QFA Div 2 North

Dug the dog

Rookie
Apr 11, 2010
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
No offence taken runningman, you are entitled to your opinion as am I. No need to be aggressive about it though. Thanks for taking a close interest in my coaching career mate, I hadn’t realised I’d coach that many games. Did your research include my reserve grade coaching as well and the grand final team I coached. I know what it takes to be successful, I have coached and played in successful teams at a few clubs but thanks for your concern on where my perspectives are at, I’ll refocus and make sure I’m not distracted by my lack of success of resent times. You seem to know a fair bit about me, do I know you from any of the clubs I’ve coach at? And are you brave enough to tell us your actual name as it may actually give your opinion more credit.
Cheers Brad

Watto46

Senior List
May 22, 2016
Brisbane
AFL Club
Richmond
No offence taken runningman, you are entitled to your opinion as am I. No need to be aggressive about it though. Thanks for taking a close interest in my coaching career mate, I hadn’t realised I’d coach that many games. Did your research include my reserve grade coaching as well and the grand final team I coached. I know what it takes to be successful, I have coached and played in successful teams at a few clubs but thanks for your concern on where my perspectives are at, I’ll refocus and make sure I’m not distracted by my lack of success of resent times. You seem to know a fair bit about me, do I know you from any of the clubs I’ve coach at? And are you brave enough to tell us your actual name as it may actually give your opinion more credit.
Cheers Brad
Occy you must be closing in on 500 games yourself surely ?

Watto46

Senior List
May 22, 2016
Brisbane
AFL Club
Richmond
Touchy, as I said doing a cracking job and getting whacked by 20 goals don’t normally go in the same sentence. If that offends you stiff sh t. Regarding perspective yours would be different than most due being involved with several bottom clubs over last 15 years with your own coaching success at under 5% in over 150 games.
Roosters should have appointed Tim if the wished to go forward. From the outside looking in it is what it is.

They should have made the young bloke president if they wanted to go forward instead of the bloke they have running the club now. Now they have lost him to Sherwood ! Apart from that once of flag, this club continues to struggle. Sad to see

smy1305

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 27, 2011
Buderim
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Unfortunately In this caper If you aren’t first, you’re last. The good teams are results focused. The mediocre teams make excuses.

What caper is that 6th sense - div 3 AFLQ. Not exactly at the pointy end of elite sport. Last time I looked at a grant for funds to a local sporting club there was no mention of winning a premiership..
That's just cliche rubbish tbh.

SixthSense

Senior List
May 21, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
What caper is that 6th sense - div 3 AFLQ. Not exactly at the pointy end of elite sport. Last time I looked at a grant for funds to a local sporting club there was no mention of winning a premiership..
That's just cliche rubbish tbh.

That caper would be football in general. Who cares if it’s div 3 AFLQ or the Ovens and Murray league, the the aim is to win, not make up the numbers.

This forum is full of bs at the best of times, nothing wrong with the odd bit of “cliche rubbish” to make things different.

outandabout

Club Legend
Jan 14, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Here's my two cents at any level.
If your not winning the whole club suffers. The flow on effort is not to be underestimated.
It takes a long time to pick yourself up and get quality players from last position. The ones you do have most likely are looking elsewhere.
If you are winning players just come without too much convincing.
The club makes money and punters are happy.
Winning is important to staying alive in the current conditions.
Losing isn't the end of a club but it does bring the blame game.
Most people blame the coach or the president and call for sackings.
This just creates a cycle of failure.
It always amazes me that when a club is struggling the loudest critic's are the people who do f**K all and if you believe them they know all the answers.
They just never put thier hand up for any responsibility.
I have coached a few premiership teams and still had people sniping behind my back.
The truth is there are people out there that want you to fail just so they can say I told you so.
Good luck to everyone in the upcoming year and if your in the Magoo's I may very well be your umpire.

smy1305

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 27, 2011
Buderim
AFL Club
Gold Coast
That caper would be football in general. Who cares if it’s div 3 AFLQ or the Ovens and Murray league, the the aim is to win, not make up the numbers.

This forum is full of bs at the best of times, nothing wrong with the odd bit of “cliche rubbish” to make things different.

Stop taking yourself so seriously. FFS, its a game played by (in general) average to very average athletes at this level. And it does matter what level of sport - if you think this is sheep station stuff then that attitude flows on to playing group which = "yeah thanks but no thanks champion, I will play elsewhere". If your first priority is to finish 1st then you are up s..t creek. That is a result of many other factors.

SixthSense

Senior List
May 21, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Stop taking yourself so seriously. FFS, its a game played by (in general) average to very average athletes at this level. And it does matter what level of sport - if you think this is sheep station stuff then that attitude flows on to playing group which = "yeah thanks but no thanks champion, I will play elsewhere". If your first priority is to finish 1st then you are up s..t creek. That is a result of many other factors.

Yeah god for bid a positive want to win attitude flows on through the playing group. Better than a who gives a toss attitude. But far be it me to criticise someone who is happy playing just to make up the numbers.

Feb 10, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
Yeah god for bid a positive want to win attitude flows on through the playing group. Better than a who gives a toss attitude. But far be it me to criticise someone who is happy playing just to make up the numbers.

Everyone wants to win. Reality is there is a bottom side in every comp. Some that lose big every week. Obviously a coach wants to win every game, but after losing a few and knowing you don’t have the cattle to win to many, what do you suggest? Can’t win, so quit? Or make the best of things you can and hope things improve?

Good clubs will fight through it and work their way up the ladder, some clubs get stuck in a hole and it can be bloody hard to get guys to the club to help moving forward happen.

