Vince good depth but not in the side.

FB: Hunt O McDonald Jetta
HB: Hibberd Lever Salem
C: Brayshaw Petracca Tyson
HF: Harmes Hogan ANB
FF: Melksham T McDonald Garlett
R: Gawn Oliver Viney

I/C: Hannan Fritsch Jones Lewis

It’s between Frost and OMac for mine, and Oscar is the better defender. I wonder if Fritsch and Hannan can play in the same side. Fritsch offers a lot around the wings. Stretch close.

Jetta, O-Mac, Hibberd
Hunt, Lever, Jones
Salem, Oliver, Melksham
Trac, Hogan, ANB
Fritsch, T-Mac, Jeffy
Gawn, Tyson, Viney
Lewis, Harmes, Brayshaw, Hannan

Presuming both Lewis and Viney are fit, however if not so long as Wagner doesn't play I should be happy.

B: Jetta - O.McDonald - Hibberd
HB: Lewis - Lever - Hunt
C: Neal-Bullen - Viney - Harmes
HF: Melksham - Hogan - Petracca
FF: Garlett, T.McDonald, Hannan
FOLL: Gawn - Jones - Oliver
INT: Tyson - Salem - Vince - Brayshaw - Fritsch
EMG: Bugg - Stretch - Frost

Yes I know I named 23.

Jetta OMac Hibberd
Hunt Lever Salem
Tyson Oliver Brayshaw
Harmes Hogan Melksham
Fritsch TMac Garlett
Gawn Viney Petracca
ANB Lewis Hannan Jones

lock it in.

B: Jetta OMac Lever
HB: Hibberd Frost Hunt
C: Harmes Oliver Jones
HF: Melksham Hogan Petracca
F: Garlett TMac Hannan
R: Gawn Viney Tyson
Int: Lewis Brayshaw Salem ANB

Notes:
Fritsch ******* unlucky
Frost in, important to free up Lever
Stretch deserves the wing slot, finds space, but Harmes just better currently
Wagner can stay the hell away
Vince good depth but not in the side.
Goodwin said post match Frtisch is hard not to name round 1.

And I agree.

FB: Jetta O McDonald Hibberd
HB: Lewis Lever Hunt
C: Salem Tyson Jones
HF: Petracca Hogan Melksham
FF: Hannan T McDonald Garlett

R: Gawn Oliver Viney

I/C: Neal-Bullen, Harmes, Brayshaw, Fritsch

Emergencies: Vince, Pedersen, Frost, Bugg.

Think the coaches still consider Bernie as best 22, however, so he’ll play if Viney doesn’t and may get named ahead of Fritsch if JV comes up.

Goodwin said post match Frtisch is hard not to name round 1.

And I agree.
For mine its between him and Frost. Still prefer Lever on the third tall.

Good problem to have though

We are in this up to our eyeballs as well IMO. Our closest-to-best side preseason just crapped on the Saints to the tune of nine goals in Q1. Everyone is talking about Richmond but we are red-hot.

Dees by 27.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Frost needs to play to free up Lever, he clearly played a lot better as the 3rd tall last night.
When was he the third tall? Oscar and Frost were never on the ground at the same time, unless you're talking about Lever being behind Hibberd

For mine its between him and Frost. Still prefer Lever on the third tall.

Good problem to have though

I think the combination of backs we play will depend on the opposition each week. For example against Geelong we have Oscar on Hawkins and Lever playing more free floating across in front of Hawkins. Frost doesn't need to play. Against teams playing two big forwards we have Oscar and Frost both in the side with Lever taking a third tall or playing free.

B: Jetta - OMac - Hibberd
HB: Lewis - Lever - Hunt
C: Neal-Bullen - Tyson - Harmes
HF: Melksham - Hogan - Petracca
FF: Fritsch, T.McDonald, Hannan
FOLL: Gawn - Viney - Oliver
INT: Vince - Jones - Brayshaw - Garlett
EMG: Bugg - Frost - Salem - Stretch

Between VInce and Lewis - if we have To chose an old fart surely Lewis is less of a liability

I think the combination of backs we play will depend on the opposition each week. For example against Geelong we have Oscar on Hawkins and Lever playing more free floating across in front of Hawkins. Frost doesn't need to play. Against teams playing two big forwards we have Oscar and Frost both in the side with Lever taking a third tall or playing free.
Lever needs to learn how to play KPD eventually - we didn't give up what we did for a tall back flanker/improved Colin Garland. Look at Rance - sure he has Astbury to play the majority lockdown role and release him to rebound, but he can also contend with Buddy himself when he needs to. I'm not saying Lever needs to become this immediately, but after 4 or 5 years in the system he should be tracking like Rance did

Lever needs to learn how to play KPD eventually - we didn't give up what we did for a tall back flanker/improved Colin Garland. Look at Rance - sure he has Astbury to play the majority lockdown role and release him to rebound, but he can also contend with Buddy himself when he needs to. I'm not saying Lever needs to become this immediately, but after 4 or 5 years in the system he should be tracking like Rance did

He's year 4 now and missed year 1 due to his knee...and he's tracking better than Rance on the stat sheet. Not concerned.

He's year 4 now and missed year 1 due to his knee...and he's tracking better than Rance on the stat sheet. Not concerned.
Yeah but I don't care about the stat sheet. We didn't recruit Lever to pick up stats, we recruited him to play as a key defender and comparing their statistial progression doesn't really indicate if he's going to be able to emulate Rance's current playing style. He just needs practice and training in a KPD role, even if there's some short term pain.

B: Jetta OMac Lever
HB: Hibberd Frost Hunt
C: ANB Oliver Jones
HF: Melksham Hogan Petracca
F: Garlett TMac Hannan
R: Gawn Viney Tyson
Int: Lewis Fritsch Salem Harmes

Brayshaw unlucky but I think Harmes has earned a spot ahead of him. I'd really like to see him get a solid block of games in a row under his belt. Completely dominate the VFL before coming back in. He has the potential to be amazing. If Viney doesnt get up for the game Id put Vince in for the mature body against Danger and co. Thought about putting Vince or Bug in as a tagger but which one of the *ers do you even tag?

I wouldn’t be surprised if we don’t play Frost considering how Hawkins-centric Geelongs forward setup is.

Hawkins is a big test for Omac, last time we played Geelong Hawkins was the difference and pretty sure he averages career best goals per game vs us. If we keep him to 3 or less I think we definitely win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back