Peel Thunder 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

I only saw the first half but was impressed by how Cerra worked into the game... Excited on his future. Crowden presented well but as mentioned made some simple mistakes, Jones seems to be more of a presence than Darcy. Those were my highlights.

Clearly a few of them were underdone (looking at you Hughes) but will be better for it.

Noticed a number of the Freo guys attending, and Apeness was there as well ... If only he could get on the park!

I thought North was involved but wasn't clean, Giro was active but not sure he will cut it at AFA level, Naihaus bobbed up, pity the big S wasn't there and Dixon did a few things to take notice. Didn't really notice Swata, Duman and the others mentioned...

Defintely a pre season game as Claremont were low on skills at times too. Wish I had Ross' commentary for the game !!

I tried to get there but the voice detection on Google Maps was screwing me around...

Me: "Claremont Oval"
Google Maps: "Did you say Natainui?"
Me: "No, CLAREMONT OVAL"
Google Maps: "Oh you meant Nic Natainui?"
Me: "CLAREMONT FOOTBALL CLUB"
Google Maps: "Did you say Nic Nat?"
Me: "NO I WANT TO GO WATCH PEEL AT CLAREMONT F****** OVAL YOU F****** PIECE OF S***"
Google Maps: "Directing you to East Fremantle Oval to watch Nic Naitanui"

Get Cerra into the firsts. Like hearing of him delivering inside 50. That's what he was drafted to do. Crowden should be in too.

My nephew played for Peel colts today and spoke super highly of Cerra.A team mate of his played against Cerra last year and he said Cerra's foot passing is elite.
Pretty pleased about hearing those kind of comments.

My nephew played for Peel colts today and spoke super highly of Cerra.A team mate of his played against Cerra last year and he said Cerra's foot passing is elite.
Pretty pleased about hearing those kind of comments.
This is what he brings. Elite foot skills and tough inside. Serious gun who won’t play much WAFL

Can't be unhappy having Cerra on the list and the sooner he settles and gets his fitness to the level, the better. Sounds like that won't be long at all. The overheard coaches comments revealed a clear intention to keep the rebuild in motion. Confident that all of Cerra, Crowden, North and Switkowski will get a llok in, and quite possibly Dixon too. Top reporting guys.

I did actually manage to get there and watch 3 quarters (missed the first). Not much to add on top of everyone else's excellent reports.

Cerra
was just as classy at stoppages as last time I watched him. Crowden probably wasn't as clean as his last game for Peel but some of his tackling was pretty phenomenal. I think he must have read my post a few days back where I said he was more outside on the inside because he somewhat proved me wrong by doing plenty in and under work today - won a lot of football and stopped a lot of attacks. I noticed North a lot more today than last time. His disposal is a bit hit and miss but apart from that he looks a really good mid and he can definitely hoof it. Giro can just run and chase all day. Has a good base to start from but will take time.

Thought Jones was excellent. He didn't take many marks but he contested again and again and again, in the air and on the ground, often against two or more opponents. Darcy clearly needs to build based on today but that's not a bad thing - some of his tap work was still pretty special.

Can see Dixon developing a heap at Peel this season. Needs to contest a bit stronger in the air but he did this impressive ground ball pickup that most mids would struggle to do, and a couple of his kicks were excellent that I saw. There is a massive list of things he needs to work on but the snippets are exciting imo. Thought Switkowski showed again why we drafted him. His defensive forward work is very good and he is just so calm and professional out there. Will debut this season - lock it in.

In the second half I thought Nyhuis and Duman intercepted quite a lot and rebounded well. Hughes will be fine in a couple of weeks but certainly not his best work in front of Ross. Although Sheridan wouldn't have won over too many coaches either with his random bombs inside 50.

The Peel guys were a mixed bag. Plenty of fumbles/mistakes that resulted in turnovers but they mostly all played their roles pretty well. Will be interesting to see how they go vs Subi next weekend.

Good to see Alex Pearce, Strnadica, Banfield, Apeness and Meek in the stands.

