Banter JTL 3 Richmond Vs Carlton: Come see our flag

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
"You're the worst premiership team ever because you have no good players"
"You're the worst premiership team ever because if you had no good players, you'd be s**t"

:think:

I think you are exaggerating just a tad - Richmond are to be congratulated for making the most of their chances - no shame in that a lot of sides fail at the finish line - look at Adelaide against your blokes in the GF - what happened to their kicking game and scoring power ? Richmond out tackled them and out contested them - your blokes wanted it more and they were too busy posing in front of the mirrors practising soem power stance and drinking their own bathwater :thumbsu:

But don't kid yourselves you are like the Doggies - one hit wonders nothing wrong with that - your game and list will see you competitive against many sides for a few years to come.

I think you have to spell it out our very clearly for the tuggers- they have one bloke running around for them that is the difference between finals and nowhere - everyone including their own Club knows it. A couple of chopsticks or a tattoo session gone wrong away from disaster.

Personally, I hope Dustbin stays fit and firing and learns like other champions have learned - that he is burdened with carrying the whole Club and its run and gun BS game, for ever, all on his lonesome. The grind will wear him down along with the expectations of the tugger army who confuse a flukey jackpot win with being some sort of dynasty in the making...soon enough the glamour of Harley Davidson exhaust fumes and outlaw comic book fantasy along with all that goes with it will creep into play and the high life of a superstar will take its toll...

It was a Bradbury win and will always go down as a Bradbury - everyone knows it.

And this is why drugs are bad!

I think you have to spell it out our very clearly for the tuggers- they have one bloke running around for them that is the difference between finals and nowhere - everyone including their own Club knows it. A couple of chopsticks or a tattoo session gone wrong away from disaster.

Personally, I hope Dustbin stays fit and firing and learns like other champions have learned - that he is burdened with carrying the whole Club and its run and gun BS game, for ever, all on his lonesome. The grind will wear him down along with the expectations of the tugger army who confuse a flukey jackpot win with being some sort of dynasty in the making...soon enough the glamour of Harley Davidson exhaust fumes and outlaw comic book fantasy along with all that goes with it will creep into play and the high life of a superstar will take its toll...

It was a Bradbury win and will always go down as a Bradbury - everyone knows it.

I think we need to put a few asterixis next to a few flags....

2017 Richmond *Opposition were crap
1995 Carlton *Salary cap cheats
1987 Carlton *Salary cap cheats

I think we need to put a few asterixis next to a few flags....

2017 Richmond *Opposition were crap
1995 Carlton *Salary cap cheats
1987 Carlton *Salary cap cheats

I have 2 things to say as a proud Blue:

1. get real - everyone was 'cheating' the salary cap - ironically 95 was no breach for Carlton - as 93 was proven to be for EssenDONE. Meanwhile read your own history Richmond V Collingwood pretty much destroyed both Clubs...; and (more importantly)
2. you say 'cheat' as if it something bad ?:D

I think you are exaggerating just a tad - Richmond are to be congratulated for making the most of their chances - no shame in that a lot of sides fail at the finish line - look at Adelaide against your blokes in the GF - what happened to their kicking game and scoring power ? Richmond out tackled them and out contested them - your blokes wanted it more and they were too busy posing in front of the mirrors practising soem power stance and drinking their own bathwater :thumbsu:

But don't kid yourselves you are like the Doggies - one hit wonders nothing wrong with that - your game and list will see you competitive against many sides for a few years to come.

Look at it this way. At least we did not cheat like you guys for your 95* flag that cost you draft picks that set you blokes back 22 years lol

Look at it this way. At least we did not cheat like you guys for your 95* flag that cost you draft picks that set you blokes back 22 years lol

Look at it it this way Carlton has given every other team 17 years head start this century ( forced by a crooked AFL regime and a bunch of jealous minnow Clubs ) - and Carlton are still top of the tree as far as flags go...reluctantly taking on a full rebuild for the first time in the Club's history and will be good to go for #17 in a couple of years and get back to where Carlton has always been - the top. You know it and everyone knows it..

Meanwhile make hay whilst there is some shining on dreary Punt rd - better you blokes jag a flag than some plastic franchise inventions from AFL - or worse Collingflog ferals or EssonDONE filth!!

Look at it it this way Carlton has given every other team 17 years head start this century ( forced by a crooked AFL regime and a bunch of jealous minnow Clubs ) - and Carlton are still top of the tree as far as flags go...reluctantly taking on a full rebuild for the first time in the Club's history and will be good to go for #17 in a couple of years and get back to where Carlton has always been - the top. You know it and everyone knows it..

Meanwhile make hay whilst there is some shining on dreary Punt rd - better you blokes jag a flag than some plastic franchise inventions from AFL - or worse Collingflog ferals or EssonDONE filth!!

Lol

Blues define minnow now. You like have only 12 members haha. Fair weather squirters are the common blue supporter :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol

Blues define minnow now. You like have only 12 members haha. Fair weather squirters are the common blue supporter :)

the definition of a minnow club is a personified in those who look right and left and forward and backwards and takes some kind of solace or comfort in how many fellow bandwaggoners sit around him.;)

Houli is 30 and just won his first final last year.

