not many members floating around here). I’ve done a lot of thinking/reading/researching about this problem but I’m stumped. I understand that there’s a lot of history and tradition there, but I would also love to give my bush kid this opportunity.

If any kind person out there with full MCC membership is willing to help out, I would be forever grateful (and would of course reimburse with your preferred beverage/chocolates/ etc). Please contact me.

To answer the suggested board questions:
2) Who's your favourite Collingwood player? Steele Sidebottom
3) What is your favourite Collingwood moment? Heath Shaw’s smother in the GF replay.
4) How did you come to be a Pies fan? Through an old friend who is a supporter.

Thanks

P.S - I feel pretty educated about the pros/cons of MCC membership, benefits of club memberships instead, reciprocal rights of other ground members etc. Still, I would love to get him on the MCC list.

Where in North QLD are you from? I'm in Cairns.

I'm an oldish poster, but I'm lazy and don't post in the off season. It's healthy to have a bit of a break and not deal with the anxiety that following Collingwood can cause ;). The toaster is back though and set to 3, medium brown.
Touchy word in these parts today.
Welcome back by the way.

Mar 24, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Boston Celtics Melbourne Stars
Hi i'm PeanutButter Pies,
I go for Collingwood and my favourite player Scott Pendlebury because of how classy he is!
My favourite Collingwood moment would have to be of course the 2010 premiership.
Last but not least, i just grew up as a Collingwood supporter, Can't remember just becoming a Collingwood fan.

Thanks for reading :)

Skata

Draftee
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Long time lurker who's finally decided to join and get involved with the forum after finding spending more and more time on here trying to cope with my feelings following Saturday's disappointing loss.

Been a Collingwood fan my whole life and I'm a proud third generation supporter.

All time favorite Collingwood player would have to be James Clement growing up watching him as kid I always loved his composure in the back line and his quite under the radar manner. Favorite current Collingwood player would be Pendelbury or Grundy.

Favorite Collingwood moment without doubt was 2010 Grand Final still the greatest day in my life, and more specifically it would have to be Heath Shaws smother.

I became a Collingwood supporter mostly because I had no choice in the matter with my Dad buying me a Collingwood bear the day I was born!

Lawbreakers

Rookie
Apr 5, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
76ers
Hey guys. Ive been reading these forums for quite a while. Use to post under a different name years ago, however stopped due too, you know, life.
Getting back to it now, as its a good way to interact with others that are just a passionate about AFL as I am (I live in QLD, so not alot of people talk about AFL).

In regards to the suggested questions:
2) Who's your favourite Collingwood player? growing up it was Tarrant. Freakish skills, and was an even better defender when he came back to the club. Current player is an easier one, Sidey. Ever since I heard of a kid that tore open a TAC Cup GF with 11 Goals, I knew he had to be a future Collingwood Star. Love his skills on both side of the body. Not many can hit someone on the chest with both feet.
3) What is your favourite Collingwood moment? Obviously our 2010 GF win, outside of that is Round 8 2003 vs Brisbane, very close and tough game with lots lead changes. The atmosphere in the Stadium was electric, and once we won, emotions took over everyone in the stadium. Regardless of friend or stranger everyone was high fives and hugs, and cheering.
4) How did you come to be a Pies fan? Second generation supporter. Grew up with my dad taking me to Pies games.

gappa

Team Captain
Apr 9, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
1) The Phoenix Suns (loves me a Charles Barkley). Oh and the Carringbush of course.

2) Hard one..... probably Clement or Presti, at least they’re my favourite clubmen if not players.

3) I have a special fondness for Friday 22/09/2011. Geez that’s almost seven years ago and we’ve only beaten them once more since then!

4) Dad got my older brother (Bombers) so Mum got me. Thank Buddha I was the second born!

5) I’m a Scorpio who is passionate about their footy and also in the bedroom. I like long walks in the beach in the rain, followed by a glass of Shiraz and some cheese (something hard) on the rug in front of the fire (imitation gas log would suffice). My favourite colour.... oh sorry, wrong forum.

Kreme Pie

Team Captain
Apr 15, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hi everyone.

Long time observer of Bigfooty, Collingwood threads, Buckley coaching threads etc. About time I joined in and shared my 2 cents worth.

I'm a long time 3rd generation passionate supporter. Member for last 10 years.

Fav player right now would be Steele Sidebottom.
All time I would have to throw in the names of Daicos, Brown, Monkhorst, Russell, Rocca brothers, Buckley, Clement, Didak.

Fav moment: 2010 Flag. Belting out the song with my brothers after watching the game, arm in arm, laughing, ecstatic.
Other moments include going to Prelim finals in 2002/03. Watching Prelim finals in years of 07 (so Effing close!), 2010/11. Anzac Day 1995.

Became a pies fan mostly through family inheritance. Grew up with my older brother taking me to games in the early 90s. Catching the train into Jollimont on the Epping line, packed full of fiery pies fans from the northern suburbs. Hooked instantly.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

DuckToaster

Maynards #1 fan
Aug 30, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hi everyone.

Long time observer of Bigfooty, Collingwood threads, Buckley coaching threads etc. About time I joined in and shared my 2 cents worth.

I'm a long time 3rd generation passionate supporter. Member for last 10 years.

Fav player right now would be Steele Sidebottom.
All time I would have to throw in the names of Daicos, Brown, Monkhorst, Russell, Rocca brothers, Buckley, Clement, Didak.

