Can Swans still win GF?

Remove this Banner Ad

Luv_our_club

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 14, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Naismith injured at training - out for the season.
Tippet - retired.

Sinclair now the number 1 ruckman.

*cue further media discussion about mid-year draft
*cue further discussion re Buddy contract....

I rate Sinclair ahead of our last two premiership ruckmen (Roughead and Nankervis), so I don’t see it hurting their chances too much (I didn’t have them as my flag pick anyway but they’ll still be up there).

Also, I rate their new #2 ruckman Darcy Cameron reasonably highly too. Good kid from Claremont.

I rate Sinclair ahead of our last two premiership ruckmen (Roughead and Nankervis), so I don’t see it hurting their chances too much (I didn’t have them as my flag pick anyway but they’ll still be up there).

Also, I rate their new #2 ruckman Darcy Cameron reasonably highly too. Good kid from Claremont.

Looked at avatar.:sick:

Essendon supporter.:oops:

Naismith injured at training - out for the season.
Tippet - retired.

Sinclair now the number 1 ruckman.

*cue further media discussion about mid-year draft
*cue further discussion re Buddy contract....
Personally, I think they can. It's down to them and these teams

GWS
Geelong
Tigers
Crows
Port
Dees
Saints
WCE
Western
Dons
Hawks
Pies
Blues
Brisbane
Gold Coast
Roos
Freo

People forget that the Swans have an All Australian ruckman who is fresh and ready to go

Sydney+Swans+Media+Opportunity+Training+Session+ObHbLjOkngFl.jpg

Personally, I think they can. It's down to them and these teams

GWS
Geelong
Tigers
Crows
Port
Dees
Saints
WCE
Western
Dons
Hawks
Pies
Blues
Brisbane
Gold Coast
Roos
Freo

Geelong at Skilled Stadium will chock the Cattery up a lot of needed wins to get em into the finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How ridiculous they cant sign a free agent from a lower division.

Well this is the argument for it as the Swans at list lodgement had Tippett, Naismith, Sinclair Cameron and Amartey as our ruckmen, which admittedly isn't a brilliant ruck division but it is serviceable. With Tippett retiring due to injury and then Naismith getting an ACL we are down to Sinclair, Cameron and Amartey, and of those three only one of them has any experience at an AFL level.

In an ideal world the Swans would be able to pick up another ruckman from the state leagues (so a mature ager) due to Tippett retiring. Unfortunately that isn't the rules though, so we are in a bit of a pickle.

Well this is the argument for it as the Swans at list lodgement had Tippett, Naismith, Sinclair Cameron and Amartey as our ruckmen, which admittedly isn't a brilliant ruck division but it is serviceable. With Tippett retiring due to injury and then Naismith getting an ACL we are down to Sinclair, Cameron and Amartey, and of those three only one of them has any experience at an AFL level.

In an ideal world the Swans would be able to pick up another ruckman from the state leagues (so a mature ager) due to Tippett retiring. Unfortunately that isn't the rules though, so we are in a bit of a pickle.

The problem is having to lodge your list 5 months before the season AFL house that busy?

I don't mind a mid-season draft... but only for players above the height of 198cms

images

I read that as a height above 198kgs.

Which I think should also be a rule.

Make it happen Gil.

Its not like naismith is a match winner anyway...expect towers and aliir to ruck alot now..they wont win many contests but can you imagine guys like nankervis and sandi chasing them round.

We will essentially have an extra mid throughout the game

Remove this Banner Ad

Back