Edwards is 30 this year and just won his first final last year.

Astbury, lambert and grimes are 27 and just won their first final last year.

no one rates them next to the Hawthorn team for a reason.
Yeah, nah.
The problem with your argument is that Jack, Cotch, Dusty and Rance who you’ve already correctly identified as elite also just won their first final turning 27 to 30 years old this year.
And by extension, Jack is already the GOAT since he’s won a flag at 19! (That bit is true, Jack Graham that is)

Only another 2 years before the work experience coach is sacked and another rebuild begins for the Cartoon's

My god just feels like yesterday they were coming with Murphy,Gibbs,Kreuzer & Judd - Looks like they will all be retired and on a pension before they actually make the 8.

Cartoon have finished last this century than Richmond finished 9th , I can see it now Cartoon the next Stkilda always rebuilding but the building keeps crumbling down :p:p:p

Going to be a fun year , My mate has already bought my Cartoon membership poor fellow still thinks they are a chance in Round 1

We have a bet this year that if Cartoon wins round 1 i have to change my Dogs name to Charlie and if Richmond wins his dog gets named Peggy

He wanted Dusty but i thought thats too cool and Peggy would be more hurtful

The Dog is a Male Boxer :D:D:D:D:D:D

You can thank Pigsarse for that. "No, no, we don't rebuild at Carlton."

That person was kicked out many years ago - there have been far dumber people than him running the show for far too long since. The best way to look at Carlton is that it is a new Club started about 3 years ago and building everything from the ground up - fortunately about 50,000 members have stuck it out for the last 20 years - there is as you probably know an army of Carlton supporters out there who wont back it by buying memberships until they are convinced the Club will see through the rebuild and do the right things - membership growth will happen as performances improve and 50K isn't a bad 'ground zero'.

Club is on the right track now SOS and Bolton have done a great job getting the Club to be like most other Clubs - professional in the way it goes about the business of list building and development.

For Blues it is a good place to be in right now - watching the kids develop week in week out - pretty obvious there are quite a few seriously talented kids all coming through together now - from her en it is about doing the time required to get the kids up to playing 4 quarter football. that is the difference between finals or not a couple of years away probably.

Look at it it this way Carlton has given every other team 17 years head start this century ( forced by a crooked AFL regime and a bunch of jealous minnow Clubs ) - and Carlton are still top of the tree as far as flags go...reluctantly taking on a full rebuild for the first time in the Club's history
Are we just going to forget the #1 picks in 2005 2006 and 2007?

For Blues it is a good place to be in right now - watching the kids develop week in week out - pretty obvious there are quite a few seriously talented kids all coming through together now - from her en it is about doing the time required to get the kids up to playing 4 quarter football. that is the difference between finals or not a couple of years away probably.

One thing that I used to like about Carlton's style of play (as much as a Richmond fan could) was the way the players belied their club's silvertail image by playing in a workmanlike fashion. They got in there like a fair dinkum team of brickies' labourers on a deadline and worked their guts out. If they start doing that again ...

One thing that I used to like about Carlton's style of play (as much as a Richmond fan could) was the way the players belied their club's silvertail image by playing in a workmanlike fashion. They got in there like a fair dinkum team of brickies' labourers on a deadline and worked their guts out. If they start doing that again ...

They’re going about it the right way. If you look at Cripps, Curnow, Kennedy they have some real hard nuts now. Throw in SPS, the garden gnome and I reckon paddy Dow is going to be a player their buildin a very good midfield core. It’s us about 5 years ago.

Are we just going to forget the #1 picks in 2005 2006 and 2007?

It took Carlton 130 years to 'win' a spoon supporters have had to 'wear' 4 of them this century given the state of the list in those days - no one was surprised that the AFL penalties got the desired outcomes. I think that if you take the ex EssenDONE president and his pet familiar Demetriou out of the equation, there is no way the punishments handed out would have happened there was nothing fair or reasonable - the punishments of the Club as whole - meaning it supporters was a huge F*** up by the AFL. The effect was to cripple the Club and stop development of Princes Park leaving teh Club with a 20M debt back then...- depriving Carlton supporters of their home ground and forcing the Club into a shitty deal at Etihad.

Everything has to be put in context - have a look at the spank over the wrist with a wet lettuce leaf handed out to salary cap breaches since eg Adelaide and Tippett or how 'lightly' proven drug cheating regime at EssenDONE ( not to mention ignored similar smelly stuff at another Club) were treated. The AFL learned from Carlton experience that destroying a big Club does no one any favours.

However, FWIW go ahead and point a finger at Carlton's 'spoons' - they weren't of the Club or its supporter's making - they were an early immature under the control of arch rival EssenDONE contrived outcome purposeful and stoopid.

Spot on - any decent Club has to have blue collar approach to the game - I call it the mongrel factor.:thumbsu: Teams that tackle better and run each way better end up beating those that don't. No side can afford to carry too many 'soft pretty' to watch players. Hardwick doesn't and Bolton doesn't - SOS wont ever recruit skinny soft HBF types or 'athletes' who might become footballers one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back