FTA-TV Footy Classified

Remove this Banner Ad

Dunno if you listen to MMM but Judd might be the media person with the MOST personality. Bloke is piss funny.

https://omny.fm/shows/the-rub/judge-juddy-june-23
Not so familiar with his radio stuff, but his telly work is ordinary. Even on a show like the Front Bar, which is made for people with a sense of humour, he showed no personality and even less humour. In any event, I'm opposed to club officials having media roles. It's a clear conflict of interest in my book.

Not so familiar with his radio stuff, but his telly work is ordinary. Even on a show like the Front Bar, which is made for people with a sense of humour, he showed no personality and even less humour. In any event, I'm opposed to club officials having media roles. It's a clear conflict of interest in my book.

Totally agree. Really disappointed if Judd is replacing Lyon as FC will be hardly worth watching anymore and despite its flaws I've always enjoyed watching it.

Totally agree. Really disappointed if Judd is replacing Lyon as FC will be hardly worth watching anymore and despite its flaws I've always enjoyed watching it.
Gotta agree? JUDD?? Her is boring as all *. If he wasnt Judd, he wouldnt get within a bulls roar of a gig like FC.

I don't know, with Lyon gone we might at least enjoy some discussion about teams other than Hawthorn, Melbourne and Geelong. In the 15 odd hours of FC in 2017 there was just over 6 minutes in total of effective discussion about West Coast. When they did discuss GL actively changed the topic when ever the team came up, he has a huge bias toward WCE and has savaged the team, players and coaching relentlessly for the last 5 years. Not sure what his hatred stems from but he's so obviously Vic-centric and vehemently anti West Coast, really ruffles my jimmies.

I actually thought Jobe Watson handled himself really well when he had a crack in the later part of the year, I think he offered a lot more insight than Judd....but don't think he has that combative nature in him which tends to make the show pretty appealing.

Last edited:
Surprised they didnb't go with the 2nd half of 2016 format (when Lyon was out for the year) by having Barret as the main co-host with Judd only covering every 2 or 3 weeks.
They realised their best format is two 'journos' + two former players. When Hutchy, Barrett and Caro are all on at the same time it becomes a bit of a mess.

I don't know, with Lyon gone we might at least enjoy some discussion about teams other than Hawthorn, Melbourne and Geelong. In the 15 odd hours of FC in 2017 there was just over 6 minutes in total of effective discussion about West Coast. When they did discuss GL actively changed the topic when ever the team came up, he has a huge bias toward WCE and has savaged the team, players and coaching relentlessly for the last 5 years. Not sure what his hatred stems from but he's so obviously Vic-centric and vehemently anti West Coast, really ruffles my jimmies.

I actually thought Jobe Watson handled himself really well when he had a crack in the later part of the year, I think he offered a lot more insight than Judd....but don't think he has that combative nature in him which tends to make the show pretty appealing.

It's pretty easy to work out why most pundits hate certain teams.

They bet on football.

How many easy games you lost in Melbourne over the last 7-8 years?

Probably caused Gaz to lose out on kgs of talcum powder.

Any chance Nathan Buckley could fill in for a few weeks like he did last season when Caroline Wilson was away? He wasn't bad in the role.

Any chance Nathan Buckley could fill in for a few weeks like he did last season when Caroline Wilson was away? He wasn't bad in the role.

I agree he wasn’t bad, but I don’t think people working at clubs should be on a show like this (I think Judd should be excluded from being on the show as well) as they are horribly conflicted and can’t honestly answer tough questions about other clubs.

The hot seat segment is where guys like Judd and Buckley should be on IMO and Buckley was essentially doing an extended hot seat for those few weeks.

It was shocking viewing because too much time was spent discussing Collingwood - It should never happen again.

Rather him there then Coach at Collingwood.

Bucks is really quite good in the Media

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why doesn't it ever air on the Monday after the Grand Final, especially given that it's primarily a review show and they'd have so much material from the Grand Final week to discuss?

Firstly, that would mean they have to wait another day before they can go on their holidays.

Secondly, when does "Footy Classified" EVER do a review of the match itself. It is too busy dealing with innuendo, scandal and opinion. What actually happened on the footy field is not important to them.

I doubt someone like Caro ever sits down and even watches a game of footy closely.

Both Eddie McGuire and James Brayshaw, AFL presidents of clubs (Brayshaw until two years ago) were media personalities who held roles at footy clubs.

Neil Balme is on "Hungry For Sport" most Fridays.

Leigh Matthews commentated while on the board for the Brisbane Lions.

A good improvement for this program would be a cutting out of the contrived arguments between the panelists. Usually ( but not always Matt Lloyd ) started by Hutchinson the attempts to stir a little controversy are cringeworthy in the extreme.
Show was at its best when Grant Thomas was on it, he was awesome.

Good to hear Judd might be on FC.

Always been a massive fan of Rebecca.

View attachment 449124

FC has jumped the shark. It's getting worse.

As for R Judd, my favourite is when she pretends to eat a meal or chocolate cake on Postcards. The fork or spoon comes right up to her mouth then the camera quickly cuts away.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back