Apologies Kenny_01, I should have really come over and said hi. And others for that matter. Pretty sure most of the Peel side of the stands minus coaches and players was BF people :) Was the guy sitting with Ross, Simon Eastaugh? I know Rock and Prior were sitting directly behind the players so am assuming it was him?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sucks that this isn't getting much attention from Fremantle. I mean how hard is it to send an intern down to post score updates on twitter.
If it is that important to you why didn't you go to the game

Sucks that this isn't getting much attention from Fremantle. I mean how hard is it to send an intern down to post score updates on twitter.
Almost as hard as uploading the replay of Fremantle v West Coast last week which was streamed live. Not only was it pathetic that they didn't upload it, they didn't even upload a highlights video like they said they would! Clubs media is truly s**t, I mean it's actually ridiculous how useless our paid media staff are.

I did actually manage to get there and watch 3 quarters (missed the first). Not much to add on top of everyone else's excellent reports.

Cerra
was just as classy at stoppages as last time I watched him. Crowden probably wasn't as clean as his last game for Peel but some of his tackling was pretty phenomenal. I think he must have read my post a few days back where I said he was more outside on the inside because he somewhat proved me wrong by doing plenty in and under work today - won a lot of football and stopped a lot of attacks. I noticed North a lot more today than last time. His disposal is a bit hit and miss but apart from that he looks a really good mid and he can definitely hoof it. Giro can just run and chase all day. Has a good base to start from but will take time.

Thought Jones was excellent. He didn't take many marks but he contested again and again and again, in the air and on the ground, often against two or more opponents. Darcy clearly needs to build based on today but that's not a bad thing - some of his tap work was still pretty special.

Can see Dixon developing a heap at Peel this season. Needs to contest a bit stronger in the air but he did this impressive ground ball pickup that most mids would struggle to do, and a couple of his kicks were excellent that I saw. There is a massive list of things he needs to work on but the snippets are exciting imo. Thought Switkowski showed again why we drafted him. His defensive forward work is very good and he is just so calm and professional out there. Will debut this season - lock it in.

In the second half I thought Nyhuis and Duman intercepted quite a lot and rebounded well. Hughes will be fine in a couple of weeks but certainly not his best work in front of Ross. Although Sheridan wouldn't have won over too many coaches either with his random bombs inside 50.

The Peel guys were a mixed bag. Plenty of fumbles/mistakes that resulted in turnovers but they mostly all played their roles pretty well. Will be interesting to see how they go vs Subi next weekend.

Good to see Alex Pearce, Strnadica, Banfield, Apeness and Meek in the stands.

Apologies Kenny_01, I should have really come over and said hi. And others for that matter. Pretty sure most of the Peel side of the stands minus coaches and players was BF people :) Was the guy sitting with Ross, Simon Eastaugh? I know Rock and Prior were sitting directly behind the players so am assuming it was him?

Any news on Strnadica? Why isn’t he playing?

woke up at 3:30am-ish vomiting my entire insides up (or so it felt!!). Only to miraculously recover around 8am and feel better than I would have imagined. Weird.

Not sure what brought it on, but anyway....reading these comments about Cerra, Crowden, Darcy and co really warms the old cockles. So exciting isn't it, the future?! Such a far cry from the misery of 2016......so much to like about what's unfolding at present. Love it!

I think I saw or read somewhere Peel have another pre-season match on the 17th, can anyone confirm that? Also do we know if Bennell is likely to feature? Haven't seen any news on him (which is a good thing given it's usually injuries or 'indiscretions'). It would be awesome for us and Bennell if he could get back to playing ASAP :)

woke up at 3:30am-ish vomiting my entire insides up (or so it felt!!). Only to miraculously recover around 8am and feel better than I would have imagined. Weird.

EDIT***

Must have dreamt Freo swapped Fyfe, Mundy, Brayshaw and Neale for Gaff, Yeo, Shuey and Venables. Makes sense now :sick:

Or that Ballantyne got a 5 year extension!

hahaha....shushhhh - M Rash is probably stalking and ready to run a riot act over how Ballas is Herculean and unstoppable in all aspects of the game...once he's picked himself off the floor.......

I think I saw or read somewhere Peel have another pre-season match on the 17th, can anyone confirm that? Also do we know if Bennell is likely to feature? Haven't seen any news on him (which is a good thing given it's usually injuries or 'indiscretions'). It would be awesome for us and Bennell if he could get back to playing ASAP :)
Yes, another pre-season game on 17th at Bendigo (v Subi) then the last one a week later. Bennell won't play on the weekend - still in rehab and no solid return date yet :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back