In the lower divs there are blokes happy to make up numbers and be out of the house. Winning isn’t everything to some, being around mates and having a social outlet is the main reason some guys play footy.

Your all or nothing attitude is great at clubs doing well. How good does it work at a club losing most weeks? Good way to lose the few players you have left some times

Lensen

You've ruined the act, GOB
Feb 23, 2003
Brisbane
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
The logical extension to this mindset is there is absolutely no point playing Div 3 footy as you're only going to be the, what, 34th best side in QLD even if you win the comp?

It's applying an elite level mindset to social footy and is, frankly, ridiculous

SixthSense

Senior List
May 21, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
The logical extension to this mindset is there is absolutely no point playing Div 3 footy as you're only going to be the, what, 34th best side in QLD even if you win the comp?

It's applying an elite level mindset to social footy and is, frankly, ridiculous

So by wanting to win is having an elite level mindset? Only at the elite level do teams want success? Let’s just scrap anything under what’s classed the “elite level” as wanting to win at the lower levels is deemed ridiculous.

Lensen

You've ruined the act, GOB
Feb 23, 2003
Brisbane
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
So by wanting to win is having an elite level mindset? Only at the elite level do teams want success? Let’s just scrap anything under what’s classed the “elite level” as wanting to win at the lower levels is deemed ridiculous.
There is a difference between "wanting to win" and "if you aren't first, you're last".

You can want to win without it being the priority over actual enjoyment of the game.

smy1305

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 27, 2011
Buderim
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Here's my two cents at any level.
If your not winning the whole club suffers. The flow on effort is not to be underestimated.
It takes a long time to pick yourself up and get quality players from last position. The ones you do have most likely are looking elsewhere.
If you are winning players just come without too much convincing.
The club makes money and punters are happy.
Winning is important to staying alive in the current conditions.
Losing isn't the end of a club but it does bring the blame game.
Most people blame the coach or the president and call for sackings.
This just creates a cycle of failure.
It always amazes me that when a club is struggling the loudest critic's are the people who do f**K all and if you believe them they know all the answers.
They just never put thier hand up for any responsibility.
I have coached a few premiership teams and still had people sniping behind my back.
The truth is there are people out there that want you to fail just so they can say I told you so.
Good luck to everyone in the upcoming year and if your in the Magoo's I may very well be your umpire.

Being competitive in a good environment is fa

Your definition of success is incredibly narrow. s**t coaches believe that winning is the #1 priority, because aS has already been stated there’s are a number of factors that aren’t necessarily controlled by the coach as to whether you get the W. FFS even Dimma stated that he was only looking to improve in specific areas at the beginning of 2017. Good enough for him, reckon it’s good enough for a social comp.

Dougie dog

Rookie
Jul 4, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Went out and watched Griffith Moorooka play Ormeau today,
In my opinion bulldogs are in the correct division and the Roosters sould be in the same , although there second half was ok and they restricted bulldogs to a few points there ball movement was slow and I couldn't for the life of me work out what there game plan was ,not sure they had one to be honest .
They may not win a game in 2018
Anyone got anyother match reports
From other games played .

rising suns

Debutant
Mar 25, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Went out and watched Griffith Moorooka play Ormeau today,
In my opinion bulldogs are in the correct division and the Roosters sould be in the same , although there second half was ok and they restricted bulldogs to a few points there ball movement was slow and I couldn't for the life of me work out what there game plan was ,not sure they had one to be honest .
They may not win a game in 2018
Anyone got anyother match reports
From other games played .

What was the final score, and how many points did the Roosters score to counter your comment about how many Ormeau scored. Did Moorooka also only score a few points? Of all the games to watch you picked the s**t sandwich at the smorgasbord yet complained about the taste, or was it the result that hurts? If you are from Ormeau it seems the Roosters have a game up on you blokes.

outandabout

Club Legend
Jan 14, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Having seen a few teams in this comp play some practice matches.
I think the competition will be closer than people expect.
I don't think there is a standout and as the year goes on it will come down to depth.
Can only go on games I have seen and unsure about who's held back so far.
Happy to be called out on this statement if you have more knowledge than me.

Dougie dog

Rookie
Jul 4, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
What was the final score, and how many points did the Roosters score to counter your comment about how many Ormeau scored. Did Moorooka also only score a few points? Of all the games to watch you picked the s**t sandwich at the smorgasbord yet complained about the taste, or was it the result that hurts? If you are from Ormeau it seems the Roosters have a game up on you blokes.
Agree with your comment
And sat through it .

Flying Eagle1

Senior List
Apr 16, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Having seen a few teams in this comp play some practice matches.
I think the competition will be closer than people expect.
I don't think there is a standout and as the year goes on it will come down to depth.
Can only go on games I have seen and unsure about who's held back so far.
Happy to be called out on this statement if you have more knowledge than me.
Top 3 maybe a little bit in front but the rest will be who turns up on the day switched on, definitely agree with your comment on depth that will be key especially at the backend of the season.
Dont think too many teams would be holding back, i know as a coach i want all our players match fit so no chance of us holding back so round 1 we hit the ground running hopfully

ablett

Premiership Player
Jan 27, 2006
Tasmania
AFL Club
Fremantle
Top 3 maybe a little bit in front but the rest will be who turns up on the day switched on, definitely agree with your comment on depth that will be key especially at the backend of the season.
Dont think too many teams would be holding back, i know as a coach i want all our players match fit so no chance of us holding back so round 1 we hit the ground running hopfully

Who’s the top 3 you reckon?

Back