Past Sam Naismith - delisted 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

r0_0_2864_1655_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Sam Naismith
An ACL rupture and a long list of complications wiped out Sam Naismith’s 2018 and 2019 seasons, fuelling the hunger of the chief Sydney Swans ruckman for a comeback 2020 campaign. The QBE Sydney Swans Academy product is an excellent tap ruckman who’s shown promising glimpses since being drafted in November 2012, particularly as Sydney powered towards the 2016 Grand Final. The New South Welshman had always worn the number 35 before switching to the number 10 for season 2020 in search of a fresh start.

Sam Naismith
DOB: 16 July 1992
DEBUT: 2014
DRAFT: #Undefined, 2015 Rookie Elevation
RECRUITED FROM: North Shore (NSW)

looks like we'll be playing one ruckman this year, Sinclair and backup from AA, if anything this will make us more mobile. Hope teh boys are practicing reading the the ball off het other ruckman and sharking it

Our ‘little ruckman who could’ monicker becoming more apt by the day for young Deano.

AA ruck for 2018. D.Towers

Put your mortgage on it.

Even heeney can play out of full forward... we have plenty of options...horse just needs to be creative. As an opposition coach what would you do if we emptied the forward line and had heeney and rohan leading from the square and buddy up high

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even heeney can play out of full forward... we have plenty of options...horse just needs to be creative. As an opposition coach what would you do if we emptied the forward line and had heeney and rohan leading from the square and buddy up high
Great idea and would work brilliantly, just as well Hayward got some midfield minutes then on the weekend if he's not playing in the forward 50.

Great idea and would work brilliantly, just as well Hayward got some midfield minutes then on the weekend if he's not playing in the forward 50.
There isnt too many defenders with the pace to keep up with rohan on a lead and with all his faults, marking and set shots are not one of them. Heeney is heeney, we know what he is capable of.

We have an extremely talented team, we just need to mix it up more than we do. Find mew rotations, isolate certain players etc. Especially when we have buddy who commands so much defensive planning, there is no reason we cant have someone bob up with 3 goals every week, we just need to exploit individual matchups

There isnt too many defenders with the pace to keep up with rohan on a lead and with all his faults, marking and set shots are not one of them. Heeney is heeney, we know what he is capable of.

We have an extremely talented team, we just need to mix it up more than we do. Find mew rotations, isolate certain players etc. Especially when we have buddy who commands so much defensive planning, there is no reason we cant have someone bob up with 3 goals every week, we just need to exploit individual matchups
Im in total agreement with you about Rohan and Heeney.

I was just referencing our debate on Saturday regarding Hayward playing in the midfield.

Im in total agreement with you about Rohan and Heeney.

I was just referencing our debate on Saturday regarding Hayward playing in the midfield.
Haha yea i see that...i still dont see any future for him in the midfield but thats just my uneducated opinion and always happy to be proven wrong and you can easily swap his name out with heeney or rohan..point being our team is capable of so much more, horse just needs something other than "reid to defence"

I like Naismith. Probably won't ever be much more than he is but I think he's a lot better for our midfield in terms of competing in hit-outs and making them more pro-active. I still recall that stretch when he was rucking in 2016 when it felt like our midfield couldn't lose a clearance even if they tried. Obviously he'd want to be a lot more impactful around the ground but I haven't given up that little glimmer of hope that he can help us go back to that form.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back