In the wings members

Remove this Banner Ad

So I just got off the phone with the club - 2018 Reserved Seating memberships are now officially sold out. The next group of offers later this week are for Flexi 3 & 5 game memberships. Taking one of these options will not affect your waitlist spot for 2019 and beyond. I will be getting an offer in this next lot (I'm 4,756 in the waitlist from last year) so as I thought, I just missed out. Absolutely spewing!!
Does this include the Fence or Cheerleader memberships ? Both of them required you ringing the club

Yep just double checked my card. 12 year member and I was 9xxx at the start of this year. Now with the removal of the resale it's arguably not worth it anymore. Can't believe how little the list moved with a 20,000 seat increase.

if that's correct EagleJack - and I have no reason to doubt you - I would be ringing the club tomorrow. Not sure how you can have joined in 2007 and still be at 9000 on the waitlist. Something has gone drastically wrong here if that's the case - in my view.

Are you sure that you have never missed an annual ITW payment? Even if you're an ITW member and knock back seats when they come up (wanting six together or similar) - I believe that even in those circumstances that you still retain your waitlist number.

And I believe that the waitlists are subject to an external audit. This is to ensure that there's no deal for club mates and friends etc. this prevents people jumping their place on the waitlist or being pushed back etc. The audit ensures that people paying for ITW have the comfort of knowing that they will be treated according to their waitlist number.

I could be wrong.:( but your predicament does not sound correct to me.

if that's correct EagleJack - and I have no reason to doubt you - I would be ringing the club tomorrow. Not sure how you can have joined in 2007 and still be at 9000 on the waitlist. Something has gone drastically wrong here if that's the case - in my view.

Are you sure that you have never missed an annual ITW payment? Even if you're an ITW member and knock back seats when they come up (wanting six together or similar) - I believe that even in those circumstances that you still retain your waitlist number.

And I believe that the waitlists are subject to an external audit. This is to ensure that there's no deal for club mates and friends etc. this prevents people jumping their place on the waitlist or being pushed back etc. The audit ensures that people paying for ITW have the comfort of knowing that they will be treated according to their waitlist number.

I could be wrong.:( but your predicament does not sound correct to me.

Update

I hadn't read your later posts and the ITW+ I would ring them anyway given some of the responses from other posters and their experiences with ITW +

OK... for all my whinging and complaining in this thread, both myself and my partner managed to get two adult seats each this morning. We had another mate looking for one adult and one junior seat, so could have grabbed two junior seats allowing him to upgrade each game, but chose not to do this. My previous rants should explain why I chose not to do this. Very sorry for him, but I stand by my principles.

Looking at what was available at 10am, it doesn't surprise me that reserved seating is sold out. I thought we were extremely lucky to get four seats together, especially as one email was received at 10:02, and the other wasn't received until about 10:08.

We are in the very back row of section 536, so could well be next to Tricove

A fully painful process, but at least we will be there to see every game this season...
Congrats

Figured it out. So 2013 or there abouts I was offered an upgrade to In the Wings Plus. 1 single guaranteed seat for the season. Used it that year. Opted to go back to In the Wings for when a full membership became available. And was apparently thrown to the back of the list. Cheers West Coast.
I'm an 11 year member and had seats for the last 3 years, we were In the Wings+ the year before being offered full membership. You've fallen through a giant crack somehow, good luck pleading your case.
Next year:thumbsu:

OK... for all my whinging and complaining in this thread, both myself and my partner managed to get two adult seats each this morning.
A fully painful process, but at least we will be there to see every game this season...
Glad you got your seats sorted mate

Just got my upgrade offer email but only for flexi memberships. Can reconfirm they are saying the 11 game memberships have officially sold out.

Looks like I’ll have to wait until next year for a full seated membership...

Hopefully will have moved a fair way up from the mid 5,000s for next season.

Well by the sounds of it that'll put me somewhere around 3,100ish in the queue...sigh!

Is their a general consensus that they will actually have a big turnover of memberships for 2019 onwards, because I have a really hard time believing that's the case. Starting to wonder if the $70 a year is worth it...

Well by the sounds of it that'll put me somewhere around 3,100ish in the queue...sigh!

Is their a general consensus that they will actually have a big turnover of memberships for 2019 onwards, because I have a really hard time believing that's the case. Starting to wonder if the $70 a year is worth it...
I think it will depend on our form . I can’t see people jumping off if we make the finals again , let alone have a year where we make it deep into the finals

I feel bad that I’m slightly hoping for a poor season or 2 (to speed up the exodus ) :(

I think it will depend on our form . I can’t see people jumping off if we make the finals again , let alone have a year where we make it deep into the finals

I feel bad that I’m slightly hoping for a poor season or 2 (to speed up the exodus ) :(

Likewise, hoping we can trim some of the bandwagon fat...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The below does concern me slightly. It says if you take a flexi membership you lose your spot in the waitlist, so I would want to make damn sure that those with a flexi membership are given priority to upgrade to a full 11 game reserved membership over those that are still ITW otherwise I won't be doing it!!

upload_2018-3-14_11-56-42.png

Worth waiting a year or

wait so if we take flexis how could we upgrade to the full 11 game next year

im very close, I was 5700 last year. I have a feeling Im gonna miss out though
They lose their spot on the wait list as they are now (flexi) Seated members, not ITW members.

Flexi members "should" be offered the chance to upgrade to 11 games before ITW members - but would only be a 1-for-1 - hence the comment about taking the number of memberships you need. HOWEVER - someone needs to ring the club and confirm this.

They lose their spot on the wait list as they are now (flexi) Seated members, not ITW members.

Flexi members "should" be offered the chance to upgrade to 11 games before ITW members - but would only be a 1-for-1 - hence the comment about taking the number of memberships you need. HOWEVER - someone needs to ring the club and confirm this.

Would be good to find out.

I'm 5200-odd on the waitlist as of last year so I received the offer today. Considering a flexi membership but my goal like most is the 11 game reserved seating, surely a flexi doesn't remove you from the waiting list

I'm 5200-odd on the waitlist as of last year so I received the offer today. Considering a flexi membership but my goal like most is the 11 game reserved seating, surely a flexi doesn't remove you from the waiting list
As above - of course it does. You're no longer an ITW member, hence no wait list number.

BUT you should be able to upgrade before ITW offers in future years.

Just ring the club and ask !!

just got off the phone, and it stands they have just ticked over 5000 I may be in luck.

id take the 5ier and wait to upgrade end of the year.

Would be good to find out.

Spoke to the club about this today - and the guy said flexi's would have higher priority

But I'll be honest - the guy on the end of the phone, as nice as he was, didn't sound like an authority on the topic.

I got my offer today (I'm 52XX) and had 3 options. Front Row (Please... quality sales spin), Cheersquad (where someone takes half your seat because they ate too many mrs macs) or Flexi.

Will end up going with the 3 game flexi - actually suits our family

Remove this Banner Ad

Back