AFL Player's Top 50 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

fletchisgun

Debutant
Apr 12, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
afl.com.au has put out 50-21 of the player's Top 50.

50. Nicnat
49. Laird
48. Wines
47. Treloar
46. Sidebottom
45. Higgins
44. Scully
43. Ross
42. Rampe
41. May
40. Heppell
39. Walters
38. Burgoyne
37. Bradley Hill
36. Hannebery
35. Marc Murphy
34. Hurley
33. Jeremy McGovern
32. Oliver
31. Jeremy Cameron
30. Ward
29. Matt Crouch
28. Cyril Rioli
27. Cripps
26. Beams
25. Gawn
24. Parker
23. Cotchin
22. Shiel
21. Greene

20 spots left, who will take them? And in what order?

I can see a group of 23, with 3 likely to be very stiff.

Martin
Dangerfield
Fyfe
Ablett
Selwood
Franklin
Rance
Daniher
Gray
Josh Kennedy X 2
Tom Lynch
Sloane
Pendlebury
Bontempelli
Tom Mitchell
Zorko
Hibberd
Ryder
Josh Kelly
Merrett
Ben Brown
Betts

My guess is Ryder, Lynch? and Hibberd.

Neale, Duncan, Yeo, Wingard, Viney, Jones, Jack Riewoldt and Gibbs ll will be stiff to miss top 50 too.

Ablett misses surely if this is based on output last year. Still a gun though.

Hibberd and Merrett to miss too. But it is hard.

Ablett shouldn't be anywhere near the top 50.

It would be like Tony Lockett coming out of retirement and people instantly rating him a top 10 player in the league, not taking into consideration his age and only remembering how good he was 25 years ago.

Ablett misses surely if this is based on output last year. Still a gun though.

Hibberd and Merrett to miss too. But it is hard.
If NicNat is 50, Ablett has to be top 50 as well. He did win GC's B&F.....having said that I don't think Ablett or NicNat should be in top 50

Now we only have to wait 7 weeks as they inevitably drag out the process of naming the top 20.

It would be like Tony Lockett coming out of retirement and people instantly rating him a top 10 player in the league, not taking into consideration his age and only remembering how good he was 25 years ago.
Didn’t see his games last year or just don’t know footy?

Surprised players don't rate Docherty.

I guess it's because he is out for the entire year. Big out for us since he instigated play and was the reason for most of our rebounding and scoring.

The players seem to have done pretty well. Lots of outside mids is interesting. Players value them. Probably because they can't run with them.

I think Ryder and Ben Brown miss. In terms of pecking order of the rucks I'm not sure Ryder gets in ahead of Gawn and Nic Nat (who maybe shouldn't be in but if he is included at his best). Same with Brown. Kennedy, Franklin, Lynch and Daniher top 20 AND Brown? Seems too many key forwards. Brown, Cameron, Jack Riewoldt should be around the 30-50 mark (as should Lynch on last years form) though but it's so hard to leave guys out.

Laird the only flanker so I'm guessing Hibberd misses too.

top 3 freaks: Martin, Danger, Fyfe
top 5 freak talls: Franklin, Rance
best of the best mids (not in order): Ablett, Pendles, Selwood, Bont, Gray, Zorko, Swans Kennedy
goal kickers: Eagles Kennedy, Daniher, Betts
In vogue mids: Sloane, Merrett, Kelly, Mitchell
money man: Lynch

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sure, only difference is Ablett is an active player who managed 33 possesions a game and 14 Brownlow votes last year.

But totally similar.

On what basis does Nic Nat get in the top 50?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back