General Bombers Talk Questions and discussions that don't warrant a thread

Remove this Banner Ad

This question has probably been answered a million times but can anyone tell me if the image quality of the AFL Pass is good enough on a 15" laptop? From what i'm hearing it has been limited to a 7" size? For that matter can i actually play it on my laptop? Last year I pretty much exclusively watched footy replays on my laptop. Saw very little live footage on TV, so it's all about the laptop for me.
Your two best legal options if you want both live and replays are Foxtel Now + Sport for $44/month, or the international WatchAFL service for $190/season plus an enabling VPN (~$50 should get you a lifetime subscription). Both have all games and Fox Footy content, though I'm not sure if the former does on demand replays.

Does anybody (Mero perhaps?) know if Essendon wore "Brandella" brand guernseys in '86-89? A friend has acquired one and was asking.
If it's from that era, and he'd checking if it's from the club, I could usually tell from photos.
The stitching of numbers, and the sponsor logos would give me a pretty good idea.
Brandella's footy jumpers were used by the club, so it's possible that it's from the club.
However, they also supplied local clubs as well.

If it does have sponsors:
Small Nubrik patch and it's 1985-1987
Large NUBRIK patch and it's 1988-1989

Have we got an 'Injuries' thread? I know ideally we dont want one, or any injuries, but right now we have a few senior players out and/or coming back from injuries and it would be good to get updates on their progress and post them in one spot I reckon as they come through. I think at present we have;-

Gleeson - 14 weeks
Colyer - 10 weeks
Laverde - 6 weeks
Ambrose - 4 weeks
Myers - 1 week
Fantasia - 1 week
McNeice - 1 week
Francis - available

Is that about right?

Last edited:
Have we got an 'Injuries' thread? I know ideally we dont want one, or any injuries, but right now we have a few senior players out and/or coming back from injuries and it would be good to get updates on their progress and post them in one spot I reckon as they come through. I think at present we have;-

Gleeson - 14 weeks
Colyer - 10 weeks
Laverde - 6 weeks
Ambrose - 4 weeks
Myers - 1 week
Fantasia - 1 week
McNeice - 1 week
Francis - available

Is that about right?
Player threads are all individually updated in thread and in the thread title every week when the club puts out the injury update article. The ‘2018 Essendon List’ thread has a spreadsheet in the OP (linked in my signature) which has all the selections and injuries plotted out with forecast return dates and any info about them running/training as part of their recovery (the same spreadsheet is linked in the pinned player contracts thread).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would seem my mate's guernsey is just a local one he seemed to indicate it has a narrow sash. Was hoping it was from '87 as it has #38 which would've been Daryl "The Fader" Cunningham - a player we both revere.
Indeed we do.
He was a mate of my brother's when he was at the club.
An interesting bloke to have a drink with.

Woolen jumpers combined with sweat would have made the body itchy I imgaine they would have been terrible to wear for footy players back then.
Footy jumpers were mostly acrylic from about 1970.
However, between 1910 and 1970 they were wool.
Most arguments I've seen for the adoption of acrylic over wool were that wool became very heavy in the wet, and the jumpers were more likely to shrink depending on how they were washed and dried. This then impacted the club because they had to replace them.
Comfort appears to be a secondary concern.

Devon Smith is just about our only consistent impact player? (Yes, only 2 games). Saad, ??? any others?
We need several players to join him and consistently impact games. Looking at other clubs they have several players who continually turn up and play good footy no matter who the opposition is (especially midfield).
We've got a number who can turn a game on its head...but not often enough.

C2238DF0-1945-43C7-94B1-6D16988BBCE8.jpeg Hello all! I am selling one ticket to the Collingwood vs Essendon Anzac Day game. Selling for face value - $60. See pic for details. PM if keen.

my daughter has been chosen to play auskick on the ground next Friday night at the dome.

she is a bit fretful and wanting to say no, but I think she will regret it if she misses it. Has anyone had any experiences with it?

Can/does the parent get to go stand with them and support them on the sidelines? or are we camped out in the seats?

I have two MCC reserved seats for sale. level 1, section M17, row U

on the wing, opposite side to the interchange boxes (gate 6 ish) - going off ANZAC day, you don't need to abide by strict dress code on this side.

from what I can see, these would retail for $65 for an adult each

my brother wants $80 for the two

PM me

Hi guys,

How do I general admission tickets for todays game? Im trying to go through Ticketmaster and it keeps redirecting me to 'Ticketmaster-resale?

Should I just buy tickets at the game?

Thanks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back