Song Contest Part X, Host: SM, Theme: Acts You Loved As a Kid, Noms Due: Sunday: 9:00pm AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
#songcontestupdate

Position Snow Patrol was after the first batch of votes- 1st :sick:
Votes received-7
Melts incurred-8
Swear words Wooshette has called me-9
Moaning about my responses- 15
People left to vote 36.

yours sincerely

#worsthostever

#songcontestupdate

Position Snow Patrol was after the first batch of votes- 1st :sick:
Votes received-7
Melts incurred-8
Swear words Wooshette has called me-9
Moaning about my responses- 15
People left to vote 36.

yours sincerely

#worsthostever

Planets I want to live on anymore - 0

Meanwhile downloading secret of mana for my phone may have been the smartest decision I've made.

IMG_0085.PNG IMG_0087.PNG IMG_0088.PNG

Last edited:
I don't hate you.

I just thought you of all people would have got my communication of Cheers and deciphered it correctly to mean "Your votes are tremendous, but not as tremendous as the cheesecake I'm eating".
Damn I envy you.

Hosting and eating cheesecake. That's the *en dream right there.

Had playlist on shuffle. This track comes on, and I'm like what is this BANGA? Then I realised it was my nom.

You'll all hate it and I'll "win" the billy again.
I did that with mine, listening in the background . 'oooh this is good I like thi - oh its mine'

And you cloth eared campaigners gave it fresh air. Shove ya HMs fair up ya clacker

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Listening through the playlist now, that Life In A Northern Town song is a good song but it was released in 1985 so it won't be getting any votes from me.

Agree

The RHCP discography is a good illustration of the dichotomy of Song Contest

They were a great band from 1985 to 1991. They made a great music. You're right, the song-writing wasn't always good, but what they did was unique, original, fresh and kicked arse.

I was aghast when I first heard the singles from Californication. I couldn't believe how the ultimate party band had become so boring and easy-listening. And it's been that way ever since. I mean, I can see how people would like it. Objectively speaking, their song-writing has improved. But their music sucks.

I feel the same way about a lot of the Song Contest noms. Some people seem to opt for "good songs" which aren't really anything special, musically speaking. Other people nominate songs which get rubbished by some folks, but I find them interesting to listen to.

Californication is my favourite RHCP album, just BANGA after BANGA with barely a bad song on it, it was the soundtrack to my summer travelling around Europe in 2000 and was huge everywhere at the time. I reckon that was their peak as a band rather than BSSM which is good but overrated for mine.

I’ll be in Jazny ’s treehouse if anyone wants me.
Shes the only good person left on here.

200w.webp

Listening through the playlist now, that Life In A Northern Town song is a good song but it was released in 1985 so it won't be getting any votes from me.

Oh is that so?

5 - Life In A Northern Town

5 - ?

Oh is that so?

5 - Life In A Northern Town

5 - ?
Yeah recorded in 1984, released in 1985
Wonder where the 1986 link came from
Google fail ?
(That has happened to me too )
Pity as it’s a banga of a song

The next post I make on BigFooty will be my 2000th. I would like to use it wisely and not waste it on something frivolous, so if anybody has ever wanted to abuse me, say I have s**t taste in music, remind me about those cheating umpires in 2016, wish ill health upon me, call me a campaigner et cetera, now's your chance; I won't be responding.

2 000

Lol. Minnow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back