Fav moment: 2010 Flag. Belting out the song with my brothers after watching the game, arm in arm, laughing, ecstatic.
Other moments include going to Prelim finals in 2002/03. Watching Prelim finals in years of 07 (so Effing close!), 2010/11. Anzac Day 1995.

Became a pies fan mostly through family inheritance. Grew up with my older brother taking me to games in the early 90s. Catching the train into Jollimont on the Epping line, packed full of fiery pies fans from the northern suburbs. Hooked instantly.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
that username though. welcome.

Had joined BigFooty long time ago, but wasn't very active for a long time, so I thought I'd re-introduce myself. I came to Aus (Melbourne) in 2001, got hooked on the Aussie game through my landlord (he is a Essendon supporter) and became a Pies supporter after watching the 2002 Anzac Day victory in the wet. It was kind of the first full AFL game I watched while trying to understand the game. After leaving Australia in 2005 I returned in 2014 with my family. However, I managed to watch the 2010 GF win live on TV. Currently living in Brisbane.

1) Who do you barrack for? (hint anything but Collingwood ends with a banzhammer) Of course, Collingwood
2) Who's your favourite Collingwood player? Alan Didak, Paul Licuria
3) What is your favourite Collingwood moment? 2002 Anzac Day win and the 2010 GF victory
4) How did you come to be a Pies fan? See above, watching the 2002 Anzac Day game with my landlord.

Oct 14, 2015
Free State NSW
AFL Club
Collingwood
...I came to Aus (Melbourne) in 2001, got hooked on the Aussie game through my landlord (he is a Essendon supporter) and became a Pies supporter after watching the 2002 Anzac Day victory in the wet. It was kind of the first full AFL game I watched while trying to understand the game. After leaving Australia in 2005 I returned in 2014 with my family...

Glad you came back Foreigner!!

You clearly know what love is - it's Collingwood

mwhop

All Australian
Aug 13, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hi. I read the board a lot, but rarely post.
Always been a pies supporter, went to games as a kid in the late 80s and was there in 1990 and 2010.

Favourite players growing up were daics, scotty russell, gavin brown, paul williams
In recent years daisy, leon davis, heritier, dids, clement, rupe betheras
My favs atm are jamie elliott, pendles, jeremy howe. I'm hoping WHE and Murray can join that list pretty soon. And I do particularly love it when crispy gets on the end of a chain and bombs a goal from 50.
Generally I like running players that can hit a target, a feeling thats only gotten stronger over recent years.

Favourite Collingwood moments include being at the first ANZAC day match, several matches at vic park, anytime we beat carlton. Also just managing to duck into the Pies Saints game at 3 quarter time to find us several goals down in the wet, and see Daisy go bananas and win the game for us

May 27, 2008
Wherever I May Roam
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Socceroos, Melbourne Victory
Had joined BigFooty long time ago, but wasn't very active for a long time, so I thought I'd re-introduce myself. I came to Aus (Melbourne) in 2001, got hooked on the Aussie game through my landlord (he is a Essendon supporter) and became a Pies supporter after watching the 2002 Anzac Day victory in the wet. It was kind of the first full AFL game I watched while trying to understand the game. After leaving Australia in 2005 I returned in 2014 with my family. However, I managed to watch the 2010 GF win live on TV. Currently living in Brisbane.

1) Who do you barrack for? (hint anything but Collingwood ends with a banzhammer) Of course, Collingwood
2) Who's your favourite Collingwood player? Alan Didak, Paul Licuria
3) What is your favourite Collingwood moment? 2002 Anzac Day win and the 2010 GF victory
4) How did you come to be a Pies fan? See above, watching the 2002 Anzac Day game with my landlord.

Hey mate, did you make it to the Brisbane game last week? What a sweet victory!

Big Papa Ted

Team Captain
May 26, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
G'day all,

Long time reader of the forums, finally decided to get an account and contribute. From Sydney and I've been a fan of Collingwood since I started watching AFL in 2005 after getting an AFL video game (I can't stand the Swans fyi). Only real person that supports AFL in my family, but I now live in Adelaide so I get to stick it to Crows fans.

Favourite players since I've supported Collingwood is Bucks, Trav Cloke and Paul Medhurst. Favourite moment is easily Heath Shaw smothering Riewoldt in the 2010 GF replay. Look forward to chatting with you!

steelebottom22

Team Captain
May 2, 2016
Abbotsford lulie st
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hi everyone been around a while never posted in this thread

2) Who's your favourite Collingwood player? used to love stephen patterson and big sav now it will have to be tom phillips
3) What is your favourite Collingwood moment? 2002 Prelim 3rd term and 2010 prelim
4) How did you come to be a Pies fan? starting following footy in 1996 so like most 5 year olds i wanted to support the best team which was north melbourne but my old man being a mad pie refused to buy me gear or take me games so in 1997 i switched to the pies my old man then took me to vic park agianst freo it was buckleys 100th game we won buy 100 points and big sav kicked 9 i have bled black and white ever since

Mr Pie

Cancelled
Jun 17, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hi Pie fans.

I used to post here many moons ago under the name rotten pie, now i'm back as Mr Pie.

I am a rabid Pies fan (has been tough the last few years) and a fan of Ed and Bux (also tough the last few years).

I have followed the Pies since the age of 4 (1984).

Look forward to getting to know you all again. Carn the Maggies!!!

Cheers Mr Pie.

Back