Multiplat Kingdom Come: Deliverance

P.S I know how people reckon Henry looks like Gunston but am I the only one who thinks the Executioner in Rattay kind of looks like Ziebell? Maybe one of his ancestors?

upload_2018-3-7_11-6-8.png

upload_2018-3-7_11-7-9.png

Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Has anyone played on a Xbox One X?
I own the game on xbox - backed it via kickstarter many many years ago - but haven't started playing yet (waiting to finish witcher 3 and for the devs to get the bugs sorted).

Been waiting for the One X to drop in price before I buy it but be interested to know if the load times are closer to the PC experience. I saw the comment that PS4 Pro is still slow.

Last edited:

Brown_DOG68

All Australian
Jun 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Cincinnati Reds
So after 47 in game days, my Gunston finally decided to report to Razdig the stolen sword. In that time, he's amassed 53k in gold and appeared before the lords decked out in plate mail and expensive gear (mostly stolen or looted from his travels).

I'd also made a big effort to avoid questing in Rattay focusing on other towns and areas. Had fun doing the fighting quest - basically my beefed up Gunston would challenge beggars to fights and as soon as the fight commenced, would run up to them in his plate armour and throw a whirlwind of punches. Think the longest fight lasted all of 5 seconds with no hits taken on my part. Would then proceed to loot the defeated wretch and go about my business. :p

Some other minor criticisms of the game from my own experiences (though these are very small compared to the entire experience IMO).
  • Load times can be slow.
  • Fast travel is also a bit slow - though I do like the random encounters.
  • Glitchy quests - one quest I did I can't complete because the quest giver has been stuck in a stock for 5+ days now. Also if you gallop too fast, some of the rendering of the world and NPCs can be a bit delayed.
  • Talking to NPCs while wearing a full plate helm with visor (so your face is covered) and yet they know who it is.
  • Occasional crashes. Think I've had about 3 since I started playing. 2 where load screens would stay in limbo and 1 where the game crashed and exited on me (playing on a standard PS4).

I'm not quite as advanced as you are - no full plate yet and only 15k grosch - but getting there. Level 15 with sword, so changed to warhammer and loving it. Haven't lost a fight for a long time.....defeated Runt surprisingly easily.
I did as much a as I could in Rattay before following quest/activity lines to other towns. Have found most treasures (except for Hard/Very Hard locked ones).

After not crashing at all early on, I have had 3 crashes in the last week - all while Fast-Travelling, and all after just having done heaps of tedious "admin" stuff - moving inventory, reading, selling etc - a real PITA and time waste to have to go back and do it all again...
From now on will do all that just before sleeping!!.... and downing a saviour schnapps before all fast travelling.... or just ride my horse everywhere....

Brown_DOG68

All Australian
Jun 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Cincinnati Reds
Has anyone played on a Xbox One X?
I own the game on xbox - backed it via kickstarter many many years ago - but haven't started playing yet (waiting to finish witcher 3 and for the devs to get the bugs sorted).

Been waiting for the One X to drop in price before I buy it but be interested to know if the load times are closer to the PC experience. I saw the comment that PS4 Pro is still slow.

I am playing on xbox one - and yes the load times can be frustrating. However if you are the only person using the xbox, you can shutdown/ logoff etc, and when you start up/ log back in, you will get straight into the game where you finished without any loading. Just dont let anyone else login in between or you will lose that option.

Definitely worth playing!

I'm not quite as advanced as you are - no full plate yet and only 15k grosch - but getting there. Level 15 with sword, so changed to warhammer and loving it. Haven't lost a fight for a long time.....defeated Runt surprisingly easily.
I did as much a as I could in Rattay before following quest/activity lines to other towns. Have found most treasures (except for Hard/Very Hard locked ones).

After not crashing at all early on, I have had 3 crashes in the last week - all while Fast-Travelling, and all after just having done heaps of tedious "admin" stuff - moving inventory, reading, selling etc - a real PITA and time waste to have to go back and do it all again...
From now on will do all that just before sleeping!!.... and downing a saviour schnapps before all fast travelling.... or just ride my horse everywhere....

I haven't done any of the treasure hunts yet but supposedly there is some great gear to be found. Might need to give it a look into soon.

