Preview Round 1, 2018: St.Kilda v Brisbane - Etihad Stadium, Saturday 24th March, 3:35PM AEDT

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 163 83.2%
  • Lions

Votes: 33 16.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Gilbert , Weller and Lonie play and we get done .......ALL hell will break out !
Riots , looting , fires , im actually thinking of relocating for safety, Broadmeadows seems nice .

Maybe in Dandenong on certain street starts with "A"?

I'd hope so but he seemed to spend a lot of time forward in the JLT.

I fear he might be squeezed out with the likes of dunstan koby Ross Armitage acres all getting a run. They're not all quick.
My understanding it was to give others time in the midfield. He is very highly rated

I think the big selection questions are:

Small forward - did Clark do enough or do we go with another mid, Lonie or Long?
Ruckman - Longer, Hickey or Marshall
Nathan Brown - do we have a match-up against Brisbane or can we go horses for courses and play someone more mobile?
Longer is clearly our number one ruckman. JLT2 shows Hickey and Marshall are far from being capable of leading for a whole game.

And all JLT showed was that Nathan Brown is first choice full back and apart of our team every week.

Clark was the one chosen for both JLT games and showed more than either of the other 2 have.

:rolleyes:
I know you're his mother so I shouldn't take this seriously, but
I'm yet to see lonie do something half as 'strong' as this
Jizz worthy that is. Imagine what he'll be like after he's hit the gym for a few years.

I’ll be conservative; Saints by 1,749 points.

I’m on the Barrels bandwagon, although he probably does have a bit of a wild imagination.(sheesh! there are no super goals)
So therefore it should be Saints by 1,740 points. :p

We'll need Longer in as Martin will monster us in the ruck, he'll be feeding Zorko all day on a platter

Heavy tag on Zorko, perhaps a role for Koby

We've looked poor pre season, but two of our easiest games of the year at Etihad under the roof should let us iron out any kinks

No games are easy, but if we're not 2 from 2 from the start then that is bitterly disappointing

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Longer is clearly our number one ruckman. JLT2 shows Hickey and Marshall are far from being capable of leading for a whole game.

And all JLT showed was that Nathan Brown is first choice full back and apart of our team every week.

Clark was the one chosen for both JLT games and showed more than either of the other 2 have.

I would have to agree on all three.

Interesting point of discussion for mine is what we do with Armo throughout this game and the 2018 season. His experience and leadership will be invaluable and he’s proven to be a high level AFL when he’s at his best, but I can’t help feel that this year is huge for us to give responsibility and minutes to the likes of Acres and Steele.
Would love to see Armo play more of a crash and bash role through the HF line, allowing us to further develop these guys.

Interesting point of discussion for mine is what we do with Armo throughout this game and the 2018 season. His experience and leadership will be invaluable and he’s proven to be a high level AFL when he’s at his best, but I can’t help feel that this year is huge for us to give responsibility and minutes to the likes of Acres and Steele.
Would love to see Armo play more of a crash and bash role through the HF line, allowing us to further develop these guys.
He will rotate forward. Always good for a goal is armo.

Acres,gresham,Billings, Steven,Stevens,armo,Steele,Clark will all rotate between forward and midfield throughout games.

Ross will be a predominant midfielder(expecting another huge lift in output)

He will rotate forward. Always good for a goal is armo.

Acres,gresham,Billings, Steven,Stevens,armo,Steele,Clark will all rotate between forward and midfield throughout games.

Ross will be a predominant midfielder(expecting another huge lift in output)

If Ross lifts again, we're looking at an exceptional footballer.
Personally like Armo resting forward, and like the fact that we'll heavily rotate our mids through there. With McCartin still developing, and Bruce no longer as damaging as he once was, getting scoreboard impact from our mids will be huge.

If Ross lifts again, we're looking at an exceptional footballer.
Personally like Armo resting forward, and like the fact that we'll heavily rotate our mids through there. With McCartin still developing, and Bruce no longer as damaging as he once was, getting scoreboard impact from our mids will be huge.
Ross is criminally underrated.

