Bluemour Discussion Thread VIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The biggest difference between Richmond and Collingwood is in the last 10 years Richmond have drafted 2 Brownlow medalists, an All-Australian Captain and a dual Coleman medalist.

Other than possibly Dayne Beams, Collingwood haven't drafted anyone of that calibre for 13 years.

Really looking forward to a real Brownlow shootout this year with all the following fit (hopefully). All 4 have looked peerless at various stages over the past few years.

1 GAJ
2 Dangerfield
3 Fyfe
4 Martin

LOB has signed a 2 year extension.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I sincerely hope you haven't betrayed someone's trust by posting that.

The issue is that there is simply no-one in the AFL who is comparable.

You've old fashioned key forwards - Kennedy, Hawkins - but they're forced to pressure, to tackle and to zone off. You've small forwards who play like a good old fashioned goal sneak - Menzel, Wingard - but one of them's gone into the midfield where the other got dropped due to his lack of tackling. You've got genuine inside players - or at least you did until last year, when Priddis retired - but most of them have to possess other strings to their bow, be it playing forward - Cripps, JPK - or becoming excellent kicks when outside or on the spread - Shiel, Wines.

Gaff is the archetypical old fashioned winger, and to a certain extent he's modernised his game, bar one way; he's completely reliant on others getting and giving him the ball. This bothers me, as I'd VASTLY prefer our midfield in its entirety to be capable of both finding their own ball AND disposing of it to advantage, rather than one or the other.

There is indeed a case to be made that, should SOS/Bolts decide that Lamb has run out of chances, to replace him with a player like Gaff; Gaff is better at everything we need/use Lamb for, and Lamb doesn't tackle sufficiently for it to really hurt us, but come on. Our tackling is pretty damn close to being the worst part of our game already; why would we exacerbate the issue further?

I've no issue with us expressing our interest, as SOS has done for every single trade target available on the market since he became list manager. I just really don't think he's worth 800,000 a year, near 2 times the average player wage, regardless of how we can front-load the contract or whatever. Get into Whitfield's ear and make him want out of GWS; find a young winger, perhaps Greenwood out of Adelaide, or recruit Dahlhous, or do something, if we really need to spend the money. Just recruit a midfielder who is not so reliant on the team playing well for their own performance.

Think outside the box a bit.

Have never mentioned a salary, that will take care of itself. Pointless comparing Lamb to Gaff, Lamb is not even in the same postcode.

Have stated before, whether we get Gaff or not, the end result will be the same. It is just staggering how we constantly disect the weaknesses of other players that would waltz into our best 22

Dahlhaus would be a great acquisition

Really looking forward to a real Brownlow shootout this year with all the following fit (hopefully). All 5 have looked peerless at various stages over the past few years.

1 GAJ
2 Dangerfield
3 Fyfe
4 Martin
5 Cripps

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really looking forward to a real Brownlow shootout this year with all the following fit (hopefully). All 4 have looked peerless at various stages over the past few years.

1 GAJ
2 Dangerfield
3 Fyfe
4 Martin

Merrett is a brownlow threat

If and i say if, we are able to win 10 games and Cripps plays every game, he could certainly feature

If Bolton gets 10 wins out of this lot - he wins the best coach award.

Agreed, i know it's marginal, but i have penciled in a possible 7 - 9 wins
I'm not going to put a wet blanket over your fire man - but to 'bolt' through the middling sides you need a structured rebound game and the midfield depth and class to carry it out. Just don't have the cattle for anything except an arm wrestle right now....

What's the harm
Watch the well dry up, particularly if you overshare or totally * up the information. I know I won't share a thing with you in the future. :thumbsu:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back