Club Legend
Mar 14, 2004
ESSENDON
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
ESSENDON
NOT including your own team.

1. Melbourne Vs Geelong - probably the closest match between two likely finalists in 2018. Can the Dees get off to a good start?

2. Hawthorn Vs Collingwood - two teams I'm guessing to be around the same mark this year. Expecting to push for a position in the 8. Hawks will they bounce back from 2017 and what will we see from the Pies in 2018?

3. Gold Coast Vs North Melbourne - Interested to see how Stewart Dew goes as coach of a battling club.

4. GWS Vs Western Bulldogs - Have had a bit of a history these two teams. Wouldn't surprise me if the Dogs got up.

5. St Kilda Vs Brisbane - Lions are expected (even by the players) to be big improvers in 2018. St Kilda won't want to drop their first home game.

6. West Coast Vs Sydney - New stadium but don't see the Swans dropping this one even away from home.

7. Richmond Vs Carlton - 1st game of the new season, but, likely same boring game to begin. Richmond fest and one I won't take much intereset in.

8. Port Adelaide Vs Fremantle - Power will likely be top of the ladder after Round 1. Enough said.

1. Essendon v Adelaide: Game of the round with two likely finals sides.
2. Hawthorn v Collingwood: Two traditional big clubs looking to climb back up the ladder. Should be a close game.
3. GWS v Western Bulldogs: Interested to see if the Dogs can climb back after a down season
4. West Coast v Sydney: New stadium. Enough said.
5. Port Adelaide v Fremantle: Will be intriguing to see how Port's new talent fare and if they're looking the real deal.
6. Richmond v Carlton: Season opener. Definition of meh contest.
7. St.Kilda v Brisbane: Scratch that. Two non finals clubs is the definition of meh.
8. Gold Coast v North Melbourne: See above but even more sucky.

9. Richmond v Carlton - Because Carlton. Isn't every game featuring my team the least interesting?

At least that what past experiences in such threads have shown to me.
No, your lot are just boring when they play Friday Night games.

1. Hawthorn vs Collingwood. Just to see where we are at mostly. I think our round 1 performance will say a lot about how our year will play out.
2. Essendon vs Adelaide. Huge Friday night blockbuster.
3. Geelong vs Melbourne. The Demons are relevant again. Although with potentially no Danger and Ablett for Geelong, we may not get a real indictor of where both sides sit.
4. GWS vs Dogs. My favourite modern rivalry after the Cats/Hawks. Only reason it's 4th is because it's being played early Sunday afternoon in Canberra. Play this at Etihad with the hostile Dogs fans baying for the blood of Greene, Ward and Griffin and it's an automatic top 2.
5. St.Kilda vs Brisbane. The Lions might suprise a few. Could actually be an even-money game. Still not sure if the Saints have improved from last season.
6. West Coast vs Sydney. Entirely for the new stadium.
7. Gold Coast vs North Melbourne. I guess it will be nice to see two strugglers knowing at least one of them will start the season off with a win.
8. Richmond vs Carlton. Actually pretty over this game kicking off the season every year. Not sure why this is a permanent fixture.
9. Power vs Fremantle. Don't have a lot of hope for the Dockers this season unfortunately.

1. Melbourne v Geelong - I reckon the Dees can be the real deal this year and they’d love to win this. Won’t get to see the greatest ever assembled midfield in the history of midfields here sadly.

2. West Coast v Sydney - Sucker for an AFL stadium launch. Expecting the swans to be comfortable.

3. Richmond v Carlton - This game is like when you’ve waited way too long for your food to come and you scoff it down even if it’s pretty average. Carlton impressed me in the JLT and we shall see if the Tigers continue to dominate.

4. Hawthorn v Collingwood - genuine 50/50 both teams will wanna start well.

5. Port Adelaide v Fremantle - suddenly more interesting after Freo’s form tonight. Interested to see ports recruits and star FF Jack Watts.

