Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingkongdonkey

Draftee
Mar 12, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
hi - has anyone worked out the best way to edit the scoring format on ultimate footy to get close to champion data - obv some things not possible ie game impact etc, just want to get as close as possible

The following outlines Ultimate Footy scoring options (more advanced settings only available through Stats Plus subscription)

Stat
Description

KI
Kicks
HB Handballs
MA Marks
HO Hitouts
TA Tackles
FF Free Kicks For
FA Free Kicks Against
FD Free Kick Differential
GL Goals
BH Behinds
D Disposals Available via Stats PLUS
ED Effective Disposals Available via Stats PLUS
IED Ineffective Disposals Available via Stats PLUS
CP Contested Possessions Available via Stats PLUS
R50 Rebound 50s Available via Stats PLUS
CL Clearances Available via Stats PLUS
SP Spoils Available via Stats PLUS

The following outlines Ultimate Footy scoring options (more advanced settings only available through Stats Plus subscription)

Stat
Description

KI
Kicks
HB Handballs
MA Marks
HO Hitouts
TA Tackles
FF Free Kicks For
FA Free Kicks Against
GL Goals
BH Behinds

Stat
Description

KI
Kicks
HB Handballs
MA Marks
HO Hitouts
TA Tackles
FF Free Kicks For
FA Free Kicks Against
GL Goals
BH Behinds

yeah aware of that mate. wondering if anyone had worked out best way to adapt to sc scoring as there isnt an option for ineffective kick or handball (which have diff points on sc) just ineffective disp

yeah aware of that mate. wondering if anyone had worked out best way to adapt to sc scoring as there isnt an option for ineffective kick or handball (which have diff points on sc) just ineffective disp

Mate I understand exactly what you were talking about and have been playing around with score settings. Did you manage to have any luck with this? I would be really keen to hear if anyone has a set list of scoring settings (what to put for each score category) to make it as close to the supercoach scoring (ie rewarding accuracy and efficiency).

Thanks (starting a Dynasty now with 12 members)

hi - has anyone worked out the best way to edit the scoring format on ultimate footy to get close to champion data - obv some things not possible ie game impact etc, just want to get as close as possible
We've come up with our own scoring formula which we find works very well and closely aligns with SC scores. This is the breakdown:

KI: 2 (an effective kick will get you 4 points, as per ED, Ineffective -1)
HB: 0 (an effective handball will get you 2 points, as per ED, Ineffective -3)
MA: 3
HO: 1
TA: 3
FF: 1
FA: -4
GL: 9
BH: 1
ED: 2
IED: -3
CP: 2
R50: 1
CL: 2
SP: 1

We've come up with our own scoring formula which we find works very well and closely aligns with SC scores. This is the breakdown:

I take it you have ran with this for a season or so? Wanting to start a keeper sc in uf format but worried if half arsed. Were you happy enough with it?

You
Yeah mate, we're into season 2 of our keeper league and are very happy with it - no one has made a single complaint.... even when Mitchell was getting crazy scores.

If you want precise SC scoring, you're not ever gonna get it because they scale all their points which is what we don't like about SC personally.

To give you some context, I must have ran about 50 different scoring variations when I started this in 2017 (we ran a normal Draft League before switching to keeper in 2018). So that should allay concerns about it being "half arsed". This formula resulted in the same players being ranked with the highest average in SC.

I can't find my final analysis but this is one of the drafts I did. As you can see, a lot of analysis got me to the scoring I suggested earlier.

View attachment 622275View attachment 622276
You are a legend thank you so much!

finally got around to doing this did you need to tweak anything for this year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

looking at the exact same thing for next season, does the one above work well? I’m unable to access what roksman posted but it sounds like his method is unreal. Any help would be muchly appreciated

horrible this year no where near it, guessing quarters and scaling. Lost a few friends & $30
Obviously this year was a write off with shortened quarters as SC just scaled all their scores off the charts.

With normal quarters next season, this formula is something we really like.

Note: You'll never get exact SC scores due to scaling but that's not a bad thing - scaling is terrible IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back