Carlton Merchandise needs a complete overhaul

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s weird that no one - well, very few - people seem to care about this.

The club have changed our monogram. Trainspotting type stuff, perhaps, but a change nonetheless.
Exactly.

This is 100+ years of our history of our club being subsidised by an international manufacturer's laziness and cost-saving.

Sure, play around with the clash jumper, those were brought in fairly recently. But DO NOT touch our pride and joy; the home jumper or the raised CFC on that guernsey.

just stop ******* around with our history!

image329

good enough for this bloke

View attachment 469664
That doesn't disprove my point.
just stop ******* around with our history!

image329
This is different Thy. Sporting clubs have to modernise their look every now and then. Which we have. Quite clearly, logos have been changed and monograms change, both in design and application. From hand-made weaving of the playing guernseys from the '60s, to the faux-stitching, heat-pressed 3D monogram of the modern 2010s logo.

HOWEVER, we have NEVER had a monogram where there ISN'T 100% of it raised. And by raised, I mean MORE THAN 2mm OFF THE GUERNSEY, which our current guernsey isn't!!

I know you're probably stirring me up with all this, but I don't care. Everyone complains about "pride in the jumper" with the clash guernseys. How about the only important guernsey that represents our club? A bold-looking white CFC on our navy front is what we play for, and we don't have that.
And another thing, there are garbage bin bags that are thicker than the material our guernseys are made of.

Presumably any dark coloured guernseys.

So possibly Melbourne, Port, Freo (at a stretch).

the way i see it we only clash with saints, port and possibly melbourne from the back only. so i dont see why we cant just keep the traditional navy front and have a white back. maybe if we had eddie as president...

Carlton-2018.gif

Adelaide-2018.gif

(^Lots of yellow, but still lots of navy too)
Collingwood-2018.gif

(^This with white shorts solves the clash with the Pies. Our guernsey with white shorts doesn't)
Essendon-2018.gif

Fremantle-Home-2018.gif

(Freo's purple looks like our navy at times)
Melbourne-2015.gif

Port-Home-2018.gif

Richmond-2017.gif

StKilda-2018.gif

(Probably the least clashy out of the lot)
the way i see it we only clash with saints, port and possibly melbourne from the back only. so i dont see why we cant just keep the traditional navy front and have a white back. maybe if we had eddie as president...
That causes more clashes than solves them. That's why in the West Coast V Carlton prelim(?) final at Subi they were forced into their clash guernsey, because the home had a light front and dark back.

Last edited:
If my memory serves me correctly, there was an article written last week which noted that our supporters don't have an applicable collective name by which we can grouped under e.g. Tiger Army, Magpie Army etc. After the unveiling of our clash jumper for this year it is quite obvious what us Carlton supporters can now be called, the Grey Army. Catchy, eh?

If my memory serves me correctly, there was an article written last week which noted that our supporters don't have an applicable collective name by which we can grouped under e.g. Tiger Army, Magpie Army etc. After the unveiling of our clash jumper for this year it is quite obvious what us Carlton supporters can now be called, the Grey Army. Catchy, eh?
:oops: The Water World army!!! We smash on hover crafts:thumbsu:

It'getting dark to dark to see...... knocking on:thumbsu::drunk:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bluebaggers

Could have the Army Army if Dennis was still playing

There is no way that it's worse than the light blue.
I hate that we have to wear a clash jumper and think it's entirely unnecessary, but this one is probably better than our others.
On tv the light blue looked silly but it looked like a guernsey at least. The all silver looks like some weird skin tight clothing designed for heat protection or something strange. Just looked weird. Didn’t sit well and the colour made that impression worse imo

Bluebaggers
This is what we are called.
We have been known as this for ages so where do they get off say we don't have collective name???
Maybe we need to get blue bags and start swinging them over head after each goal. allaa K Sheepy

Edit: That suggestion was tongue in cheek.

This is what we are called.
We have been known as this for ages so where do they get off say we don't have collective name???
Maybe we need to get blue bags and start swinging them over head after each goal. allaa K Sheepy

Edit: That suggestion was tongue in cheek.
Not sure Bluebag13 would appreciate being waved around over your head, maybe ask first?

Not sure Bluebag13 would appreciate being waved around over your head, maybe ask first?

I haven't asked Bluebag1 through 12 yet

edit:
In keeping with the merchanise theme - may be we could have our membership kit sent in a blue bag.
Just another thought I wonder if Bluebag13 is up for some crowd surfing?

I haven't asked Bluebag1 through 12 yet

edit:
In keeping with the merchanise theme - may be we could have our membership kit sent in a blue bag.
Just another thought I wonder if Bluebag13 is up for some crowd surfing?

Not sure I want merch put in me and getting shipped around Australia though

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back