Banter JTL 3 Richmond Vs Carlton: Come see our flag

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Banter with Carlton supporters after we just won a flag and they have been s**t for so long. Listening to their dribble about how well they match up against us, how good their kids are, how crap we are.

A bigger bunch of complete halfwits you will never encounter. Seriously, they really are the s**t residue on an unwiped ass.

*in Yaaaaaaawn!

I don't subscribe to all those factors, you have listed, only a couple. One of the most important, being a lack of injuries

Yet, it seems not one Tiger's supporter will concede you had a blessed run of injuries

Richmond wasn't blessed with particularly few injuries (any more than any other flag team...all of which have a somewhat good run with them). What we did which makes our injuries seem less, is that we covered for and adapted to them well.

This time last year, Ben Griffiths was considered a vital part of our setup as 2nd tall forward and backup ruckman and 'everyone' considered that one of our weaknesses was that an injury to the likes of him couldn't really be covered. We tried to cover him like for like with Elton/Soldo and finally came up with a 'revolutionary' forward line of only one tall forward...so now everybody says his injuries 'didn't matter'.

Reece Conca was a part of our starting 22, playing in the back line, and playing pretty well when he got injured again...We covered for him by moving Vlastuin back to the backline (after he got over HIS injuries), and a star was made.

None of our vital players got hurt...well, except for Jack Reiwoldt out only key forward who had a couple of weeks out after a freak training accident....and guess what? We kept winning without him and the small forward concept gained in capacity and confidence.

Not to mention the whole BF bullshit about not rating anyone on Richmond's list beyond 4 or 5 players...which conveniently allows injuries to those players to be passed off as 'not important' and for fools to just keep repeating the line without realising how ignorant it shows them to be.

Richmond wasn't blessed with particularly few injuries (any more than any other flag team...all of which have a somewhat good run with them). What we did which makes our injuries seem less, is that we covered for and adapted to them well.

This time last year, Ben Griffiths was considered a vital part of our setup as 2nd tall forward and backup ruckman and 'everyone' considered that one of our weaknesses was that an injury to the likes of him couldn't really be covered. We tried to cover him like for like with Elton/Soldo and finally came up with a 'revolutionary' forward line of only one tall forward...so now everybody says his injuries 'didn't matter'.

Reece Conca was a part of our starting 22, playing in the back line, and playing pretty well when he got injured again...We covered for him by moving Vlastuin back to the backline (after he got over HIS injuries), and a star was made.

None of our vital players got hurt...well, except for Jack Reiwoldt out only key forward who had a couple of weeks out after a freak training accident....and guess what? We kept winning without him and the small forward concept gained in capacity and confidence.

Not to mention the whole BF bullshit about not rating anyone on Richmond's list beyond 4 or 5 players...which conveniently allows injuries to those players to be passed off as 'not important' and for fools to just keep repeating the line without realising how ignorant it shows them to be.

Perhaps I will deliver this differently

There is no doubt that you have a talented list, which includes good kids and senior back ups. That is not in dispute in my eyes.

Now back to the one thing, that I have not changed tact on

Forget other flag winners, compare your injury list to other sides last year, it is that simple. Not sure why you or anyone else is avoiding the facts.

You had a blessed injury run compared to almost anyone last year, yet someone was trying to convince people your games injury total was ranked 5th and that maintaining such a low number of injuries wouldn't be an issue

Banter with Carlton supporters after we just won a flag and they have been s**t for so long. Listening to their dribble about how well they match up against us, how good their kids are, how crap we are.

A bigger bunch of complete halfwits you will never encounter. Seriously, they really are the s**t residue on an unwiped ass.

****in Yaaaaaaawn!

you tell 'em champ.:thumbsu:

There is no doubt that you have a talented list, which includes good kids and senior back ups. That is not in dispute in my eyes.

Forget other flag winners, compare your injury list to other sides last year, it is that simple. Not sure why you or anyone else is avoiding the facts.

You had a blessed injury run compared to almost anyone last year, yet someone was trying to convince people your games injury total was ranked 5th and that maintaining such a low number of injuries wouldn't be an issue
I'm happy to concede we had a good injury run in 2017 (prefer good to 'blessed' though as blessed would indicate an arse or dumb luck factor)

I would suggest however that almost all premiers over the years apart from having great talent, also had most if not all of their best talent on the park in September.

It's part of what contributes to a winning formula - but it is just a part.

SO, we should ignore the number of games injured, and any other objective measure, and just accept that you think our injury run was "blessed" to a degree where it significantly effected our winning the flag, based on ....what?

The gut feel of someone who doesn't like the club and wants to diminish it's achievement?

Yeah, no.

Come up with something real to back it up or face up to everyone just considering it meaningless crap.

