Switch Super Smash Bros

Remove this Banner Ad

But is it a deluxe version of 4 or a new one?

It looks like BOTW link. Surely if it was a new entry it would need more time than 2018 release would provide.

Either way, with crash trilogy porting to switch they are missing a chance to use him for smash. Which would be funny considering the Sony status you would think he has as a mascot of the past.

Then chuck in an arms character and bring ice climbers back.

It will have been 4 years between Smash 4 and now. Which is probably the bare minimum amount of time for Nintendo to knock out a new Smash.

But I would be assuming upgraded port until proven otherwise to avoid getting your hopes up.

Given the quality of the Smash 4 roster with Mega Man, Pacman, Ryu & Cloud I wouldn't put it past Nintendo getting someone like Crash. Unless Sony wrote it into the N.Sane Trilogy timed exclusive deal I don't think there would be anything stopping Activision licensing him to Nintendo for the game.

It's obviously a new one. The question is how involved this guy is going to be:
1520569958661.png

New developer as well, not Bandai Namco who made Smash 4.
Co-develper*.

Sora Ltd is always the main developer.

It will have been 4 years between Smash 4 and now. Which is probably the bare minimum amount of time for Nintendo to knock out a new Smash.
Melee took less than a year to make.

Last edited:
Melee took less than a year to make.

Brawl and the WiiU/3DS double header both took a lot longer than that.

I believe them that it's coming this year, will probably be out around the same time as their paid online service goes live.

I believe them that it's coming this year, will probably be out around the same time as their paid online service goes live.

So September/ October

What's to say they haven't been working on it for ages? Surely when Nintendo make a new console they have a few things locked in mario zelda smash Mario kart

Seems like it'll be a new game. I'm guessing in a similar style to Splatoon 2, the game engine doesnt need to be overhauled so the misinformed casuals will claim it's a port.

Reveal trailer was amazing, Link and Mario be like "You're going to die kid"

Would be suprised if this doesnt release to coincide with the paid online service.
d3d23ee7dd19bafdc289ff81b726e91e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, and? The point is they can make a new Smash in less than 5 years.

They might start with a smaller cast then go the whole add characters with updates route like Overwatch does.

Yes, and? The point is they can make a new Smash in less than 5 years.

They might start with a smaller cast then go the whole add characters with updates route like Overwatch does.

They are more recent examples of the development time on a Smash game and would be more relevant examples of the dev time on a modern Smash game. But if you look at my more recent posts I said that I think it is probably a new game now.

If they add new characters after the release they'll be paid characters like Smash 4 was with Cloud, Bayo, etc.

What new characters do we all want?

I have a decent size wish list.

Waluigi
Daisy
Dry Bowser

Funky Kong
Dixie Kong
King K.Rool

Midna
Impa
Zant

Dark Samus

Chrom
Azura

Viridi
Medusa

Shadow
Dr. Eggman

Jeane

Crash
Coco (I'm fine with her being an alternate costume but I'd rather her have her own character slot)

Shovel Knight

Shantae

Bomberman

I know it won't happen it's just a wish list.

I'm also okay with half of them being clones.

I have a decent size wish list.

Waluigi
Daisy
Dry Bowser

Funky Kong
Dixie Kong
King K.Rool

Midna
Impa
Zant

Dark Samus

Chrom
Azura

Viridi
Medusa

Shadow
Dr. Eggman

Jeane

Crash
Coco (I'm fine with her being an alternate costume but I'd rather her have her own character slot)

Shovel Knight

Shantae

Bomberman

I know it won't happen it's just a wish list.

I'm also okay with half of them being clones.
Midna + Wolf Link combo :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back