USA to take on Australia at Etihad in 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Want to go but really don’t know if it will be worth the dosh.

Honestly think I’m better off forking out big coin for a seat at an NBA game when I go to the US
You can get decent NBA tix for a reasonable price, depending on which team you're looking to see of course. I'd go that path rather than pay for exhibition match tickets at Etihad and have to watch a big screen the entire time.

Whats the odds the big-name players don't make the trip or are here just for press and don't play.
If it was a pre-Olympics lead-in, instead of pre-World Cup, you'd expect a better US squad. Having said that, I highly doubt it will be filled with chumps, and I expect their play will be 'willing' (if history tells us anything, the Boomers will play aggressively and quickly put US noses out of joint).

*Guaranteed the advertising will heavily feature US players who aren't coming. See past events featuring Euro football teams for evidence of that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can get decent NBA tix for a reasonable price, depending on which team you're looking to see of course. I'd go that path rather than pay for exhibition match tickets at Etihad and have to watch a big screen the entire time.
Yeah for the price some of these people have paid for VIP tickets you could basically sit behind a bench at an NBA game.

Yeah for the price some of these people have paid for VIP tickets you could basically sit behind a bench at an NBA game.

To be fair there are eleventy billion NBA games a year, these international games against some of the worlds best are once every 20 years. Scarcity and all that.

To be fair there are eleventy billion NBA games a year, these international games against some of the worlds best are once every 20 years. Scarcity and all that.
The folks who've coughed up in advance for the VIP packages are definitely rolling the dice. Low likelihood of the James, Currys, Durants, etc. appearing.

But you don’t even know if the world’s best will be out here.

I said some of. You'll still get top 20 players.

Besides that, vast majority is going to well off corporates. Only a small fraction to the sort of person who will feel the sting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back