6. St Kilda v Brisbane - keen to see how Brisbane improve it’ll this year. Hard to get a read on the saints so far.

7. GWS v Bulldogs - hopefully it’s close but expecting the Giants to win well.

8. Gold Coast v North - could be close, dew’s first game

1) Essendon v Adelaide. Huge game, going to be great.
2) GWS v Bulldogs. Always heated.
3) Port v Freo. I have Freo as a smoky for the eight, look to have some real form and Tabs has finally come on.
4) Richmond v Carlton - because footy's back, thank god.
5) West Coast v Sydney - think Sydney will roflstomp the Eagles.
6) Hawthorn v Collingwood - I will struggle to care
7) Gold Coast v North - battle of the spoon
8) St Kilda v Brisbane - literally cannot care.

1. Melbourne v Geelong. Please no more injuries. Already disappointed Viney and probably Danger are out. Tipping these two sides to be top 4. Fall-out will be huge if one flops.
2. GWS v Western Bulldogs. Almost equal first. Good little footballing rivalry here, based on close finals and big on-field talking points, not just proximity in location.
3. Essendon v Adelaide - not too far behind the first 2. Top 8 contenders. Not sure it has the same fiery potential though which makes it 3rd for me.

4. Hawthorn v Collingwood - will be interesting to see how these clubs start their years, big year for both clubs (although different reasons - players for Hawthorn if they clean out further based on poor results, Bucks for the Pies)

5. Eagles/Swans new stadium and a top contender in Sydney

6. Gold Coast v North - two sides who need something badly. Can they deliver early - I imagine the loser will have any hopes of a revival this season smashed to pieces.

7. St Kilda v Brisbane - I expect Saints to win relatively easily but Brisbane are an upset threat at Etihad, just need to not start so slow

8. Port v Freo - as nice as Freo have been to watch this pre season I refuse to believe it can translate into beating a much better team on paper. Port really should win comfortably.

1. Essendon vs Adelaide

2. Melbourne Vs Geelong

3. GWS Vs Western Bulldogs

4. Hawthorn Vs Collingwood

5. Gold Coast Vs North Melbourne

6. West Coast Vs Sydney

7. Port Adelaide Vs Fremantle

8. St Kilda Vs Brisbane

8. Richmond vs Carlton. Actually pretty over this game kicking off the season every year. Not sure why this is a permanent fixture.

Look at the crowd numbers, and that will answer your question.

Right or wrong, while the 2 clubs keep drawing big crowds, they'll keep getting the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. Melbourne v Geelong - This is a good looking match although there will be some gun players missing. Still 2 likely finals teams going at it.

2. GWS v Bulldogs - Rivalry + can the Bulldogs get back to their 2016 form.

3. Richmond v Carlton - First game of footy for the year its exciting no matter what. I would love to witness the melt if Carlton were to win. It would be spectacular. Realistically I'll have turned it off half way through the game and be thinking about Essendon vs Adelaide the following night but who knows. Will be a massive crowd.

4. Port Adelaide v Fremantle - I've got a feeling about Freo this year. This is going to be a tough match though. Port Adelaide have their high profile recruits and look set to emerge as a genuine contender this year. They also really belted weaker sides last year. A great test to see Freo's mettle early in the season.

5. Hawthorn v Collingwood - 2 teams that are probably hoping to sneak into the 8 but most people would have them outside. A true 50-50 contest.

6. West Coast v Sydney - New Stadium Launch. Will Sydney bring some early season form this time around? I reckon they will do it in a canter. Would be good to see Naitanui if he plays.

7. Gold Coast v North - Curious to see how Gold Coast's strong JLT form translates in the real season. Ultimately though this is probably an early contest to avoid the wooden spoon.

8. St Kilda v Brisbane - Not much to get excited about for this one. St.Kilda just don't really appeal to me and I don't believe in their current list build. Brisbane are an improving side but 1 year away from really jumping up the ladder imo.

1. Essendon v Adelaide: Should be a fun match between two pretty attacking line ups. Would think at ES both teams will top 100 points.
2. GWS v Western Bulldogs: Should be another entertaining attacking match up. I feel both teams will finish top 6 this season.
3. West Coast v Sydney: Just to see which full forward goes nuts and scores the most goals. Will be interesting to see how WCE and Freo go at the new stadium and what sort of advantage they will have there.
4. Port Adelaide v Fremantle: Both have had decent preseasons, will be interesting to see how Ports new players mesh in.
5. Gold Coast v North Melbourne: Will be good to watch what Dew gets out of this team and they looked good last week in the heat V Geelong so I hope they bring that game plan and intensity V North.
6. Hawthorn v Collingwood: 1 win each against each other last season, not tight matches but might be a better match up this year.
7. Richmond v Carlton: Blowout, Richmond will have this done by half time.
8. St.Kilda v Brisbane: Blowout, and probably average skills from Brisbane. Won't be pretty or exciting unless you support St Kilda.

