Pendlebury injured, cooked, as good as ever or just getting better?

Where is he at in 2018?

• Injured

• Cooked

• As good as ever

• Just keeps getting better

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Dec 10, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
Richmond
Guy has been a superstar of the game but last year suffered through injury. Is he not back to 100% because he has played in both JLT games and he just looks cooked. You would think it would be easier for him with plenty of support in that midfield. Hopefully just taking time to get back to full fitness and can again show the skills he has that makes everyone around him look like they are in slow motion.

30 years old, not injured, just time spares noone. He is in a middle/lower rung side right now, if he was playing for Richmond he would be flying...what I mean is, he is still quality but he can no longer carry a team on his shoulders, needs more support at Collingwood.

30 years old, not injured, just time spares noone. He is in a middle/lower rung side right now, if he was playing for Richmond he would be flying...what I mean is, he is still quality but he can no longer carry a team on his shoulders, needs more support at Collingwood.

A quick and sad demise if it’s the game passing him by. If nothing else, Collingwood have a great midfield so shouldn’t have to do much carrying, should be able to shine by adding some polish and class.

Anyway, hope it’s just a process of regaining some match fitness after injuries last year and will soon be back to his best.

just an aside cause I cant be bothered making a new thread...Steele Sidebottom, 27 yo in his prime, if Collingwood doesnt improve this year, what's his contract status? He has a premiership medal as a 19 yo, would he seek other options to enjoy a second premiership before Father Time comes a knocking?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

just an aside cause I cant be bothered making a new thread...Steele Sidebottom, 27 yo in his prime, if Collingwood doesnt improve this year, what's his contract status? He has a premiership medal as a 19 yo, would he seek other options to enjoy a second premiership before Father Time comes a knocking?
Signed a 5 year contract extension in 2016. He is signed until the end of 2021. Just as well you didn’t make that new thread, as he’s going nowhere.

He’s slowing down with age - noticed the first signs of that happening to Nathan Jones Thursday evening against the Saints - though I’m surprised he held up as well as he did considering he spend the best years of his career as the sole competent midfielder in one of the worst teams to ever grace senior level in any state + level football competition.

He’s slowing down with age - noticed the first signs of that happening to Nathan Jones Thursday evening against the Saints - though I’m surprised he held up as well as he did considering he spend the best years of his career as the sole competent midfielder in one of the worst teams to ever grace senior level in any state + level football competition.

Only you would turn a thread about a Collingwood champion into a 'look at my side' post.

Pathetic.

I think it's a bit of both injury and age. His body has been playing a game where his body gets battered every week. As time goes on it will take it's toll and recovering from injury will take longer. I think he still can find form and be a good player, but I think he won't reach the peak he once was capable.

Back