On my second playthrough, I'll definitely avoid visiting Sasau until I'm beefed up. I stuffed up a few quests there (the monastery one and the refugee aid one) - I know some quests are time sensitive but I am guessing if you don't start the quests, the countdown can't start either. :p

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
I haven't done any of the treasure hunts yet but supposedly there is some great gear to be found. Might need to give it a look into soon.

On my second playthrough, I'll definitely avoid visiting Sasau until I'm beefed up. I stuffed up a few quests there (the monastery one and the refugee aid one) - I know some quests are time sensitive but I am guessing if you don't start the quests, the countdown can't start either. :p

In these sort of games my quests are normally so organised. Either I don’t move until I tick them all off or only leave a few loose ends that I will get around to shortly. Generally there is also a flow on where to go - most quests will be around their start location then one will have a step elsewhere which is a good indicator that you can move on. Not in this game. I’ve got stuffing quests every where that won’t finish up or I don’t think I can properly continue (I’m actually in the middle of said refugee and monastery ones now. Got sent to jail in refugee one by that jerk), and some are unfinished because they’re sending me to towns I haven’t been to yet and I can see new quests there that I don’t want to take on yet. I’m starting to stress that I’m going to mass fail so many now lol. I guess this game is a huge learning curve for the first play through. The second time you will know exactly what to do and when.

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Glad I modded it and now rolling with 3 saves. One at the start of a quest, one at the end, and the other the end of the previous quest. There are so many gamebreaking bugs that still aren’t fixed so I’ve got a reddit page bookmarked that lists them and possible workarounds. Just encountered one at the monastery in Sasau. I think it’s called Saints Remains

took the bowl from the crypt to show Urban. He asks me to put it back at the end but I couldn’t. It’s a quest item so the game won’t let you drop it even after interacting with the spot to replace it. What happens then is your reputation with Sasau sinks and Urban tries to fight or kill you. Of course you can kill him yourself but then it breaks a future quest and in some instances has resulted in infinite loading screens for some people. Luckily I have a save at the start where I can get a bone from the graveyard instead.

I’m annoyed because this is all simple code errors and they should have thoroughly tested how robust it was first.

Lol. So what, are they going to refund and delete it off your account? Is that even legal?
That is what they're going to do. I don't know how it could be legal.

bulletride

Club Legend
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Lol. So what, are they going to refund and delete it off your account? Is that even legal?

A digital purchase is a license so they can legally revoke that at any point. A couple of relevant lines from the software agreement:

The Software is licensed to you, not sold. Upon installation of the Software, Licensor grants to you a limited, non-exclusive license

LICENSOR MAY, AT ITS SOLE DISCRETION, DISCONTINUE SUPPORTING THE SOFTWARE AT ANY TIME, AND LICENSOR HAS NO LIABILITY FOR SUCH DISCONTINUANCE

Of course you can always just go offline to avoid them revoking it. Kind of glad I only put an hour into this and stopped. I'll eventually purchase it properly once a few more patches are out, but at least I'm not locked into buying from Indonesia again if I want to keep my save.

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
A digital purchase is a license so they can legally revoke that at any point. A couple of relevant lines from the software agreement:

Of course you can always just go offline to avoid them revoking it. Kind of glad I only put an hour into this and stopped. I'll eventually purchase it properly once a few more patches are out, but at least I'm not locked into buying from Indonesia again if I want to keep my save.

Interesting. Thanks, didn’t know that. Raises the argument again of digital pricing if it’s only a limited license.

Indonesian store could have at least thrown in a Bintang singlet though.

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Patch 1.3 just went live. Can't find exact patch notes yet but apparently a whole heap of quest fixes. I just did the dumb horse race twice only like an hour ago because I didn't get the saddle. Now I wish I waited.

One annoyance so far: the ever increasing requirement to steal. Early on there was the opportunity to role play good Christian boy, but after a while it's just unavoidable and broke my RP a bit. Also had a guard in Rattay bug out that wouldn't stop attacking me even after I paid up to other guards. I knocked him out once to steal a key off him, I'm not sure if it was a bug or he just never forgot me but it was getting really annoying that even days later he would chase me which prompted all the other guards to do it as well. Unfortunately I had to lead him out to the bush and silence him for good. I felt kind of bummed after that, but at least no one attacks me in Rattay anymore lol.

