QFA Div 4&5

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t have too much idea of the level of many of the other teams in Div 5 but I’d think they would be a good chance at playing some finals footy.

Jindalee fancied themselves for Div 5 premiership this year, got completely pantsed by the Woodies on Friday night though.

Anyone know the final score? I went down for a look, pulled into the carpark, took one look at the scoreboard midway through first quarter and turned around and went home!

Jindalee fancied themselves for Div 5 premiership this year, got completely pantsed by the Woodies on Friday night though.

Anyone know the final score? I went down for a look, pulled into the carpark, took one look at the scoreboard midway through first quarter and turned around and went home!

Well lucky for them they won’t have to play the Woodies in the regular season.

yes, but if Bribie are competitive with the back to back premiers who are similar standard to the Woodies, and Jindalee are getting pumped by 100+ - I'm extrapolating somewhat that Bribie will have Jindalee covered easily.

It is only March though, and the Masters teams like Zillmere and Woodies are only going to improve!

Why wouldn’t jindalee have some confidence heading into the year. They played finals last year, the two best sides have moved up to div 4 and they seemed to match it with every other team last year.

Getting beat by the Woodies is meaningless in the scheme of their season, it did give their players a chance to play against some good quality players from the Woodies and has only probably helped them.

You say a lot of dumb things. And I’d suggest anyone who has time on a Friday to watch a trial game between two clubs they have nothing to do with is probably a special kind of special guy.

Ease up Longy, we had a big crowed there Friday!

However, as usual QAFL fan is off the mark.

We had 5-10 senior/ressies guys who are either new to the club or a bit underdone running around for us for the first few quarters on Friday, so not exactly a reflection of where we are at given the extra inclusions.

Ease up Longy, we had a big crowed there Friday!

However, as usual QAFL fan is off the mark.

We had 5-10 senior/ressies guys who are either new to the club or a bit underdone running around for us for the first few quarters on Friday, so not exactly a reflection of where we are at given the extra inclusions.

I think QAFL fan knows a bit more about everything than people actually involved mate....

A shame the roosters had to pull the pin... probably better for the club to pool players though to ensure they get it right with snrs and reserves... 2 weeks to go hey... who has games this weekend?

First time poster, I coach Zillmere and after seeing so many terrific judges of footy comment on our club, thought I’d throw my opinion in.

First to those saying Zillmere would beat teams in div 2 or 3, the reality is there is no way to know without a game happening, and secondly not one person at Zillmere really cares. Having coached in div 3 as well there are differences between the comps that make it impossible to compare them any way.. training as someone pointed out at Zillmere is non compulsory, there is no time on also so fitness would be higher at div 3 level for sure. And someone mentioned Brick running rings around us, i would be confident Matty Stevens, Dan Campbell, Zac Molan or Alex Lushington who have all played senior QAFL not that long ago and are all under 30 still would more than keep up with him.

As for those saying we are full of blokes chasing easy flags, there is no such thing as an easy premiership. We are lucky at the moment to have a good group of players who are all good mates, most can’t commit to Saturday for and us older blokes have families and fridays work great for us. 2014 Zillmere didn’t even make finals but, things can turn around pretty quickly in either direction in terms of wins/losses, 2012 we didn’t even exist as a club. Long term the club would love to move back to Saturday footy in a higher grade, but off field we have a lot of work to do to make sure the club is strong enough to sustain two Saturday teams.

The reality is Friday nights are a huge attraction for players and it works for where we are at as a a club right now. Winning premierships is a terrific bonus but most of our guys just want to have a kick with mates and Friday’s suits our list. If we were told to move to Saturday footy tomorrow, we would lose most of our players (and coach!).

It’s unfair to the other clubs in our comp to paint us as a team who is miles in front any way. The woodies were one lucky bounce for us away from winning first final and every game against them this year was decided by under 10 points. They are a terrific side and great bunch of fellas who seem to operate like us, social footy players who like to win. Sandgate beat us twice through the year and were smashed with injuries in the gf. Jimboomba, Mayne and Maroochy will strengthen the comp this year as well, so we certainly will be doing our best to win again, but we know it’s not going to be given to us.

Any ways, they say your no one unless you are talked about so I guess we must be doing something right. All the best to all teams this year, look forward to a beer after and a laugh on the field this season.
You are the king

Any predictions for the Div 4 comp? Zillmere too strong, Woodies get an elusive flag? Can jimboomba make an impact on their return? Any surprise packets in the mix.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Never been a lack of confidence down at the redbacks, but reality is they haven't been to the big dance since 2011.

If they could close Guisey a couple of times, maybe.

Jimboomba seem to be consistent in this comp without taking it out. Wouldn't every club be confident of going close at the start of the year though? If not, why participate in the comp.

Zillmere 3peat

Morningside big improvers. Maroochydoore and Woodsmen to round out Top 4.

From what I heard Maroochydore got pumped in a tribute match against Gympie who only won 2 games last year. I'd say Maroochy won't be top 4 this year. Seems like they've lost players.

Late mail is that Guise maybe missing the round 1 clash tonight due to his former side not granting him a transfer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back