Moved Thread Collingwood V Port Adelaide Jumper Debate part2

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty sure Ed owns the colours Black and White. Not much anyone else can do.
Lol

It was silly 20+ years ago for it to even be a thing. The patterning was so different as to be Geelong/North/Carlton funny

Its ******* stupid.

Collingwood need to get the * over themselves and stop being so precious and insecure.

We dont recognise collingwood through the black and white, we recognise them through the sleeves, missing teeth and weekly lineup at Centrelink.

Its time the black and white played finals again and if we are waiting on collingwood itll be an eternity. Or until Buckley cops the sack.

Port Adelaide agreed as a condition of obtaining a licence not to have a jumper that clashed with an existing team. I'm not sure why the debate contunues. As for being their traditional jumper - I think they should go back to the rather fetching majenta number which was one of their other jumpers they wore in another competition in another century.

Meanwhile protecting Collingwood's branding and fighting the fight to retain the jumper integrity is one of the few things I still supprt Eddie on and he doesn;t have amandate to do otherwise.

Port Adelaide agreed as a condition of obtaining a licence not to have a jumper that clashed with an existing team. I'm not sure why the debate contunues. As for being their traditional jumper - I think they should go back to the rather fetching majenta number.

Meanwhile protecting Collingwood's branding and fighting the fight to retain the jumper integrity is one of the few things I still supprt Eddie on and he doesn;t have amandate to do otherwise.
It doesnt/didnt clash. Thats the one thing I cant abide. Its a false statement to say they do

Werribee and Richmond are currently both wearing yellow and black in the VFL and are both nicknamed 'Tigers'. As far as I know, this hasn't been an issue. Whenever they play each oher they wear the clash uniform if they are the away team.

Simple and little drama. Port Adelaide and Collingwood can both be named 'Magpies' and can both be in black and white. The design pf the jumper is quite different so whenever the teams play each other they can wear a clash outfit.

It doesnt/didnt clash. Thats the one thing I cant abide. Its a false statement to say they do
Firstly that's debatable. Hell people tell me Collingwood and North clash and they aren't even the same colours or Collingwod & Geelong which are different colours and a differnt stripe orientation. More importantly, that was what was decided as a condition of entry so the reasons are not reallty relevant anyway. Last century they freely agreed to use a different jumper in the AFL. They are wearing theri traditional jumper.

If there is an AFL reserves comp wouldn't Port Adelaide Power be in that competition, leaving the Port Adelaide Magpies in the SANFL?
The current Port Adelaide team playing in the SANFL is the Port Adelaide reserves team. Just as the Adelaide team playing in the SANFL is Adelaides team. Both teams would leave the comp and not be replaced

If there is an AFL reserves comp wouldn't Port Adelaide Power be in that competition, leaving the Port Adelaide Magpies in the SANFL?
The article says they can't afford 3 clubs so the side won't exist in the sanfl, which is the bigger tragedy.

In the reserves they can wear what they like, but Collingwood were right to put stipulations on 2 of their biggest brands, the 'black and white stripes' and the 'magpies' moniker. I would hope Richmond would demand the same if Claremont or Glenelg joined.

The article says they can't afford 3 clubs so the side won't exist in the sanfl, which is the bigger tragedy.

In the reserves they can wear what they like, but Collingwood were right to put stipulations on 2 of their biggest brands, the 'black and white stripes' and the 'magpies' moniker. I would hope Richmond would demand the same if Claremont or Glenelg joined.
Richmond VFL has black and yellow and is named 'Tigers', exactly the same as Werribee. Hasn't caused much drama at all from that perspective.

I get some of the concern if it is at the highest level (the AFL), but this is just the reserves. Not a big deal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When Collingwood wear their mainly black top it absolutely clashes. Mainly black with white vertical stripes versus mainly black with white vertical stripes.

And if the AFL wants to create an AFL Division Two, then, yes, there shouldn't be two Magpie teams in it. Branding matters.

Werribee and Richmond are currently both wearing yellow and black in the VFL and are both nicknamed 'Tigers'. As far as I know, this hasn't been an issue. Whenever they play each oher they wear the clash uniform if they are the away team.

Simple and little drama. Port Adelaide and Collingwood can both be named 'Magpies' and can both be in black and white. The design pf the jumper is quite different so whenever the teams play each other they can wear a clash outfit.
Werribee are a standalone team and they don't wear black with a yellow sash, bit of a difference.

Richmond VFL has black and yellow and is named 'Tigers', exactly the same as Werribee. Hasn't caused much drama at all from that perspective.

I get some of the concern if it is at the highest level (the AFL), but this is just the reserves. Not a big deal.
Richmond is a bigger club than Werribee and branding issues are negligible in a much smaller competition.

Port Adelaide in a reserves comp, what jumper do they wear

Does Eddie go into battle , once more, to stop a Port Adelaide team wearing the black and white or is it time to let it go?

I thought Eddie was wrong all those years ago and I hope he lets this slide.
Should be allowed to wear it in the afl. the stripes are different to cwood anyway

Werribee are a standalone team and they don't wear black with a yellow sash, bit of a difference.
Port Adelaide don't wear horizontal black and white stripes the length of their jumper. They wear prison bars, which features skinnier white bars. I think it is one of the best jumpers in the league, so I understand why some Port Adelaide fans are vocal about it.

I don't care so much that I'll have a breakdown over it, but would having two black and white wearing "magpies" club in the reserves competition impact Collingwood's brand so much? A reserves competition is specifically tailored to the AFL teams and their supporters, so I don't see Collingwood lose fans over confusion between the two sides.

Having said that, I guess I'd understand if the AFL rejects Port Adelaide's prison bars because they want consistency between the AFL sides and their reserves. It would be nice to see them retain their prison bars though.

I'm over this debate. It's done. Port will leave the SANFL (and let it die quicker in the process) and the Prison Bar will be consigned to history except for the odd special occasion. That is it. Eddie is still an A Grade ******* though, no ifs or buts about it. Collingwood's and his power seem to be very much on the wane.

No.
The Magpies would most likely be killed off Port don’t need a foothold in the SANFL anymore, they outgrew us years ago and the best thing for them would be a clean break

Would anyone be surprised that the reason Collingwood changed their jumper from the traditional white with black stripes to their current black with white stripes due to Eddie's pettiness over this subject and to make the jumpers clash?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back