Bruce Springsteen

Remove this Banner Ad

Finally finished the last half of Born to Run.

Interesting take on his music the past 17 years. I get the impression that he values some of his recent work higher than the earlier stuff.

Coicidentally DinDark was on the radio last night and having read the story behind the song I listened to the lyrics behind the bombastic music and thought yeh I get it...I get it. Its a weird song...musically upbeat but with a dark centre.

The chapters on his depression battles were an eye opener. The black dog doesnt discriminate.

Guys, get to Springsteen on Broadway if you can afford it. It's so ******* good. I implore you all to go, it's just incredible.

A July season end meant there was zero chance of this, and i was resigned to never seeing it.

A December extension, means we're now in Row J on Oct 10....... :flushed::flushed::flushed::flushed:

A July season end meant there was zero chance of this, and i was resigned to never seeing it.

A December extension, means we're now in Row J on Oct 10....... :flushed::flushed::flushed::flushed:
* YEAH. ******* * YEAH!

Amazing stuff. It is just incredible.

Have you been to NYC before?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nope, none of the US at all.....
I'm so excited for you, it's just amazing.

NYC is the greatest city in the world.

Is Mrs Hodges going too?

Seeing Bruce in NYC was a bonus, NYC was just incredible. Can't wait to go back/

I'm so excited for you, it's just amazing.

NYC is the greatest city in the world.

Is Mrs Hodges going too?

Seeing Bruce in NYC was a bonus, NYC was just incredible. Can't wait to go back/

Yep, Mrs Hodgey, and Miss 11yo as well.....

Going to do a week in LA for Disney/Universal. She’s amped.... haha

Last edited:
Bruce performed a bit of his Broadway show at the Tony awards about 5 weeks ago. Its mainly story telling and finished with about 90 seconds of My Hometown. Cruyff14 I assume this was pretty typical of the show you saw on Broadway?

Last edited:
Bruce performed a bit of his Broadway show t the Tony awards about 5 weeks ago. Its mainly story telling and finished with about 90 seconds of My Hometown. Cruyff14 I assume this was pretty typical of the show?

Yes

The show is virtually word for word each night.

I actually thought that monologue was one of the most touching moments of the show.

33EAFAA3-10C8-4938-A40C-B465799DC75E.jpeg 15A2C52C-88D7-4531-AC65-92B95E611D5B.jpeg

Still processing, it was genuinely overwhelming.

I had tears during more songs than not.

No idea why, the sound just filled the entire room and my head, totally surreal.

Today was also a good day.

Remember our daughter REH? Today we all waited on the rail for 6 hours for him to arrive. The car door opened, he sees her as he’s climbing out and his face lit up. He made sure he got back to her to sign her Playbill, my show poster..... and wife’s wrist.... :p:p

View attachment 573564 View attachment 573565

Still processing, it was genuinely overwhelming.

I had tears during more songs than not.

No idea why, the sound just filled the entire room and my head, totally surreal.

Today was also a good day.

Remember our daughter REH? Today we all waited on the rail for 6 hours for him to arrive. The car door opened, he sees her as he’s climbing out and his face lit up. He made sure he got back to her to sign her Playbill, my show poster..... and wife’s wrist.... :p:p

That is awesome !!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back