Player Comparison
Sebastian RossNameLenny Hayes
SaintsTeamSaints
MidfieldPositionMidfield
81Career Games297
North Ballarat RebelsOriginPennant Hills
May 7, 1993DOBJanuary 14, 1980
24yr 10mthAgeTurned 24 in 2004
187cmHeight186cm
88kgWeight85kg
2011 NationalLast Drafted1998 National
Round 1, Pick #25Pick #Round 1, Pick #11
SaintsBySaints
2017Stats for Season2004
22Games23
Kicks11.6
15.4Handballs10.7
29.9Disposals22.2
3.6Marks4.0
0.2Goals0.2
0.4Behinds0.3
4.3Tackles5.6
Hitouts0
4.0Inside 50s
0.6Goal Assists
0.6Frees For0.9
0.8Frees Against1.0

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You've extended his contract until the end of 2020 which shows you have genuine confidence in the direction you're headed as a club. Still a young list in transition mode who showed some great signs last year. I was lucky enough to sit in at Geelong's inner sanctum before a game against your mob 2 years ago (a game in which you won) and I know our coaching staff rate you as a side and Richo as a coach.

I think this is the year you make significant improvement on the field.
That would be significantly pleasing.

I really don't think Ross is underrated here. He's an absolute gun. The reason, for me, that he sits well behind Lenny is that Lenny inspired with a crushing tackle, a physical attack on an opponent or a gutsy smother whereas Seb just quietly gets it done. We do need someone in the side capable of lifting those around him and changing the course of a game. BJ could also do this. They would declare that enough is enough and the game would shift gears.

You've extended his contract until the end of 2020 which shows you have genuine confidence in the direction you're headed as a club. Still a young list in transition mode who showed some great signs last year. I was lucky enough to sit in at Geelong's inner sanctum before a game against your mob 2 years ago (a game in which you won) and I know our coaching staff rate you as a side and Richo as a coach.

I think this is the year you make significant improvement on the field.
unfortunately due to the JLT series, no one on this board thinks Richo can coach.

Player Comparison
SaintsTeamSaints
MidfieldPositionMidfield
81Career Games297
187cmHeight186cm
88kgWeight85kg
SaintsBySaints
2017Stats for Season2004
22Games23
Kicks11.6
15.4Handballs10.7
29.9Disposals22.2
3.6Marks4.0
0.2Goals0.2
0.4Behinds0.3
4.3Tackles5.6
Hitouts0
4.0Inside 50s
0.6Goal Assists
0.6Frees For0.9
0.8Frees Against1.0

Ross could have a little more "hurt" factor.. Lenny seemed to have a little more big play x factor with a crucial play more than ross..

But Seb is tracking well no doubt

Player Comparison
SaintsTeamSaints
MidfieldPositionMidfield
81Career Games297
187cmHeight186cm
88kgWeight85kg
SaintsBySaints
2017Stats for Season2004
22Games23
Kicks11.6
15.4Handballs10.7
29.9Disposals22.2
3.6Marks4.0
0.2Goals0.2
0.4Behinds0.3
4.3Tackles5.6
Hitouts0
4.0Inside 50s
0.6Goal Assists
0.6Frees For0.9
0.8Frees Against1.0
Good comparison Stav!

For a midfield player Armo has always been a handy guy up forward as he can take a strong grab and is usually a good kick at goal . I think he will spend a fair bit of time up forward this year . He might even take over the Weller role as he is great at putting pressure on his opponent , he is a very strong tackler too and is surprisingly quick for his build imo.

Still looking forward to this season.

The Lions will wear black armbands in Philip Beams' honour during their round one clash against St Kilda.

This will bring some fire to their game, can't take any team lightly.

Jade GreshamNameGary Ablett
SaintsTeamCats
ForwardPositionMidfield
40Career Games302
Northern KnightsOriginGeelong Falcons
August 24, 1997DOBMay 14, 1984
20yr 6mthAgeTurned 20 in 2004
177cmHeight182cm
79kgWeight87kg
2015 NationalLast Drafted2001 National
Round 1, Pick #18Pick #Round 3, Pick #40
SaintsByCats