I'm happy to concede we had a good injury run in 2017 (prefer good to 'blessed' though as blessed would indicate an arse or dumb luck factor)

I would suggest however that almost all premiers over the years apart from having great talent, also had most if not all of their best talent on the park in September.

It's part of what contributes to a winning formula - but it is just a part.

Finally an accurate assessment

No doubt it plays a part, I would suggest a very important one, but for now that is semantics.

Part b of the same topic. Would you say it would be difficult to replicate that blessed/good level of low injuries?

Last edited:
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
Sorry - my last post was too serious for a banter thread I know....

So lets have a look at another very important factor that contributes to success - leadership.
Here we have the Tigers:

AA Captain
Brownlow Medalist
2 x Coleman Medalist

17Leaders1703_620.jpg

& here is the bloos offering - lots of wannabees surveying the rest of the competition from their spot on the AFL ladder...

565917-tlslargelandscape.jpg

Part b of the same topic. Would you say it would be difficult to replicate that blessed/good level of low injuries?

Unlikely - so that is where our depth will come in. (lost the VFL GF by a kick last year)

Was not required last year...

SO, we should ignore the number of games injured, and any other objective measure, and just accept that you think our injury run was "blessed" to a degree where it significantly effected our winning the flag, based on ....what?

The gut feel of someone who doesn't like the club and wants to diminish it's achievement?

Yeah, no.

Come up with something real to back it up or face up to everyone just considering it meaningless crap.

If you go back a little, you will find the facts that I have posted, unlike many that are refuting it purely based on emotion https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...me-see-our-flag.1188207/page-14#post-54591090

I am not diminishing your achievements, you guys stepped up to another level come finals and that is an important factor

(Log in to remove this ad.)

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
Sorry - my last post was too serious for a banter thread I know....

So lets have a look at another very important factor that contributes to success - leadership.
Here we have the Tigers:

AA Captain
Brownlow Medalist
2 x Coleman Medalist

17Leaders1703_620.jpg

& here is the bloos offering - lots of wannabees surveying the rest of the competition from their spot on the AFL ladder...

565917-tlslargelandscape.jpg

Just shows the difference in the depth of leadership to me.

I love seeing the Tiger supporters up and about, they deserve it after years of misery

And you have had 23 years of success have you?

Jesus its looking very likely you wont win a flag in the next 10 years. That will take your drought to 33 years lol.

For a bloke who calls himself arrow, your not very sharp.

I think you have to spell it out our very clearly for the tuggers- they have one bloke running around for them that is the difference between finals and nowhere - everyone including their own Club knows it. A couple of chopsticks or a tattoo session gone wrong away from disaster.

Personally, I hope Dustbin stays fit and firing and learns like other champions have learned - that he is burdened with carrying the whole Club and its run and gun BS game, for ever, all on his lonesome. The grind will wear him down along with the expectations of the tugger army who confuse a flukey jackpot win with being some sort of dynasty in the making...soon enough the glamour of Harley Davidson exhaust fumes and outlaw comic book fantasy along with all that goes with it will creep into play and the high life of a superstar will take its toll...

It was a Bradbury win and will always go down as a Bradbury - everyone knows it.
Not your best work today.

When was the last time a Premiership team had effectively 4 top 25 picks the following draft, We are rebuilding whilst winning a Flag - Thats the way its done Blue's
We are certainly still in a rebuilding phase. It’s unfair to expect the full potential of our list to be realised for another 2-3 years. Then we’ll start beating everyone by 100, some by 200.

And you have had 23 years of success have you?

Jesus its looking very likely you wont win a flag in the next 10 years. That will take your drought to 33 years lol.

For a bloke who calls himself arrow, your not very sharp.

What, do you want to rewrite history to only one year?

If it was based on one year, you absolutely have bragging rights, unfortunately it doesn't work that way.

No matter how you manipulate it, whether that be 37 years or back to inception, you still have ground to make up

Last edited:
What, do you want to rewrite history to only one year?

If it was based on one year, you absolutely have bragging rights, unfortunately it doesn't work that way.

No matter how you manipulate it, whether that be 37 years or back to inception, you still have ground to make up
Other clubs may find that 2017 will turn out to be a significant turning point in the way the game is played. They may be the ones with ground to make up once they realise that passing off good planning and soul searching as a fluke is not the answer they're looking for.

Other clubs may find that 2017 will turn out to be a significant turning point in the way the game is played. They may be the ones with ground to make up once they realise that passing off good planning and soul searching as a fluke is not the answer they're looking for.

Never once suggested it was a fluke, not so sure why many Tiger supporters are so defensive. Get the feeling the many of you doubt, that you may not be able to back it up this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back