Strength Weight Training: Anything and Everything II

Remove this Banner Ad

Count the bar, but if you are bragging about the weight and you are using a lighter bar then you must be clear about that.

I never counted the bar back when I was using 'standard' weights (I think the bars I had varied from 7-9kg) but since I bought an Olympic set with a 20kg bar I've always counted it.

Wait, really? I always got told when you talk numbers you just talk weight added to the bar.
i always count the bar, but it also reminds me to check the weight of the bar

we have some bars at my gym that are not labelled, I have been seen checking weight on scales, thats how I found out one of the bars was a completely random 17.5kg

gotta work that out or I'm going to think I'm doing PBs when the bar is lighter

Last Friday I bashed up my hip skating and couldn’t squat at all last week.
Then yesterday I knocked myself out and couldn’t train this morning.
This is coming off a fortnight of not training due to 6:30 starts at work.

Feel like my gains have slipped away lol

Last Friday I bashed up my hip skating and couldn’t squat at all last week.
Then yesterday I knocked myself out and couldn’t train this morning.
This is coming off a fortnight of not training due to 6:30 starts at work.

Feel like my gains have slipped away lol

I saw your video on insta, nasty stuff.

Interesting I saw during the week a group of people who have some cycling group want to get rid of the law that says it’s mandatory to wear helmets.

Interesting I saw during the week a group of people who have some cycling group want to get rid of the law that says it’s mandatory to wear helmets.

Kinda lucky I had the vid otherwise I would’ve just been missing 4-5 hours with no idea why lol

I’m on the fence about that. There’s a couple of short trips near home where I barely touch the roads as there’s some bike paths to the shops. Wouldn’t wear a helmet for those but otherwise I’d definitely wear one voluntarily. The argument is a bit like seat belts in cars, and iirc the statistics on that are pretty comprehensive that making them mandatory coincided with a sharp decrease in fatalities.
I never wore a helmet when I was living in San Diego, but again most of my riding was on quite residential streets or the boardwalk along the beach. (Drivers also seemed to be more accepting of cyclists)

There’s two sides to that argument, I’d never, ever ride without one but if someone wants to roll down to the shops for some milk without one I don’t think it’s a big deal. They also think the uplift in people cycling would be massive if the helmet laws weren’t mandatory.

There’s two sides to that argument, I’d never, ever ride without one but if someone wants to roll down to the shops for some milk without one I don’t think it’s a big deal. They also think the uplift in people cycling would be massive if the helmet laws weren’t mandatory.

I'm paraphrasing here but they were also debating whether helmets actually worked

Iirc they don’t do *that* much to stop concussion/brain trauma but help secondary injuries eg a fractured skull
Would have to do some more reading/research to confirm

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At Crossfit we always count the bar. They're 20 kilos FFS.

Blaine Sumner 225lb/100kg bench press for 69 reps . . . On a footpath lol

Gotta admire the running backs in the NFL who can do 100kgs for 20+ reps, 40 yard dashes in 4-5 seconds, standing verticals of 36-40 inches, and standing broad jumps of 3.5+ metres.

Just crazy athletic ability.

Chest touch is fine - can't get lower.

My max reps at 100kg is 3 :$

I can do 3-4 at 100kg where each rep is a decent struggle. Seeing blokes pump it out effortlessly is something I'd love to be able to do

I can do 3-4 at 100kg where each rep is a decent struggle. Seeing blokes pump it out effortlessly is something I'd love to be able to do
Ja, although there's probably people looking at a 3 rep set at 100kg thinking they'd love to be able to do that!

I'm in a lower weight / higher rep phase at the moment so could well build up to something better. 3 x 10 x 75 Monday which is a decent progression.

Basically my thoughts on planned deloads.

“This is why I think set de-loads are so dumb. Deloads should happen automatically – it’s called having a life. You get sick, you go on vacation, your kids get sick, your boss makes you work late, your wife throws you out -- if you don’t have an accidental life deload then you don’t have a ******* life!”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back