AFL Live Pass

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 24, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Thinking of getting the season subscription of afl gamepass as i don't want to get Foxtel but will only be beneficial if it can be Chromecast to my TV. I've heard that this hasn't been possible in seasons past and I can't find anything on the AFL website about that.
If anyone has any insight that would be fantastic.

Thinking of getting the season subscription of afl gamepass as i don't want to get Foxtel but will only be beneficial if it can be Chromecast to my TV. I've heard that this hasn't been possible in seasons past and I can't find anything on the AFL website about that.

I don't know if this helps but I have a live pass and watch it on my ipad - the viewing screen is very small these days (there is no full screen).

You cant chromecast or AirPlay etc.

Can't you just plug a cord from your laptop into the tv?
I use a mac with a HDMI cable to the TV. No problems at all and it works well. You basically get the Fox Footy Channel (I believe) and have replays of games and shows ect.

For an extra 30 buy it through your club as an International Member.

Cheers, will look when I get back from China

I don't know about the Bullies, but I have the overseas package as part of my Suns membership, and I think it's great value. can't remember the breakup but I think it was $55 for Suns and $135 for Foxfooty, which gives me all AFL games, all AFLX games, all AFLW games, JLT games, On the Couch, AFL360, Brownlow and Draft.
But you need to be based overseas. As soon as I return to OZ in August for a few weeks, I can't access the site......Hope this helps

I use a mac with a HDMI cable to the TV. No problems at all and it works well. You basically get the Fox Footy Channel (I believe) and have replays of games and shows ect.

For an extra 30 buy it through your club as an International Member.
Is this just the standard Live Pass you're using or watchafl overseas?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Foxtel now is a good option in Australia. It's a bit dearer but you can get a base pack and sports pack which includes all the fox footy channels for $40 a month. It runs through PC, Apple TV, iPad, iPhone or smart TV in full screen HD.

You don't need a foxtel box or dish on the roof as it is all streaming like Netflix , Stan etc.

Last edited:
Screenshot_20180308-091812.jpg
Foxtel now is a good option in Australia. It's a bit dearer but you can get a base pack and sports pack which includes all the fox footy channels for $40 a month. It runs through PC, Apple TV, iPad, iPhone or smart TV in full screen HD.

You don't need a foxtel box or dish on the roof as it is all streaming like Netflix , Stan etc.

If you have the Foxtel box like we do are we also able to watch it through all those devices, and if so is there any extra charge?

But you need to be based overseas. As soon as I return to OZ in August for a few weeks, I can't access the site......Hope this helps
Sure you can, just download the Hola unblocker extension for Chrome and select America as the region. The site will think that you’re overseas.

For $39 a month you can get proper Foxtel with the dish and iq3 box, no installation fee and no lock in contract. You get the base pack plus HD sports. You can then use Foxtel Go for when you're out and about and record shows and games on the iq.

I just put foxtel back on for $39 a month.
The IQ3 box is a lot better than the old one.
I work shift work so recording games is appealing.
Plus as a soccer fan there is bein sports as well.

The AFL Pass played up for me a lot last season.
Kept freezing all the time.

I just put foxtel back on for $39 a month.
The IQ3 box is a lot better than the old one.
I work shift work so recording games is appealing.
Plus as a soccer fan there is bein sports as well.

The AFL Pass played up for me a lot last season.
Kept freezing all the time.

Yeah it's gotten alot worse over the last few years since the switch.

God I miss being able to select a match by quarter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back