AFL Club
Fremantle
Sense of humour too.
8C6917E8-6664-4887-B26B-0DE48DCE6D66.jpeg

Sep 29, 2008
Between the lines.
AFL Club
West Coast
Not disputing that you picked up some interesting players, but strange moves all the same.
The same every year.

I'v been wanting Banfield since 2016 when my mate watched him perform well at the state combine, likewise Liam Ryan.

We didn't take either as a rookie. We then used a second rounder on Ryan and missed Banfield who will be anywhere from solid to a gun.

WC have stuffed so many pics in the last however long, Im used to them doing it.

mike91

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 13, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
The same every year.

I'v been wanting Banfield since 2016 when my mate watched him perform well at the state combine, likewise Liam Ryan.

We didn't take either as a rookie. We then used a second rounder on Ryan and missed Banfield who will be anywhere from solid to a gun.

WC have stuffed so many pics in the last however long, Im used to them doing it.
Comment needs more Tom Lamb

May 15, 2006
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
The Cobblers who do the Cobbling
The same every year.

On the flip side you took McGovern as a rookie, as we looked on in disgust :thumbsu:

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
The same every year.

I've thought that you guys telegraph your moves a bit too much which ends up in Geelong snatching Kelly type scenarios , followed by a little bit of panic drafting from your side instead of doing the obvious (Lamb).

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
No, it wasn't. Sorry to be a d*ck, but Blakely went two picks later.
Haha, yes quite right. Actually interesting looking through that draft because it seems like quite a few of the later picks are doing quite well.

The other thing worth noting is we did prefer Blakely to Mitch McGovern. A fair enough call imo, but an alternative universe has Blakely at WC and McGovern at the Dockers. And who knows, we'd be banging the shite out about Blakeley's disposal and they'd be talking about the lesser McGovern.

freoextra

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 2, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Football Club
No no - these are important points of detail if we’re going to troll WC!

Big wraps for Bailey from Fyfe in today's paper.

Said that the new player that has surprised the most has been Bailey. His training performances, speed, size basically everything about him shouts a player who is desperate to make it and probably will.

Also says that our high draft picks in Brayshaw and Cerra are doing exactly what they should and will be hopefully 200 game players and will play this year.

So that is 3 debuts we can all pencil in with another 2, I reckon, will happen later into the year (based on past years and injuries).

This team will be different this year but massively different next year I reckon - and that's when it starts getting exciting - I hope.

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
So that is 3 debuts we can all pencil in with another 2, I reckon, will happen later into the year (based on past years and injuries).
Yep Brayshaw and Banfield will play round 1. Cerra will be next. Then I am predicting Crowden and Switkowski. The rest probably depend a bit on injuries - like Meek/Jones. Don't think we'll see North, Dixon and Giro but can see them debuting in 2019.

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Yep Brayshaw and Banfield will play round 1. Cerra will be next. Then I am predicting Crowden and Switkowski. The rest probably depend a bit on injuries - like Meek/Jones. Don't think we'll see North, Dixon and Giro but can see them debuting in 2019.
Meek or Jones should be developing their forward credentials.

I think by the end of the year all those you named will have debuted.

Sep 30, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Freo and Bulldogs, ManU
Their list is badly unbalanced
They’re very light midfield so they pick up. Two midsized forwards early.
Their rucks are injury prone.
Small forwards are injury prone and flashy but not solid.

They seriously lack class off half back.
Who knows what Hamish Brayshaw May bring, but I’ve seen Tim Kelly and Banfield and hoo boy...their early picks may screw them for years

We addressed every single one of our needs and topped up with high class mids. And we have a first round and Carter in the sheds.

Pretty happy to be honest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back