Bonus: Geelong to roll Melbourne by 22 points.

1. Hawthorn vs Collingwood. Just to see where we are at mostly. I think our round 1 performance will say a lot about how our year will play out.
2. Essendon vs Adelaide. Huge Friday night blockbuster.
3. Geelong vs Melbourne. The Demons are relevant again. Although with potentially no Danger and Ablett for Geelong, we may not get a real indictor of where both sides sit.
4. GWS vs Dogs. My favourite modern rivalry after the Cats/Hawks. Only reason it's 4th is because it's being played early Sunday afternoon in Canberra. Play this at Etihad with the hostile Dogs fans baying for the blood of Greene, Ward and Griffin and it's an automatic top 2.
5. St.Kilda vs Brisbane. The Lions might suprise a few. Could actually be an even-money game. Still not sure if the Saints have improved from last season.
6. West Coast vs Sydney. Entirely for the new stadium.
7. Gold Coast vs North Melbourne. I guess it will be nice to see two strugglers knowing at least one of them will start the season off with a win.
9. Power vs Fremantle. Don't have a lot of hope for the Dockers this season unfortunately.
Might wanna check the thread title.

1. Melbourne vs Geelong

2. Essendon vs Adelaide

3. GWS vs Western Bulldogs

4. St Kilda vs Brisbane

5. Port Adelaide vs Fremantle

6. West Coast vs Sydney

7. Richmond vs Carlton

8. Gold Coast vs North Melbourne

1. Melbourne vs Geelong
2. GWS v Western Bulldogs
3. Richmond v Carlton
4. Hawthorn v Collingwood
5. Port Adelaide v Fremantle
6. West Coast v Sydney
7. Gold Coast v North Melbourne
8. St.Kilda v Brisbane

1. Melbourne v Geelong - I reckon the Dees can be the real deal this year and they’d love to win this. Won’t get to see the greatest ever assembled midfield in the history of midfields here sadly.

2. West Coast v Sydney - Sucker for an AFL stadium launch. Expecting the swans to be comfortable.

3. Richmond v Carlton - This game is like when you’ve waited way too long for your food to come and you scoff it down even if it’s pretty average. Carlton impressed me in the JLT and we shall see if the Tigers continue to dominate.

4. Hawthorn v Collingwood - genuine 50/50 both teams will wanna start well.

5. Port Adelaide v Fremantle - suddenly more interesting after Freo’s form tonight. Interested to see ports recruits and star FF Jack Watts.

6. St Kilda v Brisbane - keen to see how Brisbane improve it’ll this year. Hard to get a read on the saints so far.

7. GWS v Bulldogs - hopefully it’s close but expecting the Giants to win well.

8. Gold Coast v North - could be close, dew’s first game
good post. id obviousy have my teams game at the top but the rest are about right for mine. Adelaide vs Ess at number 3

Giants v Bulldogs- These games are always willing, niggly, contested ball showpieces and the giants' injury list evens up the contest

Essendon v Adelaide- Defeated grand finalists typically win their first game and the dons have been hyped up to the nth degree so I'm looking forward to a ripping game at a packed out Docklands

Melbourne v Geelong- Expecting a fired up dees side to make a big statement here. The margin won't be close but the red & blue are great to watch when everything clicks

Port v Fremantle- This has the potential to be the closest game of the round. W.A. teams handle the Adelaide Oval pretty well and Fyfe looks set to explode after a huge pre season

Richmond v Carlton- Two traditional rivals to kick things off. No pressure on the blues who could well provide a contest for 3 quarters

West Coast v Sydney- It's all about the new stadium innit?

I've delibrately left out my team's fixture and I have close to zero interest in the other 2 games

richmond v carlton as im going so that has to be number 1
melbourne v geelong see how good the dees are this yr and see how deep geelongs midfeild bat
essendon v adelaide see how hard they come out after the granny
the rest are so so but glad the footys back

carn the mighty tiges

Remove this Banner Ad

Back