Diet, Supplements and Enhancers

Remove this Banner Ad

Was wondering if anyone uses a natural pre workout supp for energy etc prior to workout ? I seem to be running out of energy half way through cardio based workout .

Was wondering if anyone uses a natural pre workout supp for energy etc prior to workout ? I seem to be running out of energy half way through cardio based workout .

What would class as not naural or natural?

What cardio are you doing? What bass are you starting from?

Personally I’ve always seen supplements of the legal kind to aid recovery not enhance performance. The supps of the non legal style do enhance performance

What would class as not naural or natural?

What cardio are you doing? What bass are you starting from?

Personally I’ve always seen supplements of the legal kind to aid recovery not enhance performance. The supps of the non legal style do enhance performance

I’ve started doing F45 training and been going for around 6 weeks now , but I seem to be running out of energy just after half way through a class . I mean natural as in maybe a food type powder source drink or what type of food I could eat just prior to give me energy boost .

I’ve started doing F45 training and been going for around 6 weeks now , but I seem to be running out of energy just after half way through a class . I mean natural as in maybe a food type powder source drink or what type of food I could eat just prior to give me energy boost .

I’d be looking at your overall diet/nutrition and fitness levels rather than a pre-workout.
Even with a decent one you’re still likely to crash and burn around the same time unless you get an awesome placebo effect out of it.

Sounds like more of a conditioning and general diet issue. A pre-workout won't really help much with that.
A lot of people here work out in the morning in a fasted state or not far off it.

6 weeks is not that long a timeframe, just stick with it and your body will adjust in time.

Agree with the previous posts, it’s seems you just need to keep working on your fitness.

Are you trying to lose weight? Maybe you aren’t getting enough calories in.

Agree with the previous posts, it’s seems you just need to keep working on your fitness.

Are you trying to lose weight? Maybe you aren’t getting enough calories in.

I’m eating around 1900 calories a day as I’m trying to drop weight etc . It’s pretty high intensity workout for 45 minutes per day I do 5 days a week , 3 days are cardio based excercises and the other two days are strength/ resistance .

I’m eating around 1900 calories a day as I’m trying to drop weight etc . It’s pretty high intensity workout for 45 minutes per day I do 5 days a week , 3 days are cardio based excercises and the other two days are strength/ resistance .

How tall are you? What do you currently weigh? If you don’t mind me asking. Are you male or female?

Yeah no probs , I’m 6 ft , weigh 98 kgs , Male .

Yeah 1900 calories is low, but it will fast track weight loss. The biggest downside is not having enough calories/energy for your workouts - that’s why you are gassing out. I’m 5’10 82kg and on about 2000 calories a day which is about 600-800 below maintenance calories for me.

Do you use any other supplements?

I use bulknutrients recovery BCAA’s mixed in with cordial as an intra workout

Yeah 1900 calories is low, but it will fast track weight loss. The biggest downside is not having enough calories/energy for your workouts - that’s why you are gassing out. I’m 5’10 82kg and on about 2000 calories a day which is about 600-800 below maintenance calories for me.

Do you use any other supplements?

I use bulknutrients recovery BCAA’s mixed in with cordial as an intra workout

I just take magnesium , fish oil each day . I’ve seen those sports powders in the chemist but there just loaded with caffeine

I just take magnesium , fish oil each day . I’ve seen those sports powders in the chemist but there just loaded with caffeine

Honestly you are running out of energy because you aren’t eating enough. But it’s the trade off for trying to lose weight. It sucks but all part of the process.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly you are running out of energy because you aren’t eating enough. But it’s the trade off for trying to lose weight. It sucks but all part of the process.

Yeah catch 22 I guess . What’s your thoughts on eating carbs for energy source ?

Yeah catch 22 I guess . What’s your thoughts on eating carbs for energy source ?

Carbs are a totally individual thing. Personally I go low carb when I really cut calories because I think it’s the most despensable of the three macros.

Protein is the most important 2g per kg of bodyweight
Fat don’t want to go below 30% but can make up the difference if you go really low carb
Carbs make up the rest of your calories

I don’t see carbs as the devil they can be made out to be. If you feel you can function on a low carb diet then go for it. But if you are really struggling then just fit them into your calories.

Calories or lack of is what drives weight loss, how you achieve this calorie deficit is up to you.

It's the body's preferred energy source. Just stick to low GI complex carbs rather than simple carbs, and watch portion size. Folks seem to value quantity of stuff rather than quality these days - food and training both.

It's the body's preferred energy source. Just stick to low GI complex carbs rather than simple carbs, and watch portion size. Folks seem to value quantity of stuff rather than quality these days - food and training both.

so i usually like to have a few days per week two cups of penne pasta with a bit of Pork mince with can tomatoes etc. So i usually have that for lunch . Then the other days have chicken and fish for lunch with vegies.

so i usually like to have a few days per week two cups of penne pasta with a bit of Pork mince with can tomatoes etc. So i usually have that for lunch . Then the other days have chicken and fish for lunch with vegies.

Ha! Well this is where I suppose it does become confusing for folks. I should've written GL as in glycemic load. Pasta is low GI, but it has a high amount of carbs per 100g of pasta (up to 40g of carbs!). So regular large serves of pasta = regular large serves of kilojoules. Probably best to lessen the number of serves and sizes of pasta. Also look at wholemeal pasta which has less digestible carbs per 100g.

Yeah thats pretty low especially on your F45 training days.
At 98kgs, Your probably burning anywhere between 250-400 calories during a session as well, so i wouldn't stress on increasing calorie intake on the days you do F45 for more energy, as long as there clean calories it shouldn't affect your weight loss goals.

My gaspari hyper amino turned up today so pretty keen to try it tomorrow, meant to give you a pretty good pump.

Out of curiosity what stacks are people running.

Mine currently is

Optimum nutrition whey
Max's creatine
C4
Hyper amino

Remove this Banner Ad

Back