Gundam

Remove this Banner Ad

Gundam don't really have movies, unless you mean OVA which are 4-6 parts 1 hour each (condensed of some series). If so Gundam Unicorn is great. If you do have time you should check out Gundam Seed, Gundam Seed Destiny & Gundam 00!

I have for several years been building a lot of the Master Grade & Perfect Grade Gundam kits but hadn't actually seen any of the series, save for a few random episodes of 00 that were on West TV a few years back. Bought the DVD's of Unicorn (seven approx. one hour episodes) and to be honest none of it made any sense, then someone told me it follows on from previous series, so there's a lot of backstory I'm missing. Some amazing animation in it though.

Currently slowly going through Seed on YT and it seems to be a bit easier to understand. Just reached Ep.15 which from what I can gather is the start of Seed season 2 and goes back in time a bit to explain some of the history of why things are happening.

Ultimately though I'm in it for the model kits...

I have for several years been building a lot of the Master Grade & Perfect Grade Gundam kits but hadn't actually seen any of the series, save for a few random episodes of 00 that were on West TV a few years back. Bought the DVD's of Unicorn (seven approx. one hour episodes) and to be honest none of it made any sense, then someone told me it follows on from previous series, so there's a lot of backstory I'm missing. Some amazing animation in it though.

Currently slowly going through Seed on YT and it seems to be a bit easier to understand. Just reached Ep.15 which from what I can gather is the start of Seed season 2 and goes back in time a bit to explain some of the history of why things are happening.

Ultimately though I'm in it for the model kits...
same here, i just started building some kits.

Where do you purchase your kits from? Do you do the whole re-painting etc or you just snap them together?
I started my first kit recently from a local store and am planning to do a whole primer spray and repaint in colours I like. I just bought some Testors paints as they were the most cost effective from a website I found.

Where do you purchase your kits from?

I try to buy them locally where I can, there are a few shops in Perth that sell them. Usually from littlerobot.com.au (great guys who also host build days / product demos in their shop from time to time) but will buy from whoever else if they have a kit in stock that I want. Have also bought a bit (not just Gundam stuff) from Hobbylink Japan.

Last time I was in Melbourne I saw some kits in a few different places in the CBD but the range & prices weren't fantastic.

With most kits I tend to do a small amount of detail painting but they are generally just snapped together then I apply the dry transfers. I do plan on getting an airbrush at some point to take things a bit further but that's a whole new rabbit-hole to go down...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back