Radio 'You cannot be serious' podcast with Sam Newman, Don Scott and Rod Law

Remove this Banner Ad

Not a bad start and it will only get better once the season starts and they have actual football to talk about, I enjoy listening to Grant Thomas give his opinions, he actually does enjoy some aspects of the modern game.

They need a more professional or technical set up in the office , sounds like a 2009 podcast, with Sam too far away from the mic and Beast too echoey

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw that. He is coming on tomorrow’s ep for the first 5 minutes to explain. I bet 9 are worried he’ll say something stupid and make headlines, easy to do in a relaxed setting and considering they go for over an hour. When he is on radio it’s more of a controled environment with dump button and sponsors etc.

Saw that. He is coming on tomorrow’s ep for the first 5 minutes to explain. I bet 9 are worried he’ll say something stupid and make headlines, easy to do in a relaxed setting and considering they go for over an hour. When he is on radio it’s more of a controled environment with dump button and sponsors etc.

You do realize that the podcast is pre-recorded...

You do realize that the podcast is pre-recorded...

Yeah but the whole appeal and reason they are doing it is because it’s unscripted and uncensored, just three mate shooting the s**t. They don’t want anything cut out. Even last week he was alluding to talking about transgender footy players on the next ep. You could imagine the HS tasking someone to listen and write an article about anything he says that could garner clicks: “Sam Newman says no room for transgender players in AFLW”

Yeah. Probably not fair to judge after 1 episode where they were finding their footing, but Sam was really grating. Usually quite like him but he was just whinging over the top of the others for most of the show.

Liked Sheehan and Thomas though and will keep listening at least for a while

Listened to the first episode; a bit messy at times but enjoyable and interesting overall.

Was surprised to hear Sheahan say he was underwhelmed by Gillon as CEO considering he was pretty much an AFL lackey in his journalistic career; what odds he would've been as forthright as that if he were still with the Herald Sun?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back