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Just jumped onto Steam forums to find specific quest fixes and if anything is retroactive (like horse saddle if already completed Sport of Kings) and saw lots of complaints about combat changes. Apparently enemy archers are now brutal and enemies in armour are even harder, no more one hit kills if you’re really tank. Anyone tried the patch yet?

Edit: combat feels the same to me. Haven’t tried any well armoured dudes though. Peshek actually teaches me lockpicking and pickpocketing again so there have definitely been fixes. Unfortunately nothing is retroactive so no saddle :(

Last edited:
Patch 1.3 just went live. Can't find exact patch notes yet but apparently a whole heap of quest fixes. I just did the dumb horse race twice only like an hour ago because I didn't get the saddle. Now I wish I waited.

One annoyance so far: the ever increasing requirement to steal. Early on there was the opportunity to role play good Christian boy, but after a while it's just unavoidable and broke my RP a bit. Also had a guard in Rattay bug out that wouldn't stop attacking me even after I paid up to other guards. I knocked him out once to steal a key off him, I'm not sure if it was a bug or he just never forgot me but it was getting really annoying that even days later he would chase me which prompted all the other guards to do it as well. Unfortunately I had to lead him out to the bush and silence him for good. I felt kind of bummed after that, but at least no one attacks me in Rattay anymore lol.

Hopefully the console patch isn't far off. Got a few glitched quests I'm hoping get fixed. :p

I was looking up videos of other people doing stuff and came across this lol

Haha. I got a perk (can't remember which one) that does bonus damage to the head. Now every time I just go for a quick stab in the face and maybe 7/10 times, ends the fight instantly. I've beaten both the wayfaring knight and the other incompetent one using this method quite a few times.

Won a tough fight the other day too because my opponent bled to death (pretty sure there is another perk that gives you a greater chance to cause bleeding damage). He was charging after me and I was backing away as I was in a bad shape too and then he just plonked over from his mortal wounds. Won me a pretty awesome warhammer too which I've started trying to skill up by using on peasant bandits.

Had another funny one where I was fighting some thugs near a mill and just for laughs, I decided to surrender when it was just the last remaining goon and myself (had nearly full health). He accepted and as he was sheathing his weapon telling me to run away before he changed his mind, I sliced him in the face and ended him. People might address my Gunston as an honourable knight but he is far from with his thieving, stealth killing and underhanded tactics. :D

Brown_DOG68

All Australian
Jun 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Cincinnati Reds
Last night I got accosted by bandits. I simply unsheathed my sword and they surrendered....
I killed them anyway coz they were bandits.

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
I'm torn on 1.3 patch. I know what all the complaints are about now. Enemies seem to have unlimited stamina in order to make mid to late game combat harder as well as doing less damage against armour. So many times I've been in fights where I can block all of their attacks (with the perk that should also drain their stamina for it), riposte the last one, have them riposte me back, I again riposte, only for them to do it again and lay another whole combo on. When fighting 2 or 3 at the same time it's just a fight that can never end I end up reloading (I couldn't help myself after 50 hours and modding the files and am now save scumming lol) and trying again by seeing if I can take out more by stealth or get lucky with a headcracker.

Sep 7, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Manchester United
Basically hit a wall after 50 hours and just mainlined the story for the last 25 hours. Ended up being largely frustrated with the amount of fetching and investigating and just wanted to end the game.

I still very much enjoyed it though and will definitely come back for another playthrough in a year or so once the DLC is out and they've cleaned the game up. It has some fantastic ideas and i genuinely believe the combat is the best in an RPG in years. Ultimately the bugs ruin the experience though as, has been mentioned before, you've got to step lightly with every quest as there's more than likely going to be a quest breaking bug at some point to ruin it. I ended up with a bunch of unfinished quests even after 1.3 which is a shame, not that i had much want to play them anymore anyway.

END GAME SPOILERS:

Game ended pretty abruptly as well which was strange but i loved the last few set piece battles, felt like a proper fight. I thought Radzig would turn out to be bad but that never eventuated, at least not yet. Probably won't get the DLC straight away when it drops and i'd personally prefer they clean the game up before then because this is a mess.

Back